Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by GFBfan View Post
    Why not add a rule that if the D commits a penalty in the last minute, then 10 seconds are added, just like when the Off does 10 seconds are run off.
    I personally don't like the 10 second run off rule. But if it stays, this is a good counterpart to even things out.

2. Default

The subjective nature for game-changing offensive holding and defensive pass interference calls hurts the game in my opinion. They are called way too inconsistently and (it seems like) often tilted towards home teams or "helmet school" teams. I would love to see coaches have the ability to challenge these penalties. I know it wouldn't help the lower college football divisions with no TV cameras, but I think it would add credibility to FBS games.

Quote Originally Posted by Panthadad2 View Post
    The subjective nature for game-changing offensive holding and defensive pass interference calls hurts the game in my opinion. They are called way too inconsistently and (it seems like) often tilted towards home teams or "helmet school" teams. I would love to see coaches have the ability to challenge these penalties. I know it wouldn't help the lower college football divisions with no TV cameras, but I think it would add credibility to FBS games.
    Often by the letter of the rule, they are holding. The question is whether it's egregious or has an affect on the play. That would be tough to rule with replay.

I think a better solution is that you can't grab an opponent. They didn't teach using your hands 25 years ago. That has been an evolution of the game. I wish I could have used today's technique 25 years ago.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by GFBfan View Post
    Why not add a rule that if the D commits a penalty in the last minute, then 10 seconds are added, just like when the Off does 10 seconds are run off.
    Let's say the other team is in position to take the lead and score either with a field goal or TD.

The clock has 10 seconds left.

I'm on defense .... I want more time on the clock for my shot later. Couldn't I just commit a bunch of penalties if I assume the other team is likely to score?

Quote Originally Posted by A_Slab_of_Bacon View Post
    Let's say the other team is in position to take the lead and score either with a field goal or TD.

The clock has 10 seconds left.

I'm on defense .... I want more time on the clock for my shot later. Couldn't I just commit a bunch of penalties if I assume the other team is likely to score?
    There is that. Give the offense the option to add 10 or not. Should also be the option for defense to take the 10 off or not when O commits a penalty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk