Lynch has appealed suspension, but potentially long process may end his Gopher career

You might want to think what you want to say before posting in your campaign for truth, justice, and the American way. Don't think Reggie is off scholarship yet, so he is getting "paid." Just because you think the process is a kangaroo court, doesn't mean it is. You keep trying to make something this isn't--first, a conspiracy against athletes; then an attack on black athletes; now we're subjected to the innocent until guilty argument. Yes, playing athletics is a privilege and not a right and it's not a court of law. Giving you the benefit of a doubt and not thinking you're too stupid to see that. However, I do think you're stubborn enough to continue your agenda.
You're right. Three strikes against you. You're out. Let me know how you feel when you get laid off without pay.

For anyone who was at the Indiana game, true or false that Reggie was removed from the intro video. I had heard that he was but I wasn’t there. Will watch for that on Saturday though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I would be upset; but it is there right to do so. My position is “at will” employment, no guarantees. Lynch’s position on the team is at will, as well.
Would you promote the company and encourage others to work there when you were treated unjustly and given a Salem witch trial?

For anyone who was at the Indiana game, true or false that Reggie was removed from the intro video. I had heard that he was but I wasn’t there. Will watch for that on Saturday though.

True. I was specifically looking for him.

Would you promote the company and encourage others to work there when you were treated unjustly and given a Salem witch trial?

You're assuming hes innocent

I'm saying he's innocent until proven guilty. This is the United States, not Saudi Arabia.

It's not court of law. Too many accusations to ignore. Maybe you can, I cannot

He has right to appeal. He's not the victim

I want transparent adjudication. The only accusation we have is one person making a claim about an alleged incident from 2 years ago.
Would you think you were being treated justly and fairly when your job is taken away on such a charge?
The process being used by the EOAA is not clear and transparent.
No black man can feel comfortable going to the U when a two year old allegation can destroy their career and end their education. An allegation that our legal system won't touch with a 10 foot pole, I will add.

He has right to appeal. He's not the victim
When you lose your job without pay and are tried by your peers as a pervert, let us know how comforting it is that you can appeal an allegation that resulted in you losing your job.

At a public school, you are entitled to quite a few process rights

There is no doubt it my mind they can and should kick him off the team. I’m a little hazy on how they can expel you at a public school for having legal sexual contact.

Accusations are nothing.

It isn't ok to publicly ruin someone's life because of non-criminal accusations and findings determined by a flawed kangaroo court.

It is rather scary that so many of you are ok with saying, "well, this person's life is ruined because some people say he did something, and that's ok because school bureaucrats are allowed to slime you in a way that government prosecutors cannot."

Some of you need to get your heads examined.

Reggie is not getting a Salem witch trial. What makes you think he did nothing and is being treated unfairly?

He was not in the intro video.

And organizations have rules that are not laws.NBC fired Lauer, no proven crime.

Accusations are nothing.

It isn't ok to publicly ruin someone's life because of non-criminal accusations and findings determined by a flawed kangaroo court.

It is rather scary that so many of you are ok with saying, "well, this person's life is ruined because some people say he did something, and that's ok because school bureaucrats are allowed to slime you in a way that government prosecutors cannot."

Some of you need to get your heads examined.

The accusations I presume are criminal, however, aren't being charged criminally. I recognize that sexual misconduct is difficult to prove criminally. I won't assume the EOAA is a kangaroo court, but I'll grant it probably isn't perfect. It seems to me the EOAA is trying to gather enough information to substantiate that the claims are more than a baseless accusation. If they find it is more likely than not to have occurred, then they recommend how the student should be reprimanded, allowing the school to protect its community.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

I'm saying he's innocent until proven guilty. This is the United States, not Saudi Arabia.

THIS IS NOT A COURT OF LAW.

If you’re in your job and 3 of your coworkers claim sexual misconduct against you, you’re done. That’s America. We use common sense.

It’s more like Saudi Arabia to make a woman see the person who assaulted her on campus every day.

Reggie is not getting a Salem witch trial. What makes you think he did nothing and is being treated unfairly?
That's what the town of Salem said about the girls.
If there is something, bring it to court and charge him with a crime. Instead we have a Minnesota witch trial with no innocence before being proven guilty.
Reggie should get a legal and fair trial. If he is proven guilty, lock him up. But, the EOAA is a kangaroo court. No black man should feel safe going to UMN.

The accusations I presume are criminal, however, aren't being charged criminally. I recognize that sexual misconduct is difficult to prove criminally. I won't assume the EOAA is a kangaroo court, but I'll grant it probably isn't perfect. It seems to me the EOAA is trying to gather enough information to substantiate that the claims are more than a baseless accusation. If they find it is more likely than not to have occurred, then they recommend how the student should be reprimanded, allowing the school to protect its community.

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk

The problem here is that NONE of us and seemingly no one in Minnesota can openly explain the exact means and method of the EOAA court. Such a mysterious and nebulous procedure should warrant extreme skepticism that true justice is being accomplished.

What about when you break the code of conduct ? What about when you break team rules ? Your not answering. Organizations have rules that are not laws and still carry suspension, dismissal. All done without a trial. I am a black man and have several nephews in school at the U. They were taught to follow rules or expect consequences. There was not enough evidence to try Reggie with a crime but that does not mean that nothing happens if he did something wrong.

THIS IS NOT A COURT OF LAW.

If you’re in your job and 3 of your coworkers claim sexual misconduct against you, you’re done. That’s America. We use common sense.

It’s more like Saudi Arabia to make a woman see the person who assaulted her on campus every day.

These folks aren't co-workers. These are people coming out of a past that no one can research to determine objective truth. There is no DNA analysis that can be done, there is nothing but people making accusations.
3 of your co-workers gang up on you because they don't like you and they make allegations about something they say happened 2 years ago. You get fired. Try prove you are innocent. You can't. You've just had your career destroyed merely because you were accused.
There is an ancient story of a guy who was falsely accused of rape and spent years in jail. It was wrong then and it's still wrong today.
I am not saying Reggie Lynch is clean. I'm saying this is a Salem witch trial and we can never know under this system whether Lynch is innocent. Instead the village seems intent on burning at the stake. People on the GH already have their logs, gasoline and matches ready to go.

That's what the town of Salem said about the girls.
If there is something, bring it to court and charge him with a crime. Instead we have a Minnesota witch trial with no innocence before being proven guilty.
Reggie should get a legal and fair trial. If he is proven guilty, lock him up. But, the EOAA is a kangaroo court. No black man should feel safe going to UMN.

What is so hard for you people to understand? He is not being convicted of a crime, he broke the U’s code of conduct. Why would he have a “fair and legal” trial for breaking a school policy?

These kids are drilled on this stuff the minute they step on to campus, and people are paid to literally babysit these guys. They have a process and policy set up for these things and have followed it over and over again. That includes the appeal process. Once they sign those enrollment papers, they are locked into complying with a code of conduct.

You seem to think this type of thing doesn’t happen in the corporate world?? People sign these codes of conduct annually in large businesses and are routinely terminated for violating policy without a “legal” trial.

What is so hard for you people to understand? He is not being convicted of a crime, he broke the U’s code of conduct. Why would he have a “fair and legal” trial for breaking a school policy?

These kids are drilled on this stuff the minute they step on to campus, and people are paid to literally babysit these guys. They have a process and policy set up for these things and have followed it over and over again. That includes the appeal process. Once they sign those enrollment papers, they are locked into complying with a code of conduct.

You seem to think this type of thing doesn’t happen in the corporate world?? People sign these codes of conduct annually in large businesses and are routinely terminated for violating policy without a “legal” trial.
He allegedly broke a code of conduct. Anyone with any sense can see this is a witch trial.

He allegedly broke a code of conduct. Anyone with any sense can see this is a witch trial.

So because you cannot read the details of the report, it’s a witch hunt?

I thought you were concerned about the student’s reputation? You suggest they enforce the code of conduct in a public setting?

You should take a mulligan on this post - When a corporation fires someone, they follow their stated policy and document everything. Which is what the U is doing. They do this to avoid a legal trial. What is so hard for you people to understand?

The problem here is that NONE of us and seemingly no one in Minnesota can openly explain the exact means and method of the EOAA court. Such a mysterious and nebulous procedure should warrant extreme skepticism that true justice is being accomplished.

I don't know if we have to know the exact process, but I understand the concern. I believe the EOAA is relatively new (could be wrong), and I'm sure there are improvements to be made. In this particular case, we'll have to leave that up to Ryan Pacyga to pursue if this system has given Reggie due process, which will be explored in the appeal.

What I am comfortable with is that this process does not have to meet the same criteria as a criminal investigation. You don't have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that a violation occurred, just that it was more likely than not to have occurred. And while you think it is a kangaroo court, I don't get that impression. If it was, I doubt he would have been cleared on the first violation.

And where I'll go well beyond you, I appreciate there are processes that can hold someone accountable for this type of behavior beyond the criminal justice system. Our criminal justice system rightfully requires evidence beyond reasonable doubt, and unfortunately, this type of offense is often difficult to prove at that threshold. However, that doesn't mean the offense did not occur.

You should take a mulligan on this post - When a corporation fires someone, they follow their stated policy and document everything. Which is what the U is doing. They do this to avoid a legal trial. What is so hard for you people to understand?

Did you mean to quote me? You’re not disagreeing with anything I said...

I think you and Gold Vision are on the same side.

Top Bottom