R.I.P. Keith Jackson

Buck_Buchanan

Reaction score
Lost an American Legend.
R.I.P. Keith....

As one person noted....."Another piece of our childhood gone."
Special Talent in the industry.

He was college football. It is a loss. Thoughts to his family...

Whoa, Nelly!

A class act all the way.

Don't rest in peace....enjoy the heavens!!!

Really bummed about this. Childhood memories galore because of Keith. I can still hear him with the Alabama goal line stop of Penn State.

Many, many people would like Morgan Freeman to narrate their life. Good choice, too. But I would choose Keith Jackson. He was the best in the biz, IMO. Rest in peace, Sir.

Such a loss of a great icon. We've lost Dick Enberg and Keith Jackson within 3 weeks of each other, that's a total of 24 Rose Bowl calls (and countless other major sporting events they broadcast) covering my formative years growing up loving college football. Thanks for the memories, Hoss.

Hundreds of Saturday’s were spent listening to Keith Jackson and Ray Christensen.

Ray Scott was one of my favs, too. Minimalist broadcasting. Doesn't talk all over the play:

Did Keith ever call a Gopher's game? Doubt it, especially that they might have won it, but just curious.

Sorry to hear this. Like a lot of people here I spent a lot of Saturday’s listening to his calls. RIP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Inimitable voice and delivery and always seemed to be prepared. A true professional.

"coming around the outside that's 220 pounds of dynamite...that's Tyrone Wheatley".

This is what I think in my head, but I don't know if Keith actually said it, it's just how I remember it. This guy was college football for me and goes down as my favorite.

Top Bottom