Big Ten Tournament Pairings (if tournament were held today)

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Update #1 for 2017-18. Gophers currently are part of Weakling Wednesday. All times are Central. All 1st-, 2nd-, and quarterfinal-round games will be televised by BTN.

Wednesday, Feb. 28 (Weakling Wednesday)
#12 Rutgers (1-4) vs. #13 Iowa (1-5), 4:30
#11 GOPHERS (2-3) vs. #14 Illinois (0-5), 7

Thursday, March 1 (2nd Round)
#8 Wisconsin (2-3) vs. #9 Penn State (2-3), 11
#5 Nebraska (3-2) vs. Rutgers/Iowa winner, 1:30
#7 Maryland (3-3) vs. #10 Northwestern (2-3), 5:30
#6 Indiana (3-2) vs. GOPHERS-Illinois winner, 8

Friday, March 2 (Quarterfinals)
#1 Ohio State (5-0) vs. Wisconsin-Penn State winner, 11
#4 Michigan (3-2) vs. Nebraska/Rutgers/Iowa winner, 1:30
#2 Purdue (5-0) vs. Maryland/Northwestern winner, 5:30
#3 Michigan State (4-1) vs. Indiana/GOPHERS/Illinois winner, 8

We can never have nice things

Heading into the season I was actually pondering the thought that the program/Gophers had a really good chance to appear in 3 consecutive NCAA tournaments for the first time in school history. ... last year, this one, and next season. Oops.

Heading into the season I was actually pondering the thought that the program/Gophers had a really good chance to appear in 3 consecutive NCAA tournaments for the first time in school history. ... last year, this one, and next season. Oops.

I was optimistic as you. But as I just posted in another thread. Pitino's downfall will be his inability to have a good roster/scholarship structure. He always has dead wait on his roster. It can never be next man up, because there is nobody else. The Curry injury hurt so bad. But how Konate or Diedhou never became competitors, deadweight of Stockman (and Fitzgerald (in years past). Springs went down last year and they had no depth. Or players' getting suspended.

Top Bottom