Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142

Thread: Deplorable

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    The GOP put the ACA on the table every time. When the Dems didn’t bite they did noting.....for 8 years. They slowed the recovery, they hurt the ACA. Their punishment? Naming Supreme Court Justices and control of everything. The public is stupid, the GOP understands this. Piss in their face and tell them it’s raining, do a little gerrymandering and bingo you win.

The Dems should have put DACA on the table and if the GOP said no, they should have done nothing. Shut the country’s down until mid-terms if need be. It would have happened on the GOP’s watch. If the GOP deported the Dreamers, it would be them taking the hit. They just made Trump look like what he has been claiming.....a deal maker. Sure the public would have torn parties new a-holes but President Please Like Me would have caved under the pressure. Now? The Dems look like week idiots they are and the GOP owns them yet again. If Clinton and Obama (successful Presidencies followed by GOP wins) didn’t teach the Dems, nothing will. Successfully governing is not enough. You have to have some dog in you.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I wouldn’t disagree that the Republicans did everything they could to stop the Obama agenda that conflicted with their conservative views.

But, specifically, what did Republicans do to “slow the recovery”? What Obama or Dem economic plans that would have had fairly immediate impacts on the economy and GDP did the Republicans block? Just curious.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    I wouldn’t disagree that the Republicans did everything they could to stop the Obama agenda that conflicted with their conservative views.

But, specifically, what did Republicans do to “slow the recovery”? What Obama or Dem economic plans that would have had fairly immediate impacts on the economy and GDP did the Republicans block? Just curious.
    “Part of this “everything” was the efforts of the new administration to end the Great Recession and restore the economy back to full health. From the start, the GOP sought to block measures that a wide swath of economists agreed would provide help to boost the economy and bring down unemployment. This obstructionism has been a constant theme throughout the past four years, and it continues today.

Congressional Republicans have made it clear that they intend to use every bit of leverage they can to force cuts to domestic spending in the coming year. This leverage includes threats to not raise the statutory debt ceiling and/or force a federal government shutdown after March 27, when the standing appropriations continuing resolution (CR) expires. This, of course, would represent the long-promised repeat of the spring and summer of 2011, when congressional Republicans secured over $500 billion in domestic spending cuts in CR fights and another $2.1 trillion in spending cuts in exchange for incrementally raising the debt ceiling by an equivalent amount—better known as the Budget Control Act (BCA) of 2011.

The BCA cuts have already done damage, and will all-but-surely slow growth in the rest of 2013 as well. The various components of the BCA accounted for about one-third of the total fiscal drag exerted by the major components of the “fiscal cliff” that was facing Congress ahead of the lame duck budget deal. And the components of the BCA account for 48 percent of the remaining fiscal drag unaddressed by the deal—a drag that is poised to shave 1.0 percentage point from real GDP growth in 2013. House Republicans have voted to replace the Defense cuts contained within the sequester—again rapidly approaching, following its postponement to March—in it with deeper domestic spending cuts, leaving a drag of 0.8 percentage points from the BCA for 2013, all while threatening to use the debt ceiling and CR as leverage to get their way.

If this ideologically driven objective of deeply cutting spending is met, this will represent just one more way that the GOP Congress has managed to delay full recovery from the Great Recession. The evidence continues to pile up that that these spending cuts, forced on a still-depressed economy, can easily throw the nation back into an outright recession and prolong the nation’s economic misery.”
    http://www.epi.org/blog/congressiona...omic-recovery/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Part of this “everything” was the efforts of the new administration to end the Great Recession and restore the economy back to full health. From the start, the GOP sought to block measures that a wide swath of economists agreed would provide help to boost the economy and bring down unemployment. This obstructionism has been a constant theme throughout the past four years, and it continues today.

Congressional Republicans have made it clear that they intend to use every bit of leverage they can to force cuts to domestic spending in the coming year. This leverage includes threats to not raise the statutory debt ceiling and/or force a federal government shutdown after March 27, when the standing appropriations continuing resolution (CR) expires. This, of course, would represent the long-promised repeat of the spring and summer of 2011, when congressional Republicans secured over $500 billion in domestic spending cuts in CR fights and another $2.1 trillion in spending cuts in exchange for incrementally raising the debt ceiling by an equivalent amount—better known as the Budget Control Act (BCA) of 2011.

The BCA cuts have already done damage, and will all-but-surely slow growth in the rest of 2013 as well. The various components of the BCA accounted for about one-third of the total fiscal drag exerted by the major components of the “fiscal cliff” that was facing Congress ahead of the lame duck budget deal. And the components of the BCA account for 48 percent of the remaining fiscal drag unaddressed by the deal—a drag that is poised to shave 1.0 percentage point from real GDP growth in 2013. House Republicans have voted to replace the Defense cuts contained within the sequester—again rapidly approaching, following its postponement to March—in it with deeper domestic spending cuts, leaving a drag of 0.8 percentage points from the BCA for 2013, all while threatening to use the debt ceiling and CR as leverage to get their way.

If this ideologically driven objective of deeply cutting spending is met, this will represent just one more way that the GOP Congress has managed to delay full recovery from the Great Recession. The evidence continues to pile up that that these spending cuts, forced on a still-depressed economy, can easily throw the nation back into an outright recession and prolong the nation’s economic misery.”

Ok. We see you have nothing. Sorry sporty, bad troll attempt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Kingdom Warriors

4. Default

Thanks for putting it in your own words.

You’re using a 2013 prospective article that suggests that the Republicans obstructed even more massive spending deficits than Obama had wanted, but was voted for by Democrats and Republicans and signed by Obama in the Budget Control Act of 2011 in exchange for increasing the Debt ceiling. And that these authors, who are clearly not concerned with near term deficits, predicted would result in another recession and an employment dip unless increased spending wasn’t obstructed by the Republicans; even though these predictions didn’t come true.

Obama campaigned against Bush’s increasing of the Debt
    Obama proceeded to increase the Debt by almost $10 trillion while in office, and he wanted more?

And this is you’re proof that Republicans slowed the Obama economic recovery?

Or maybe I’m misreading this and your argument. Maybe you could explain in your own words?
    Last edited by KillerGopherFan; Yesterday at 07:48 PM.

I appreciate the GOP’s ruthlessness and wish my team could do the same. The DEM’s looked liked the kid who drew a line on the ground and said I dare you to cross it. The GOP crossed the line and bi+ch slapped us.

A “red line” if you will, which wasn’t enforced. I agree.

6. Default

Thanks for putting it in your own words.

You’re using a 2013 prospective article that suggests that the Republicans obstructed even more massive spending deficits than Obama had wanted, but was voted for by Democrats and Republicans and signed by Obama in the Budget Control Act of 2011 in exchange for increasing the Debt ceiling. And that these authors, who are clearly not concerned with near term deficits, predicted would result in another recession and an employment dip unless increased spending wasn’t obstructed by the Republicans; even though these predictions didn’t come true.

Obama campaigned against Bush’s increasing of the Debt
    Obama proceeded to increase the Debt by almost $10 trillion while in office, and he wanted more?

And this is you’re proof that Republicans slowed the Obama economic recovery?

Or maybe I’m misreading this and your argument. Maybe you could explain in your own words?
    Nahhh, that would be a waste of energy.

7. Default

Nahhh, that would be a waste of energy.
    Or you might learn something.

8. Default

Or you might learn something.
    Arrogant to the end huh young fella?

9. Default

Arrogant to the end huh young fella?
    Well, you assume that’s arrogant. I consider it good advice.

I read through the reading material that you provided, and I’d say I learned something. Not what you thought I’d learn, but something.

You’ve indicated that it’s a “waste of energy”. I guess you weren’t all that committed to your claim to be willing to take the time to consider what was written. Just post an article and as a response to my question, and hope that nobody challenges your thoughts after.

Do what you want dude. You have your way, and I have mine. But it’s weak imo.