Acro team epic fail

brucekaupa

**** Commander
Reaction score
What the heck was wrong with that one jumper? She took out half the pyramid...

Anything else go wrong today? Anything at people's homes?

We had a great view of what took place. I've seen this group perform dozens of times and have never seen a fail like this. This young woman couldn't get enough clearance when they were jumping over their pyramid and twice clipped a fellow acrobat and the pyramid toppled over. Then this girl went to her spot on the side and began to cry, but continued to perform including a few different moves. When the performance ended, she ran to one coach who consoled her and then ran to another who carried her off in her arms ala Keri Strug at the Olympics. It was a dramatic way to leave the Barn's floor after seemingly having no injuries.

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, it was like a real-life game of Angry Birds

We had a great view of what took place. I've seen this group perform dozens of times and have never seen a fail like this. This young woman couldn't get enough clearance when they were jumping over their pyramid and twice clipped a fellow acrobat and the pyramid toppled over. Then this girl went to her spot on the side and began to cry, but continued to perform including a few different moves. When the performance ended, she ran to one coach who consoled her and then ran to another who carried her off in her arms ala Keri Strug at the Olympics. It was a dramatic way to leave the Barn's floor after seemingly having no injuries.

Go Gophers!!

I've watched the Fargo Acro team at least thirty times and this one time I decided to take a halftime walk. Big. Drama. Missed. Damn!!

Go Gophers!!

Appropriate for our season.

I’m a passionate fan of real half time performances. I always look forward to the Fargo Moorhead squad. Their precision is legendary.

She wrecked a few girls. Almost made it...better? Glad no one was actually hurt

A few of you had perfect responses to this; notably the Angry Birds reference and Bleed's play-by-play.

I wouldn't say I look forward to their performance each year but I am typically pleased when I see them wheeling out the bouncy boards they do their flips and tumbles on. Their performance is entertaining and usually when it finishes, half time is almost over and I hardly even notice the time pass. But yes, this performance was special because the girl who not once, but twice, completely obliterated the pyramid 100% stole the show. It was almost like I was out there with them and gave me a sense of hope that, if my day job doesn't work out, I too could become a member of the Fargo Acro team.

In realness, this girl has to have been cut from the team, right? 43 or some odd years of annual appearances at the Barn - this cannot be their representation. The big build up to the pyramid jumps and this girl plays human wrecking ball and blubbers on the court. Amazing.

Top Bottom