Defensive Tackle next near

What misbehavior exactly were the football players guilty of? Group sex?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were guilty of violating the University of Minnesota Code of Conduct. Hence the expulsions...

You'd think this would be understood by now. Damn!

What misbehavior exactly were the football players guilty of? Group sex?

This threads now over. Bring on train talk

This is a stretch at best. Somewhere around 1% of the student athletes at the U have been actually involved in these incidents but you feel it necessary to bring it up for Hickcox like its a prevailing trend for the majority of the athletes at the U? Come on man.

On another note, "targeted for misbehavior"? Is this serious too? There actually was misbehavior in the football incident. They weren't targeted, they were guilty. If not for the misbehavior of a few, none of the players get their name in the report.

It's still too early to say in the Lynch incident.

Hickcox could very well be a good player for the U but the issues mentioned here won't play a role in his future.

No, when the previous chair of the EOAA threatened Jerry Kill to clean up his program or else back in 2014 that was targeting the program and the behaviors of players. In the prevailing three and a half years, nothing has changed that perspective, particularly noted in the 2016 incident when the EOAA brought up for expulsion a player who was trying to stop the incident, Antoine Winfield Jr, and another who was not involved at all, Seth Green.

I am an alumni of the U. I know the political climate towards athletes. It has existed for over thirty years.

I also know how players are not fully in control of their health because they can be blindsided by a cheap hit from an opponent in a game or get their leg rolled up in the action at the line of scrimmage.

What bothers me most is how I can wish a young man on the football team, a young man in his late teens to early twenties out in the world where he may encounter situations that his view of the world have not fully prepared him for, how I can wish for him to be healthy, free from injury and disciplinary issues and have you infer that as knowing or believing the opposite.

Continually looking for deeper meaning or ulterior motives beyond what someone writes, or says, can make you crazy from overthinking. I had to learn the lessons of accepting things at face value, as they were expressed to me, so I could avoid knee-jerk paranoid responses. I hope others can learn the same, especially when wishing that an athlete stays healthy and out of trouble.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No, when the previous chair of the EOAA threatened Jerry Kill to clean up his program or else back in 2014 that was targeting the program and the behaviors of players. In the prevailing three and a half years, nothing has changed that perspective, particularly noted in the 2016 incident when the EOAA brought up for expulsion a player who was trying to stop the incident, Antoine Winfield Jr, and another who was not involved at all, Seth Green.

I am an alumni of the U. I know the political climate towards athletes. It has existed for over thirty years.

I also know how players are not fully in control of their health because they can be blindsided by a cheap hit from an opponent in a game or get their leg rolled up in the action at the line of scrimmage.

What bothers me most is how I can wish a young man on the football team, a young man in his late teens to early twenties out in the world where he may encounter situations that his view of the world have not fully prepared him for, how I can wish for him to be healthy, free from injury and disciplinary issues and have you infer that as knowing or believing the opposite.

Continually looking for deeper meaning or ulterior motives beyond what someone writes, or says, can make you crazy from overthinking. I had to learn the lessons of accepting things at face value, as they were expressed to me, so I could avoid knee-jerk paranoid responses. I hope others can learn the same, especially when wishing that an athlete stays healthy and out of trouble.

Ok. All I can say is the posts struck me as a odd which is why I questioned them.

I'm gonna drop this as you are probably right that I read into something incorrectly.

I also have high hopes for Mr. Hickcox as he arrived on campus with pretty good size.

Have a good one man.

Ok. All I can say is the posts struck me as a odd which is why I questioned them.

I'm gonna drop this as you are probably right that I read into something incorrectly.

I also have high hopes for Mr. Hickcox as he arrived on campus with pretty good size.

Have a good one man.
Thanks. You, too.

Row the Boat!
Ski-U-Mah!

They were guilty of violating the University of Minnesota Code of Conduct. Hence the expulsions...

You'd think this would be understood by now. Damn!

It is understood, and you are correct - they were. However, if you are going to use that steaming pile of an "investigation" as the basis of your argument, you can't in the same paragraph say they weren't targeted. That is exactly what they were.

Have a good one man.

I read it the same way as you.

According to

https://minnesota.rivals.com/news/scholarship-grid-1

Sr Moore (RS)
Jr Silver (RS), Smith (RS)
So Novak-Goar (RS) walk-on
Fr Robinson (RS), Hickcox (RS), Teague, Richter (discussed above, grayshirt)

OJ Smith will be a fifth year senior in 2018, not RS junior. When he transferred here, there was talk he would apply to the NCAA for a waiver for an extra year, but it sounded unlikely he'd get it, and I haven't seen any confirmation that he's gotten it. So as of now, I would assume he has 1 year left, not 2 as the Rivals scholarship grid apparently has him.

Top Bottom