Gophers coach Richard Pitino’s reaction to blowout loss: compassion

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Gophers men’s basketball coach Richard Pitino saw plenty of mistakes in Minnesota’s 83-60 loss to Northwestern on Wednesday. He didn’t act on all of them.

“I think more than anything it’s just understanding,” Pitino said Friday. “Maybe I was a little bit nicer to them after a not-very-good performance versus Northwestern. But I think they deserve a break, to be honest. You maybe point out certainly what you need to do from an execution standpoint.”

After falling to 0-2 playing without center Reggie Lynch (suspended for sexual misconduct investigations( and guard Amir Coffey (shoulder injury), the Gophers (13-5, 2-3 Big Ten) will need a much-improved performance against No. 5 Purdue (16-2, 5-0) at 11 a.m. Saturday at Williams Arena.

“Coach has been doing a really good job of just keeping us motivated and keeping us with our head high,” forward Jordan Murphy said.

This, after news of a third Lynch investigation was revealed a day before the Northwestern game — including a university panel recommendation for his expulsion.

“I don’t feel like the guys are distracted, to be honest. I think they are excited about moving forward,” Pitino said. “I think we got Northwestern out of our system a little bit, but I think we are ready to go.”

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/...-pitinos-reaction-to-blowout-loss-compassion/

Go Gophers!!

Coach has been doing a really good job of just keeping us motivated and keeping us with our head high,” forward Jordan Murphy said

Boy, they sure looked motivated the last couple games. LOL

I get what he is saying, but come on Jordan. Hardly anyone on the roster has given full effort since this all happened.

Coach has been doing a really good job of just keeping us motivated and keeping us with our head high,” forward Jordan Murphy said

Boy, they sure looked motivated the last couple games. LOL

I get what he is saying, but come on Jordan. Hardly anyone on the roster has given full effort since this all happened.

You're correct about the effort in the Northwestern game but not the IU game. The IU loss was due missed FTs and poor decisions in end of game situations not the effort.

Top Bottom