***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Which player do you want taken off the team then. Because if he would have signed another center sometime in the past few years that player would have taken the spot if someone we currently have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BK, Gas, Fitz, maybe Hurt, maybe Stockman

I just don't understand the logic of saying it's Tubby's fault we don't have a solid center on this team after Lynch -- anyone who was recruited by Tubby would already be gone because they wouldn't have any eligibility remaining.

And I've said this before, but to be clear, I'm not coming at this from a "Fire Pitino" angle. I don't think we should fire him. But it is RP's fault and his fault alone that we don't have better depth at center. He chose to give BK and Gas scholarships. He knew they were projects. He could have gone after a different center with one of those scholarships, or just held onto the scholarship in year 1 and saved it so he could go hard after a center the next recruiting cycle. But he chose not to. Tubby had absolutely nothing to do with that.

Any big man that Tubby recruited would be graduated by now unless he redshirted. Again, I would get that argument year 2 or 3, but it doesn't make sense in year 5.

I don't know what exactly the question there means, but I'm sure you could find plenty of quality centers who signed with other teams over the last 4 recruiting classes on the Rivals web site. Or did no teams get quality players over 6'9" in the last four years? They are Pitino's scholarships to give out, it's on him for not using them on quality players. And I don't understand the "bridge the gap" part either. Bridging the gap makes sense in the first couple years. In year 5 you aren't bridging any gaps created by a previous coach, you are only bridging a gap that you have created yourself.

Recruiting and signing them both came in year 1, not year 5. Unfortunately mistakes in recruiting can hurt the roster for 4-5 years. It can take time to correct those mistakes. I think that's the point some are trying to make.

Recruiting and signing them both came in year 1, not year 5. Unfortunately mistakes in recruiting can hurt the roster for 4-5 years. It can take time to correct those mistakes. I think that's the point some are trying to make.

I'm fine with that. It was year 1. Pitino's first year as a major conference coach. He made a couple mistakes in recruiting. I can live with that. No one is perfect. But it is not Tubby's fault he made that mistake. Tubby certainly didn't leave him a perfect roster, but Tubby had absolutely zero influence over how RP chose to use those scholarships.

I'm fine with that. It was year 1. Pitino's first year as a major conference coach. He made a couple mistakes in recruiting. I can live with that. No one is perfect. But it is not Tubby's fault he made that mistake. Tubby certainly didn't leave him a perfect roster, but Tubby had absolutely zero influence over how RP chose to use those scholarships.

Every coach has recruiting misses and mature bigs are hard to find. More concerned with bad defense and the number of poor characters that have come through here.

Top Bottom