***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

It's been profitable. But the Gophers will no longer be favored in any game save 1 or 2 maybe.
Yeah, I wonder how long until the point spreads are adjusted appropriately. 8.5 point spread today.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

This is the worst basketball I've subjected myself to in a long time.

Any bets that having the ball stripped 3 consecutive times going to the bucket will motivate Washington to try something different next time?

Washington needs to be a pass first point guard- I don’t know why that isn’t his focus - we came out this year trying to out score everyone when the turn around last year came from defense.

I've become indifferent to Pitino. If he leaves for a crap SEC job, I won't be upset.

Getting there myself. If they only win one more conference game the rest of the way not sure why Pitino should keep his job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They talk about OSU being better than their talent. I don't think you can say that about any of Pitino's teams, save perhaps the first one.

They talk about OSU being better than their talent. I don't think you can say that about any of Pitino's teams, save perhaps the first one.

All these teams have talent - these are all Big Ten caliber players. It's who fits it together into a functional whole. Last year it was the Gophs.

Our primary guards are just not good jump-shooters. Mason, McBrayer and Washington are 6-27.

I came into this season more excited for Gopher basketball than I have in many years. To have something so promising turn so utterly awful so quickly is stunning beyond even the usual measures of stunning badness that is Gopher athletics.

Our primary guards are just not good jump-shooters. Mason, McBrayer and Washington are 6-27.

This.

For the last three seasons.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I came into this season more excited for Gopher basketball than I have in many years. To have something so promising turn so utterly awful so quickly is stunning beyond even the usual measures of stunning badness that is Gopher athletics.
I'm used to either midgame turns for the worse or season-long incompetence.

I started to worry about this team watching the 5 on 3 game but am starting to realize that Pitinos coaching is getting very questionable. They should mike him up like FS1 did in last nights De Paul game- I would love to hear his strategy and coaching conversations

The slappin' hand of Gopher fate hit us late last year with the Springs and Mason injuries and caught us on the flip-side backhand again this year. You just don't expect the flip-side backhand.

This.

The gushing over OSU's improvement made me look up their current roster. They have 5 Top 100 players, I believe. And another guy was top 150. Bates-Diop was nearly a 5 star. Better than their talent? Yeah, right...wouldn't it be nice if the Gophers had that right now?

The gushing over OSU's improvement made me look up their current roster. They have 5 Top 100 players, I believe. And another guy was top 150. Bates-Diop was nearly a 5 star. Better than their talent? Yeah, right...wouldn't it be nice if the Gophers had that right now?

Yeah, that was always the tired false narrative with Knight's Indiana teams.

OK. Maybe Thad Matta was coaching the talent down. I still say Pitino has not coached his talent up and this is really pathetic, I don't care who's out.

Player leadership is lacking- disappointed in Mason and Murphy for it rallying this team on the court

Agreed, and I wouldn't exempt the first one. The first one had three or four experienced players who were significant contributors for Tubby, a slimmed down Walker, and a high impact spark plug point guard.

He's kind of the opposite of Bo Ryan. Bo Ryan usually got team performances in excess of his talent level and got some players into the pros that unlikely would have gone there if they played for some other coach.

At this pace, we are going to be a bad loss for a few teams.

Not sure where they go from here. The coach may have lost this team.

A 34 point loss at home and it could have been worse. Nowhere to go but up in this shipwrecked season. Next game. Keep em coming and let it end quickly and painlessly.

Top Bottom