OSU Kevin Feder OL to Minnesota?

Is there an opening? With our OLine? There better be.

We will take him

Is there an opening?

Gophers lack upperclassmen depth, competition is a good thing. We should be hopeful his old coach would help him land here. Welcome Mr Feder if you choose the Gophers.

He's no Kevin Ferderline, but he'll do nonetheless. Sign me up.

He was rated as a .87 on 247 sports. Offers from quite a few p5 teams. Warriner recruited him so he might try to find a comfortable face to start somewhere new. He has opportunity here. The best part is he only has two years left so we have another body to protect our young guys who need to redshirt.

An upperclassmen OL to help let the young guys redshirt would be nice or at the very least to add depth since it seems to be a never ending carousel with injuries. Take all the help in the trenches we can get then build up from there. Your skill players are useless if you don't have an OL.

Someone will be leaving. Perhaps a couple someones.

Yeah, I'm not sure why but I feel like a name or two will be departing in the next month. Obviously Fleck is having running dialogue with players but I have believe he knows of a couple of players who are planning on ending their run as Gophers for one reason or another. Who knows, maybe it's PJ informing them that their run as Gophers is ending and they're just now finding out about it.

Either way, depth is a foreign concept for our OL so I'll take it where I can get it.....especially if it means we keep redshirts on Dunlap and Faalele.

I get why you want to RS a kid, but if Dunlap and Faalele are as good as we hope they will be in the two deeps this year. Plus they could be leaving for the NFL after three years. If the OL holds up health wise and they are not needed to make the team better now, then by all means RS them

I get why you want to RS a kid, but if Dunlap and Faalele are as good as we hope they will be in the two deeps this year. Plus they could be leaving for the NFL after three years. If the OL holds up health wise and they are not needed to make the team better now, then by all means RS them

I agree with what you're saying but I just want to add in my 2 cents.

(1) If they happen to RS, that does not mean that they aren't as good as we hope they'll be. Playing OL in the Big 10 is a "man's game" and there are a ton of great college/NFL lineman that weren't entirely ready to make that step at 18/19.

(2) As high as my expectations are for both of these players, I kind of think of both of them as having unlimited potential but could use a year of refinement. PJ talked about wanting Dunlap to lose a little weight and Faalele is new to football. I know some times when people on Gopherhole talk about slight changes recruits need to make before being quality Big 10 football players it is seen as a slight (remember when people had the audacity to say that a 240 lbs OL was going to need to hit the weight room and get bigger?), but I don't mean this a a slight to either of these guys. I am incredibly stoked about these two being on the team and I was way more impressed with the All Star game footage of Faalele than I thought I'd be.

Do you have any solid info or just going speculating? I am not saying you’re wrong because a lot can happen between now and the end of the school year. Just curious if you have inside information.

Do you have any solid info or just going speculating? I am not saying you’re wrong because a lot can happen between now and the end of the school year. Just curious if you have inside information.
Luckily for us I think PJ wants to win bad enough that he is not afraid to run guys off the team if need be.

I have nothing, but it always happens. We just don't know who, but after SP some will get a clue this isn't going to be what they want out of college football. Just hope it isn't injury related.

Luckily for us I think PJ wants to win bad enough that he is not afraid to run guys off the team if need be.

To me PJ is pretty loyal so doubt if he'll run someone off the team. If he does, I'd be very disappointed. That's not loyalty.

To me PJ is pretty loyal so doubt if he'll run someone off the team. If he does, I'd be very disappointed. That's not loyalty.

Just my opinion but I think he’d run someone off in a heartbeat. Thinking most D1 coaches would.

He wouldn't run one of his guys off the team, but no doubt any player BPJ is in jeopardy.

For the record, I have no issue if he makes situations clear to players and if they choose to leave, they leave. Running kids off, however, is not Elite - although the way PJ uses the term, it is clear he has a different definition of the term than the one you'll find in a dictionary.

Just my opinion but I think he’d run someone off in a heartbeat. Thinking most D1 coaches would.

I don't think its running someone off. More of there are still a lot of guys on the team he didn't recruit and may not fit that well. They may have stuck it out a year to see what it was like and now may be deciding PJ isn't for them for whatever reason. I could see a few mutual splits still opening up scholarships.

So now we have someone who has left. My question is.... Does the 25 max per year apply to graduate transfers? Or just the max 85?

So now we have someone who has left. My question is.... Does the 25 max per year apply to graduate transfers? Or just the max 85?

It's a good question. There was something with VV that let him not count, IIRC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree with what you're saying but I just want to add in my 2 cents.

(1) If they happen to RS, that does not mean that they aren't as good as we hope they'll be. Playing OL in the Big 10 is a "man's game" and there are a ton of great college/NFL lineman that weren't entirely ready to make that step at 18/19.

(2) As high as my expectations are for both of these players, I kind of think of both of them as having unlimited potential but could use a year of refinement. PJ talked about wanting Dunlap to lose a little weight and Faalele is new to football. I know some times when people on Gopherhole talk about slight changes recruits need to make before being quality Big 10 football players it is seen as a slight (remember when people had the audacity to say that a 240 lbs OL was going to need to hit the weight room and get bigger?), but I don't mean this a a slight to either of these guys. I am incredibly stoked about these two being on the team and I was way more impressed with the All Star game footage of Faalele than I thought I'd be.

True on both points. OL becomes an increasingly technique-driven set of positions the higher the level of competition. I think both Dunlap and Faalele have very bright futures, but it takes more than brute strength to succeed as an OL in the FCS. I'll let Warinner and Fleck make the call on whether or not they are ready, but there's no harm in red-shirting them.

As for Federer, great baseline game. Oh, it's Feder. Hey, more OL depth is always welcome on this squad.

Someone started another thread about Zo Craighton transferring. That would open up a slot (I believe).

Top Bottom