Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
Results 436 to 445 of 445

Thread: Deplorable

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    These are lazy arguments. If youíve got nothing else, then weíre done.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Adjectives of a man in a box. Trump is a confirmed racist and you support him. People all over the globe have the belief that Trump is a racist yet you want to pretend like its unreasonable for me to believe that he is. Trump has a confirmed history of racially related issues yet you donít know whatís in his heart? Lame S2, Lame.

    Obama? Yeah you know whatís in that uppity dudes heart. He makes a speech that literally had nothing arrogant in it, yet you know what he meant and it was uppity.

    Lazy argument is a euphemism for ďyou donít like where this is going.Ē


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Unchallenged? My views are attacked daily on this board and I defend them all the time.

    I believe the system of government I support is the most moral, most compassionate, and most common sense. It is pro family. It is pro immigrant. It is pro minority. It is pro women. And that is because it is pro individual. I can and have spent time explaining and defending to you many times.

    Trump doesnít share many or any of my beliefs. However, in several areas he is moving the US in the right direction in my opinion.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trump is moving the country in the right direction? Less African or Brown immigrants and more Norwegians? This is where you tell me what he ďreallyĒ meant.

    The system of government you support would have left millions enslaved for a lifetime never knowing freedom.

    Now I will acknowledge if you are against abortion, freedom to practice your religion in your business or free to have a religious political agenda from the pulpit Trump is your man. While I disagree, I donít find anything immoral about that.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  3. #438

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    Thatís a complicated question. The pendulum swings back harder. Dems will be more aggressive next time they hold power. Damage to the conservative movement, which is now tarred as immoral, white nationalist, etc.
    Hard to tell really, but weíve never seen such a controversial political figure. Lots of ways that could backfire.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After all of the years that you have been complaining about standard politicians from both sides and finally, someone steps up who is brave enough to face down the system and the swamp. And you still complain. Now you don't like the form it came in. Facing this corrupt mess was going to take a fearless bull of a man who acts unconventionally. Trump. The biggest problem we have had is that we have not been able to talk about our problems, because we have a dishonest and biased media and being honest makes one racist, sexist, bigoted, etc. Trump has blown through that PC smog.

  4. #439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Adjectives of a man in a box. Trump is a confirmed racist and you support him. People all over the globe have the belief that Trump is a racist yet you want to pretend like its unreasonable for me to believe that he is. Trump has a confirmed history of racially related issues yet you donít know whatís in his heart? Lame S2, Lame.

    Obama? Yeah you know whatís in that uppity dudes heart. He makes a speech that literally had nothing arrogant in it, yet you know what he meant and it was uppity.

    Lazy argument is a euphemism for ďyou donít like where this is going.Ē


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I support Trump when he does things I approve. I donít care a bit what people in other countries think of him.
    You can think heís racist all you like. I donít think itís unreasonable, I just donít agree.

    I donít know whatís in Obamaís heart either. It doesnít matter. I oppose what he did. Only one of us is upset about the opinions of the other.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Trump is moving the country in the right direction? Less African or Brown immigrants and more Norwegians? This is where you tell me what he ďreallyĒ meant.

    The system of government you support would have left millions enslaved for a lifetime never knowing freedom.

    Now I will acknowledge if you are against abortion, freedom to practice your religion in your business or free to have a religious political agenda from the pulpit Trump is your man. While I disagree, I donít find anything immoral about that.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I clearly called out trump for that comment and a lot of progs including Jammer agreed with me. Iíd rather we had a much smaller government, no welfare state, and Iíd be fine with open borders.
    We can have this slavery argument again and again. I donít agree with how you frame the issue.
    My issue is simple. I want a smaller government. I want less regulation, and less spending. I want a smaller federal government and more state power. Trump has moved us in that direction, and to that extent I support him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    After all of the years that you have been complaining about standard politicians from both sides and finally, someone steps up who is brave enough to face down the system and the swamp. And you still complain. Now you don't like the form it came in. Facing this corrupt mess was going to take a fearless bull of a man who acts unconventionally. Trump. The biggest problem we have had is that we have not been able to talk about our problems, because we have a dishonest and biased media and being honest makes one racist, sexist, bigoted, etc. Trump has blown through that PC smog.
    Iím not complaining about standing up to the swamp. Iím complaining that heís alienating huge swaths of the country, and isnít articulate about what heís doing and why. It doesnít appear to me to be a lasting movement. Itís not a principled movement. Itís a sound byte movement and a cult of personality.
    That said, heís had some success, and I admit there might be something Iím missing in the big picture. Iím happy youíre so certain. Iím not.
    Itís fun to be in the position of facing attacks for complaining about trump, and also being told heís my guy and Iím a racist for supporting him


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    I clearly called out trump for that comment and a lot of progs including Jammer agreed with me. Iíd rather we had a much smaller government, no welfare state, and Iíd be fine with open borders.
    We can have this slavery argument again and again. I donít agree with how you frame the issue.
    My issue is simple. I want a smaller government. I want less regulation, and less spending. I want a smaller federal government and more state power. Trump has moved us in that direction, and to that extent I support him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your last paragraph:
    I have no major issue with that and I agree that the GOP/Trump is closer to giving you that than the DEMs.

    My issue with you is you not acknowledging what is painfully evident about Trump. You canít get to him being a racist? Questionable but cool. However, donít pretend like you canít see why others might reach that conclusion.

    Question, so that I can better understand your logic. What is something that a ďpersonĒ could do or say that you would reach a conclusion of said person being a racist?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportsfan24 View Post
    Your last paragraph:
    I have no major issue with that and I agree that the GOP/Trump is closer to giving you that than the DEMs.

    My issue with you is you not acknowledging what is painfully evident about Trump. You can’t get to him being a racist? Questionable but cool. However, don’t pretend like you can’t see why others might reach that conclusion.

    Question, so that I can better understand your logic. What is something that a “person” could do or say that you would reach a conclusion of said person being a racist?

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    You can think he’s racist all you like. I don’t think it’s unreasonable.
    To your final question: racism is distinct from bigotry or prejudice. It means that you think some races are genetically better than others. There are certainly a lot of people who think blacks are predisposed to crime, or dumb, or lacking the ability to play quarterback What could they do or say? They might say that black people can't compete in the economy without special help .

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section2 View Post
    They might say that black people can't compete in the economy without special help .
    Like Joe Biden when he acted surprised about Obama being “articulate and bright and clean”?

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KillerGopherFan View Post
    Like Joe Biden when he acted surprised about Obama being “articulate and bright and clean”?
    It's hard to attack motives. It's better to just give people the benefit of the doubt and assess results. From that view, the Democrat party has caused great harm to black people in the US. For hundreds of years.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •