***OFFICIAL PURDUE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Let's give credit where it's due, Purdue is a very balanced team and probably played one of its best games of the season today. They can make a Final 4 run if they play like that consistently.

I find it interesting that IW is taking criticism. He's a freshman, he's going to make mistakes. But he was also one of the few who played with any energy today. Nate Mason was beyond awful for the second straight game. His shot selection was terrible, and he was made to look like a statue on defense. Got to wonder if that ankle is bugging him more than we think, he seems a step slow and most of his misses were short. No legs in the shot at all.

While the talk of Lynch's suspension is getting the headlines, it's Coffey being out that is killing this team. He can do a little bit of everything. And with McBrayer not being able to practice much, if at all, it's incredibly difficult to find a chemistry on the floor when non-starters are being asked to take on bigger role that they're either not ready for or not capable of.

Hurt and Murphy both played better today, but the overall lack of defensive communication was ugly. Wide open 3s whenever Purdue wanted them, and Konate has no chance against Haas when he can establish position in the low post. They could've won by 50 if they shot better early. Fitzgerald needs to attack the basket more and try to score off rebounds and lay-ups, there is a reason you're being left open on the perimeter...

We're not playing together at all. Minimal ball movement, guys trying to beat their defender 1-on-1 and jacking up shots whenever they feel like it. That won't work with this collection.

Now you've got three games, all on the road, between now and next Saturday. It's conceivable we don't win again until Iowa.

I wonder if we have ever had a season where we have had a double ******bag call out thread? I know we had a thread earlier this year where some clown wanted to know where all the posters are now that didn't believe in Pitino were and they were suppose to show up and eat crow. We might be on the verge of one on the other side now. Just about every year has one, that is predictable, but we might get two douchy ones this year.

OK, I knew it was bad, but...

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's going to be just fine. He's simply lost his confidence. I don't worry about that hiccup. What worries me is the lack of leadership coming from Mason and Murphy.

I don't think a lack of confidence is what he's struggling with. He has no problems getting his shots in. I've never seen anyone take more bad/forced shots in all my years of watching basketball. He doesn't appear to care at all about playing team basketball.

I don't think a lack of confidence is what he's struggling with. He has no problems getting his shots in. I've never seen anyone take more bad/forced shots in all my years of watching basketball. He doesn't appear to care at all about playing team basketball.

The coach needs to get through to him about that.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I am just curious, not saying fire Pitino, what would have to happen for him to get fired? I believe he has a pretty steep buyout. I am just wondering if a total collapse coupled with off the court problems and his dad’s downfall might create a situation where Coyle has to pull the plug.

I am just curious, not saying fire Pitino, what would have to happen for him to get fired? I believe he has a pretty steep buyout. I am just wondering if a total collapse coupled with off the court problems and his dad’s downfall might create a situation where Coyle has to pull the plug.

He'll get fired if and when we keep having bad seasons and it is actually because of coaching and recruiting. As for this year- I think anyone blaming this on him (and I am not saying that is you) is just insane. Of the top 6 guys we had coming into the year- Curry never played, Lynch is gone, McBrayer isn't able to practice, Coffey is out for a month and Mason is probably still nursing a sore ankle. Right now nothing has gone right for these guys and they are mentally screwed up. Let's play out the season and see what happens.

He'll get fired if and when we keep having bad seasons and it is actually because of coaching and recruiting. As for this year- I think anyone blaming this on him (and I am not saying that is you) is just insane. Of the top 6 guys we had coming into the year- Curry never played, Lynch is gone, McBrayer isn't able to practice, Coffey is out for a month and Mason is probably still nursing a sore ankle. Right now nothing has gone right for these guys and they are mentally screwed up. Let's play out the season and see what happens.

All true except the guys out there appear to be playing for themselves. No ball movement, a lot of ill advised shots and giving up wide open threes on defense. Those are systems and communications issues, which is coaching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I disagree. Did you ever watch Westbrook play at the U? He launched bad shot after bad shot.
Regardless of whether you like it or not, Washington is our point guard for the future. I think he's going to be just fine. Very few freshmen come into the B1G and dominate...especially those who come to UMN. I suggest you give Washington some time. He's going to be alright.

The thing is they really haven't had any off court problems the last year and a half to two years, they really have been stellar, do you fire him for two year old issues.

I disagree. Did you ever watch Westbrook play at the U? He launched bad shot after bad shot.
Regardless of whether you like it or not, Washington is our point guard for the future. I think he's going to be just fine. Very few freshmen come into the B1G and dominate...especially those who come to UMN. I suggest you give Washington some time. He's going to be alright.

I like him as a future player but you never did your research on what kind of shooter he is. All you had was a personal attack. I had already seen him several times on the recruiting trail and reports were mediocre shooter, great playmaker, large talent and needed much work needed defensively. All spot on and i agree that most freshman have a tough time. He was not sought out by the blue bloods for a reason.

I like him as a future player but you never did your research on what kind of shooter he is. All you had was a personal attack. I had already seen him several times on the recruiting trail and reports were mediocre shooter, great playmaker, large talent and needed much work needed defensively. All spot on and i agree that most freshman have a tough time. He was not sought out by the blue bloods for a reason.
I saw him light it up in high school with an excellent stroke. The kid is going to win us some games from downtown, just be patient.

What am I missing? Is Minnosota just a troll?
Washington is not even serviceable. Under any other situation on any other team, he wouldn't see the floor. He's a liability on D, doesn't play team ball, and doesn't put the ball in the hoop. Plus he's good for a least two or three really bad turnovers a game. What he has is very, very good handles and good court vision.
He's not like Westbrook and it's ridiculous that you try to compare the two. Westbrook was an undersized scoring machine. I was not a Westbrook fan either. However, he could score and often in bunches. On several occasions he single handedly willed us to victory. With that being said, those were not good teams and he wasn't going to get us to the final four. If Washington was simply serviceable, we beat Miami.
...and seriously, this isn't high school. This is Big Ten. You can find a high school kid lighting somebody up from downtown 100 times over, every night. I'm not into dogging on these kids but you also have to be honest about what's going on.

I saw him light it up in high school with an excellent stroke. The kid is going to win us some games from downtown, just be patient.

i am patient. Are you disputing the best scouts evaluations and his shooting numbers. You attacked me without actually addressing his numbers as a shooter. Will you never address the actual facts.

i am patient. Are you disputing the best scouts evaluations and his shooting numbers. You attacked me without actually addressing his numbers as a shooter. Will you never address the actual facts.
You are a moron if you think I attacked you. Are you a millenial?

All true except the guys out there appear to be playing for themselves. No ball movement, a lot of ill advised shots and giving up wide open threes on defense. Those are systems and communications issues, which is coaching.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This. No matter how bad things are, you can still evaluate what a coach does with what he has. Coach Mo did well with a bad team as the interim for example. This team is not good enough to win many games. It is good enough to not lose by 57 points in the last two games. Pitino is failing to coach up what he does have. Hopefully it improves.

This. No matter how bad things are, you can still evaluate what a coach does with what he has. Coach Mo did well with a bad team as the interim for example. This team is not good enough to win many games. It is good enough to not lose by 57 points in the last two games. Pitino is failing to coach up what he does have. Hopefully it improves.

The crumbling of the program under Pitino is progressing. Don’t see how a competent AD can keep him if they continue to get blown out, especially at home. Coach is responsible for depth, development, attitude, and effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are a moron if you think I attacked you. Are you a millenial?

Well, I'm a baby boomer with a Ph.D. and I'd say you clearly attacked him and without any justification. He was right. You were wrong and topped it off with lowbrow boorishness. Finally, you're not even man enough to admit you were wrong and instead choose to compound your error.

Well, I'm a baby boomer with a Ph.D. and I'd say you clearly attacked him and without any justification. He was right. You were wrong and topped it off with lowbrow boorishness. Finally, you're not even man enough to admit you were wrong and instead choose to compound your error.
Grow a pair and get back to me. [emoji41]

Grow a pair and get back to me. [emoji41]

I was born with a pair. That's no accomplishment. There's really nothing difficult or noteworthy about being contemptuous idiot. Those are a dime a dozen. But, I guess that's all a loser like you has.

I was born with a pair. That's no accomplishment. There's really nothing difficult or noteworthy about being contemptuous idiot. Those are a dime a dozen. But, I guess that's all a loser like you has.
Deep thoughts...

Top Bottom