Shama: Sid Hartman, WCCO talking contract extension

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Word is WCCO Radio and legendary Sid Hartman, who turns 98 in March, have been talking contract extension. Hartman has been part of programming at the station since the 1950s.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Are you packing my chute? Giving that fossil a contract extension should be considered elder abuse.

The possibility of a Viking Super Bowl win has one unexpected benefit... Sid has a grabber when they win and is finally able to take the dirt nap he has earned.

Kudos to him for being able to work and enjoy doing what he is doing. I know he is ancient.

God bless sid. Yes, he's hard to listen to, but anyone that can still work at age 98 is amazing.
Met him at the spring game a couple years ago and asked I could take a picture of him with my kids. He went along with it. My kids were a little perplexed, but I explained it all later as to who this old guy was.

Drives me crazy, but he is much a part of the history of sports in Minnesota as anyone.

Poor short ornery norwegian

Should give him a day to day contract. If you are alive in the morning you get paid lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You could conceivably give him a 5 year contract and he would fulfill it. He is 98 and could die at any time but statistically he has a decent chance of making past 100 and then some. There are these points you reach in life that if you make it past them without serious illness (see cancer) you got 20 years until the next point. Statistically speaking that is.

One thing I wonder about - when Sid finally moves on, what happens to the Sports Huddle? Does 'CCO continue it with a different host? I listen to the Huddle - at least some of it - almost every week. But, if they put Mike Max in as the host, I will likely find something else to do on Sunday morning. I would rather have a cranky, deaf, forgetful 98 year old guy hosting the show instead of Max.

One thing I wonder about - when Sid finally moves on, what happens to the Sports Huddle? Does 'CCO continue it with a different host? I listen to the Huddle - at least some of it - almost every week. But, if they put Mike Max in as the host, I will likely find something else to do on Sunday morning. I would rather have a cranky, deaf, forgetful 98 year old guy hosting the show instead of Max.

I would have to agree with you. I don't enjoy him on WCCO so often times will watch something else instead of looking at him and hearing his cocky voice.

Mike Max is talentless and impossible to listen too. How he is employed as a sports personality is an embarrassment to the state of Minnesota. Carry on

Mike Max is talentless and impossible to listen too. How he is employed as a sports personality is an embarrassment to the state of Minnesota. Carry on

Describe his personna in 1 word? : Smarmy. Is that a word?

Top Bottom