***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Agreed, and I wouldn't exempt the first one. The first one had three or four experienced players who were significant contributors for Tubby, a slimmed down Walker, and a high impact spark plug point guard.

He's kind of the opposite of Bo Ryan. Bo Ryan usually got team performances in excess of his talent level and got some players into the pros that unlikely would have gone there if they played for some other coach.

True, though Richard gets credit for getting Walker to slim down and Deandre to come here. He's raised the talent level, but not that much. And he's not coaching it up. We have a nice recruiting class coming in, but it's not the fab 5.

It's hard to see this group - Mason + Coffey and 3 freshman suddenly being a top tier B1G team. I'm leaning towards moving on.

Has any coach ever won a conference coach of the year award sandwiched between two 2-win conference seasons?

Has any coach ever won a conference coach of the year award sandwiched between two 2-win conference seasons?

Did Tim Miles win it? That would be close though he won more than 2 before and after.

Washington has been nothing but terrible.

Yep. We could have gotten better players in our own backyard over IW, Harris, Fitz, Konate, Dhoodhoo. And we'd be better off.

That's just a moronic comment from you, but I have come to expect nothing less.

Actually, your response is far more "moronic" and knee-jerk than his statement. Perhaps I should be more charitable and simply call it "uniformed."

builtbadgers' statement is empirically correct more or less.

Power conference guards with a True Shooting Percentage (my guess is that you don't know what that is) less than 40% who average 17 minutes or more per game:

Counting the Big East among the power conferences, there are only 2 players fitting that category. Both are from the Big Ten:
Isaiah Washington: .396
Jamari Wheeler (PSU): .382

Maybe you should do some research before you scoff at other people's statements. I won't hold my breath, though. People like you rarely are interested in self-improvement.

Actually, your response is far more "moronic" and knee-jerk than his statement. Perhaps I should be more charitable and simply call it "uniformed."

builtbadgers' statement is empirically correct more or less.

Power conference guards with a True Shooting Percentage (my guess is that you don't know what that is) less than 40% who average 17 minutes or more per game:

Counting the Big East among the power conferences, there are only 2 players fitting that category. Both are from the Big Ten:
Isaiah Washington: .396
Jamari Wheeler (PSU): .382

Maybe you should do some research before you scoff at other people's statements. I won't hold my breath, though. People like you rarely are interested in self-improvement.

This is squarely in the category of YIKES.

This is squarely in the category of YIKES.

Not at all. People who call others morons without taking any steps to discover whether those individuals really are wrong should be condemned with unchained fury.

Not at all. People who call others morons without taking any steps to discover whether those individuals really are wrong should be condemned with unchained fury.

I mean the TSPs.

I mean the TSPs.

Oh, OK, thanks. There's a lot to like about Washington and we really need him right now, but, yes, his shooting really is about as bad as it gets for a guard at this level of competition.

Oh, OK, thanks. There's a lot to like about Washington and we really need him right now, but, yes, his shooting really is about as bad as it gets for a guard at this level of competition.
He's going to be just fine. He's simply lost his confidence. I don't worry about that hiccup. What worries me is the lack of leadership coming from Mason and Murphy.

Isaiah could be a little bit more like Eric Harris who was also a NYC point guard. Strong defender, good creator, and not a great shooter. Eric was a smart player.

Top Bottom