Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Gdizzle View Post
    I can't be bothered to be upset about this. He should be better, but he's just not. It's not like he's actually doing anything that matters anyway, just playing with the toys in the sandbox.
    If you think he is just playing around and doing nothing- please keep thinking that! Another 7 years of this and this country might actually be returned to sanity! Thanks to the Trumpster.

It might be that we have control of our borders, a revived manufacturing economy, a stronger military, higher black and minority employment, less entitlement and lower deficits. Trump's first year has been one of the most productive in history, despite a Democrat party attempt at a coup and obstruction. We might even say bye bye to the sick (and dangerous) PC culture we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Only when convenient.
    Rest assured, he's better liked in every way than the current office holder.

Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    Trump will be great for black employment. The biggest problem I see out there right now is that 50% + of black youth are unemployed. That's where I and probably you, learned our skills that we use today.
    I think he helps that issue in three ways:

1. A booming economy
    2. Close the doors on illegals- will be great for youth employment as well as second jobs for breadwinners
    3. Vouchers and charter schools

Trump is not a racist. He is a realist.

Obama was a racial divider and did it every chance he could get. What a shame for a president who was in position to do just the opposite and he started out with about 80% approval. He had a mandate to unite and he blew it every chance he got.

As to profiling- it's all about statistics. If blacks want to not be profiled- stop doing a way larger percentage of the crimes than is their share of the population.

Blacks are indeed still behind whites in income level by 10 to 20% at every level of comparable education and that's too bad. It will fix itself over time as we talk about people in terms of being people and not by color. The gap has shrunk dramatically. Businesses want to hire the best people regardless of color so this will change.
    Trump started the Birther Movement. That trumps anything he is doing now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    "The significant problems we face can not be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." - Albert Einstein

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    I agree, we should evaluate immigrants on their individual characteristics and what they potentially bring to the US, including their ability to assimilate into US culture.

GDP is an indicator of the advancement of a country, and therefore its citizens. Only a consideration, but not as important as the individualís profile.

And specifically, what countries have a higher literacy rate that Trump was referring to?
    Perhaps most surprising is that, by many measures, the most-educated immigrant group in the U.S. isn't East Asians. Itís Africans.

According to Census data, more than 43 percent of African immigrants hold a bachelorís degree or higher -- slightly more than immigrants from East Asia. Nigerian immigrants are especially educated, with almost two-thirds holding college degrees -- a significantly higher percentage even than Chinese or South Korean immigrants. African immigrants are also very likely to hold advanced degrees, many of which are earned at U.S. universities. By many measures, African immigrants are as far ahead of American whites in the educational achievement as whites are ahead of African-Americans.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...el-in-the-u-s-

5. Default

Trump will be great for black employment. The biggest problem I see out there right now is that 50% + of black youth are unemployed. That's where I and probably you, learned our skills that we use today.
    I think he helps that issue in three ways:

1. A booming economy
    2. Close the doors on illegals- will be great for youth employment as well as second jobs for breadwinners
    3. Vouchers and charter schools

Trump is not a racist. He is a realist.

Obama was a racial divider and did it every chance he could get. What a shame for a president who was in position to do just the opposite and he started out with about 80% approval. He had a mandate to unite and he blew it every chance he got.

As to profiling- it's all about statistics. If blacks want to not be profiled- stop doing a way larger percentage of the crimes than is their share of the population.

Blacks are indeed still behind whites in income level by 10 to 20% at every level of comparable education and that's too bad. It will fix itself over time as we talk about people in terms of being people and not by color. The gap has shrunk dramatically. Businesses want to hire the best people regardless of color so this will change.
    Trump not racist? I canít hear anything you say after that. From that point on I question every position you take. Trump is a racist; either you are a racist liar or stupid if you canít get there. And the fact that Obama bothers you but Trump doesnít speaks volumes for me about you. Obama was bad for race relations but Trump isnít? Youíre on some serious $hit to arrive at that conclusion.

My man Howie saids Iím harsh for taking that position. Personally I think non racist liberals and conservatives are just as much to blame. They let these people off the hook; allowing them to manufacture justifications for voting for Trump. Cool, maybe they didnít get it 12 months ago. Now? They donít want to see it.

Not talking about race wonít fix race relations. Thatís stupid. You believe there are no race issues. You believe the plight of people of color is solely their own making. You donít believe in institutional racism. You donít believe white people benefit and benefited from being white. Thatís illogical. You want to stop talking about the injustices of the past as if they have no outcome on today; also illogical. Iím all for talking about the past, Iím against any new legislative attempts today to correct the past. Why? Because I think it would do more harm than good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Default Deplorable

Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    What's wrong with profiling?
    If youíre the one doing the profiling Iím cool with it. You live with and around black people. You know the difference between brothers arguing on the corner about Ricky Rubio versus a REAL argument. I donít want some dude from Hibbing Mn (generalizing to make a point) profiling me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sportsfan24; 01-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.

7. Default Deplorable

Duplicate
    Last edited by Sportsfan24; 01-12-2018 at 05:47 PM.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Rest assured, he's better liked in every way than the current office holder.
    You won’t get disagreement from me on this. I am a Reagan Republican. Reagan is a significant reason for how I arrived at being a Republican and a Conservative.

I have a brother that is every bit as much as a Trump supporter as diehard and bga1. He argued that Trump was like Reagan, and I scoffed. Trump is like Trump, and unlike any other. I argued vehemently that my GOP candidate could win the General election and was better suited to holding office for personality/behavioral reasons alone. I didn’t even think that Trump was a conservative.

I, like many others, was wrong about Trump’s electability, but he ran against THE worst presidential candidate in history. My hope was that he would surround himself with conservatives and listen to conservative Congressional leaders, and I think he has done that after ridding himself of Bannon, Gorka, etc. But, he still has the Trump personality and behavior, and as much as I think it hurts his own cause, we’ll just have to make the best of it. It’s still way better than having Obama or Hillary in office.

I would also suggest, as I have before, that Trump was a reaction to the Liberal, PC, Constitution violating Obama presidency. I know you disagree, but I don’t see many moderate Democrats besides Joe Manchin and maybe a few others. You’re best bet would’ve been to have Democrats cross over and vote for Kasich. He’s practically a Democrat anyway.

Oh the wacky world of white trash.
    The perfect stocking stuffer for any Badger fan is a gift card from Hazelden.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    You won’t get disagreement from me on this. I am a Reagan Republican. Reagan is a significant reason for how I arrived at being a Republican and a Conservative.

I have a brother that is every bit as much as a Trump supporter as diehard and bga1. He argued that Trump was like Reagan, and I scoffed. Trump is like Trump, and unlike any other. I argued vehemently that my GOP candidate could win the General election and was better suited to holding office for personality/behavioral reasons alone. I didn’t even think that Trump was a conservative.

I, like many others, was wrong about Trump’s electability, but he ran against THE worst presidential candidate in history. My hope was that he would surround himself with conservatives and listen to conservative Congressional leaders, and I think he has done that after ridding himself of Bannon, Gorka, etc. But, he still has the Trump personality and behavior, and as much as I think it hurts his own cause, we’ll just have to make the best of it. It’s still way better than having Obama or Hillary in office.

I would also suggest, as I have before, that Trump was a reaction to the Liberal, PC, Constitution violating Obama presidency. I know you disagree, but I don’t see many moderate Democrats besides Joe Manchin and maybe a few others. You’re best bet would’ve been to have Democrats cross over and vote for Kasich. He’s practically a Democrat anyway.
    Kasich is to the right of Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by maroonfive View Post
    Oh the wacky world of white trash.
    Are you saying that a substantial faction of Trump's coalition is bored, amoral, nihilistic rednecks who just want to fnck sh!t up?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Gopher View Post
    Are you saying that a substantial faction of Trump's coalition is bored, amoral, nihilistic rednecks who just want to fnck sh!t up?
    Welp...I guess you can no longer complain about Trump after that statement or you would certainly be a massive hypocrite...and we wouldn't want that...

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Youíre arguing something that I havenít objected to. I have no doubt that there are plenty of African immigrant prospects that I would love to have working and living in this country. I met a Nigerian business executive socially at Xmas party in December. We had a great conversation as I quizzed him about his weekly commute from Nigeria to Chicago every week. He was married to a US citizen business executive that lives and works in the US. This man is perfectly happy to live and work in Nigeria. Heís not the one trying to escape hardship and poverty.

Trump is not talking about race. Heís talking about education, poverty, work skills, etc. But, since you canít get that out of your thought process, it consumes your belief and logic about Trump and who and what he is talking about.

Welp...I guess you can no longer complain about Trump after that statement or you would certainly be a massive hypocrite...and we wouldn't want that...
    Explain - that's a little ambiguous.