Scholarships

Yes, Fitz was granted a 6th year of eligibility. My guess is either he or Stockman doesn't return, or Harris or Washington transfers.

This is new, cutting Stockman before he even puts the jersey on.

Has that EVER happened? A player sits out a year and immediately transfers?

Lofton you could argue, but he got kicked off the team.

This is new, cutting Stockman before he even puts the jersey on.

Has that EVER happened? A player sits out a year and immediately transfers?

Lofton you could argue, but he got kicked off the team.

No, just thinking perhaps he'll head back to Norway and start cashing a professional paycheck somewhere. Wouldn't be the first time a marginal D1 foreign player did that.

No, just thinking perhaps he'll head back to Norway and start cashing a professional paycheck somewhere. Wouldn't be the first time a marginal D1 foreign player did that.

Transferred, sat out a year and moved home?

I understand your point, I just think if Stockman were to leave, he'd had left.

Yes, Fitz was granted a 6th year of eligibility. My guess is either he or Stockman doesn't return, or Harris or Washington transfers.

If I was a betting man I wouldn't put money on Washington or Stockman transferring out. We would have zero pg without Washington next year and he likely knows it. I also doubt Stockman came her to sut a year and leave. Odds are never zero of either happening but gotta be dang low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nobody is hiring Pitino. What has he honestly done to show that he is atop someone's list of candidates? Don't get me wrong I like the guy and want him as our coach but he overachieved last year in one good season. We were then "upset" in round 1 anyway. We've had multiple suspensions on his watch, terrible conference records, and years where we have not met expectations (at least in my opinion).

These aren't things that should lead to him being fire
d, but they certainly don't help his cause for being hired somewhere else unless he takes a big step backwards.

What type of things would lead to him being fired then?

Pitino is our coach. He is young and has a bright future. He just needs one 5 star recruit to change his program like Dawkins did for Mike. Hurt is coming in 2 years. He loves the Gophers. Only bad influences around him will change that. His heart is Gold. I just hope he decides soon so we can get some others to join him.

Our winters are a hell of a lot colder than Oslo dude. Their lows in January are like 20 degrees F. Ours are like -13 F lol

You are off by 20 degrees on your Minneapolis temperature. The National Weather Service reports that the normal low temperature for the 10th of January in Minneapolis is +7 degrees Fahrenheit. That would be approximately -13 on the Centigrade scale.

You, my fine fellow Gophers fan, are a menace to recruiting.:)

Posts about Norway vs Minnesota weather are now greater than the # of B1G wins we will have the rest of the season. :cry:

What type of things would lead to him being fired then?

Well, #1 would be a significantly lower buyout, like Claeys. My guess is that Claeys would still be here if his buyout would have been $4 million.

Do you think Pitino has a Grad Transfer / JC transfer waiting until season is done to announce his departure? Who?

If 2018-19 is going to be a good season, they will need a starting PG...and with luck, somebody other than Murphy/Coffey/McB/Curry will transfer and allow for another frontline player.

Pitino is our coach. He is young and has a bright future. He just needs one 5 star recruit to change his program like Dawkins did for Mike. Hurt is coming in 2 years. He loves the Gophers. Only bad influences around him will change that. His heart is Gold. I just hope he decides soon so we can get some others to join him.

You can say the 5-star about any coach. They are tough to come by.

I am as big of a Pitino fan as any, but the way he constructs the roster/scholarship structure is probably going to be his downfall.

You can say the 5-star about any coach. They are tough to come by.

I am as big of a Pitino fan as any, but the way he constructs the roster/scholarship structure is probably going to be his downfall.

You can say the dead weight thing about any coach. Almost every team’s 9th-12th men are dead scholarships.

So what about Crandall?

Is it wishful thinking on the part of a few GH-ers that he comes home to MN as a grad transfer or is there any reliable info to that actually happening?

So what about Crandall?

Is it wishful thinking on the part of a few GH-ers that he comes home to MN as a grad transfer or is there any reliable info to that actually happening?

For me it's more wishful thinking, but it doesn't seem all that far-fetched, especially with Crandall having tasted the NCAA Tournament before, the Fighting Sioux stinking it up this year, and with the Gophers needing another PG. I don't think Jelly would be amused, however, because it likely would mean another year coming off the bench. I'd take Crandall in a heartbeat if there are no off-court issues in his past.

For me it's more wishful thinking, but it doesn't seem all that far-fetched, especially with Crandall having tasted the NCAA Tournament before, the Fighting Sioux stinking it up this year, and with the Gophers needing another PG. I don't think Jelly would be amused, however, because it likely would mean another year coming off the bench. I'd take Crandall in a heartbeat if there are no off-court issues in his past.

Last 11 games Crandall is averaging 10 points and 2.5 assists per game and is turning the ball over at a very high rate. I used to watch a lot of UND ball but haven't now that Shanks has transferred again. I'm not sure how 10 ppg and 2.5 apg translates to Big 10 basketball... My guess is not favorably.

Possible he is the only guy that needs guarded against so thats what the other teams are doing....

Top Bottom