Gophers star Reggie Lynch recommended for expulsion in third sexual assault allegatio

Johnnyboy18

Reaction score
A third sexual assault allegation emerged Tuesday against suspended University of Minnesota basketball standout Reggie Lynch, in a complaint that has resulted in a recommendation of expulsion.

The complaint, obtained by the Star Tribune on Tuesday, marks the third woman to come forward accusing Lynch of sexual misconduct. It resulted in a Jan. 3 finding by the U’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA) that Lynch was responsible for sexual misconduct in an alleged sexual assault that occurred on April 7, 2016. The EOAA’s finding against Lynch was issued the same day as a separate recommendation that he be suspended for sexual misconduct in an unrelated incident that occurred three weeks later.

http://startribune.com/gophers-star...in-third-sexual-assault-allegation/468501413/

Good lord. At least we can end this discussion now. Get help Reggie.

Wait im confused...so did both of these ruling come out from EOAA on the same day? Why was only the one made public? I would have to imagine that Coyle and Pitino knew he was being reccomended for expulsion, correct?

If you are having a problem keeping track of which rapey situation is which, it’s a sign

Reggie was really feelin it in the spring of 2016 but never any criminal charges. Hmm. He gone.

Fire Kaler first; he's the one who hired Coyle.

Pitino didn’t see any red flags. Not surprising, considering the family he came from.

Fire the general counsel of the University of Minnesota? Probably the people actually making the decision to make Lynch play/practice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fire Pitino, first. He was here when it happened. Coyle was still at Syracuse.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not going to fire Pitino but he will have to answer why and when Reggie was the only player with a curfew everyday. The folks pushing this want to find out what happened before Reggie got here and who knew what.

Not going to fire Pitino but he will have to answer why and when Reggie was the only player with a curfew everyday. The folks pushing this want to find out what happened before Reggie got here and who knew what.

Source on the curfew?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a bad feeling this could spiral into a "Fire Pitino" and/or Coyle moment. There was already plenty saying that with one report. Two reports looks bad. I know he has a right to tell his side, etc. but letting him play with 3 incidents like this looks bad.

I have a bad feeling this could spiral into a "Fire Pitino" and/or Coyle moment. There was already plenty saying that with one report. Two reports looks bad. I know he has a right to tell his side, etc. but letting him play with 3 incidents like this looks bad.
What is the buyout on Pitino's contract, or are we just hoping for termination with just cause?

Coyle is at fault for how this was handled. Pitino shouldn't be fired.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

I feel it's too early for me to make a decision on this matter.

I don't have all the facts needed to render a conclusion.

Coyle is at fault for how this was handled. Pitino shouldn't be fired.

That's so illogical. The person who came in after the incidents occured should be fired, yet the person who was here when it happened should be retained. Just like those who embrace guilty until proven innocent.

I don’t understand how someone can get kicked out of a public school for a non-criminal sexual act?

I don’t understand how a public school can have a policy regulating non-criminal sexual behavior.

All that being said, he probably shouldn’t have been a member of the basketball team after the second allegation against him.

That's so illogical. The person who came in after the incidents occured should be fired, yet the person who was here when it happened should be retained. Just like those who embrace guilty until proven innocent.

I don't think Coyle should be fired either.

I don’t understand how someone can get kicked out of a public school for a non-criminal sexual act?

I don’t understand how a public school can have a policy regulating non-criminal sexual behavior.

All that being said, he probably shouldn’t have been a member of the basketball team after the second allegation against him.

Code of conduct section 1: don't be rapey or lose your scholarship

Top Bottom