***OFFICIAL MINNESOTA AT NORTHWESTERN IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Developing IW is the only point to the rest of this season.

It's hard to defend Pitino watching this.

Watching the weather channel seems more exciting at this point. Going to take one hell of a second half to win this game. Pulling for a Gophers NIT run.

"We're going to win the Big Ten championship and we're going to take the Gopher Nation to Pasadena. That's my dream, that's my goal and that's my belief. It will happen here sooner rather than later." -- Tim Brewster

We look like a jv squad at best. This could be a LONG season...I hope not!

NW up by 24 and going with full court press

Both USD and SDSU would wipe the floor with this team.

I just watched my last half of Gopher hoops this year. Why not play Murph with two fouls? What's the difference? We're gonna be totally blown out by halftime. It's horrible basketball and horrible coaching.

Remember when we were ranked 14th earlier this year? That was fun. The good thing is I have things to do tonight so now I won't be distracted by this game.

Didn’t see a lot of fight or willingness to compete by the Gophers that half.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's about as ugly a half as you could watch at the D1 level. What a disappointment.

The buyout and the 2018 recruiting class are possibly the things that will keep Pitino here at this point. If Coyle can line up a signature hire, I would be happy for a change. Year 5 shouldn’t look like this.

NW out scores MN 30-11 over last 11 minutes

The buyout and the 2018 recruiting class are possibly the things that will keep Pitino here at this point. If Coyle can line up a signature hire, I would be happy for a change. Year 5 shouldn’t look like this.

Not sure who would come here that would be a signature hire, but even Tim Miles would be an upgrade over what I just saw.

If you were ever near being on the fence about the depth of this team, this is your definitive answer....

IW a phenom? Watching him so far this year has me thinking NY basketball isn't all that good.

Well, that went poorly.

Hard to imagine these Gophers beating another league team on a neutral court right now. Best chance for more wins will be inspired efforts at the Barn.

This rivals 2015-2016 for awfulness.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
We are depleted to 2015-16 talent without a Joey King who could at least hit a few 3 point shots. We need those freshmen to grow up now.

Really? Are u kidding me? Unreal!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We are depleted to 2015-16 talent without a Joey King who could at least hit a few 3 point shots. We need those freshmen to grow up now.
With these senior big men who get outplayed like fat frat boys? Gooood luck.

What is the worst home loss ever at the Barn? I hope not, but that record might be tested on Saturday against Purdue if tonight is any indication how the rest of the year will go...

With these senior big men who get outplayed like fat frat boys? Gooood luck.

Why the h3ll are you even on the Gopherhole? You still pining for Dan Monson?

Michael Hurt made a basket!!! I understand when you lose 2 of you’re starters what the outcome will be. What frustrates me is the backups we have play at a high school or div 3 level. I blame Pitino for our garbage backups. Even with Lynch and Coffey we have zero depth. One person gets into foul trouble or sprains an ankle we are screwed. Ticking time bomb waiting to go off. Booooooom

Really? Are u kidding me? Unreal!!!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Currently 29-46 in the B1G. ~32-57 looks likely. 5 years in. Multiple off court incidents. Let's not act like it's not a possibility.

Why the h3ll are you even on the Gopherhole? You still pining for Dan Monson?
No, I'm pining for big men who know how to play the game. Something Pitino can't recruit.

4 short days ago i posted Pitino will be gone by the end of the season and Gopherhole deleted the thread and people flipped out. Based on tonight I’m not sure he’ll make it to the end of the season. This is worse than I thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know, that really shouldn't be the case. The senior Nate Mason should be better than the soph Nate Mason. The junior Dupree is much better than the freshman Dupree. Murphy has had a great year. Gaston and Bakary are in their fourth years and must be about 23 or 24 years old now. Fitzgerald is a fifth year senior. Washington should be better than he is. Granted, someone like King would help if we're just going to take jump shots.

Top Bottom