National Championship

See, that's really heartwarming. That Tua guy's parents relocated all the way from Hawaii just to be near their son. All on their own dime.

That Tua kid is a good QB.

Always amazed by how good these backup QB's are for these big programs.

Had maintained to my Bulldawg brethren that the Dogs would have to play lights out for 4 quarters to win.

They managed 3 quarters plus a second chance in OT.

The stat I'm interested in is how many true freshmen got playing time...even if for one play...for both teams.

I'd take any of their seniors not seeing playing time for the Gophers in a heartbeat.

Congrats to Bama. Changing QBs was the correct call.

Had maintained to my Bulldawg brethren that the Dogs would have to play lights out for 4 quarters to win.

They managed 3 quarters plus a second chance in OT.

The stat I'm interested in is how many true freshmen got playing time...even if for one play...for both teams.

I'd take any of their seniors not seeing playing time for the Gophers in a heartbeat.

Congrats to Bama. Changing QBs was the correct call.

I think Smart is going to be a great head coach but he got out coached in the end tonight. Georgia’s offense in the second half went into conservative “play not to lose” mode and it cost them. Also, where was Sony Michel in the second half??? Hardly touched the ball. Not sure he touched it more than twice after halftime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Smart is going to be a great head coach but he got out coached in the end tonight. Georgia’s offense in the second half went into conservative “play not to lose” mode and it cost them. Also, where was Sony Michel in the second half??? Hardly touched the ball. Not sure he touched it more than twice after halftime.

Said the exact thing about going "conservative" in the second half offensively to a friend as he contemplated jumping off his deck. Fortunately, I don't think he'll do it but it will be a hard hangover in Bulldog Nation tomorrow morning.

I'm probably employing hyperbole here, but I think any coach going against Saban is likely to get out-coached (at least since Saban has been in Alabama). Saban makes his periodic goofs and some of them are costly, but right now he probably has to be considered the top college coach in the game and perhaps the top college coach of all-time. He has great athletes, but to take so many relatively inexperienced guys every year as so many of his players head to the pros and continue to contend for the national title is extremely impressive.

Fowler just basically said Bama won another one because Wisconsin couldn't get it done afainst OSU.

I'm not advocating an 8-team playoff, but inherent in Fowler's comment is the pertinent point as to why expanding the playoffs to 8 teams wouldn't be unconscionable. I respect the heck out of the Badger program, but does anyone here think they are better than Alabama?

I'm not advocating an 8-team playoff, but inherent in Fowler's comment is the pertinent point as to why expanding the playoffs to 8 teams wouldn't be unconscionable. I respect the heck out of the Badger program, but does anyone here think they are better than Alabama?

Probably not. But I do think teams should have to earn their way into the playoffs. Alabama didn't in my opinion. Weak schedule, didn't beat anyone and didn't even make it to their conference championship. If it's simply about getting the best four teams in every year, then why even keep track of records? If you're Alabama, why schedule anyone good if your reputation is always going to get you in?

If you watch the behind the QB view of the late 4th quarter TD for Alabama, it was obvious to me he was not throwing it to Ridley. He was throwing it to one of the other guys but Ridley just made a great play.

One team froze in crunch time, the other stepped it up. It's as simple as that IMO.

All Georgia so far but officials doing their best to keep Alabama in it. Wasn't offsides on the blocked punt and missed facemask.

Bold move by Saban to bench Hurt.

The Dan Patrick Show listed a couple more but don't remember them. I was followed by "but Alabama certainly deserved the win".

Maybe.

I'm probably employing hyperbole here, but I think any coach going against Saban is likely to get out-coached (at least since Saban has been in Alabama). Saban makes his periodic goofs and some of them are costly, but right now he probably has to be considered the top college coach in the game and perhaps the top college coach of all-time. He has great athletes, but to take so many relatively inexperienced guys every year as so many of his players head to the pros and continue to contend for the national title is extremely impressive.

I suspect Saban's goof's are when Saban gets directly involved, otherwise his coaches are good at what they do.

There's a great clip out there where Saban comes running to call a timeout and Kiffin tells him to stop. They play runs... Alabama scores a TD.

It should be noted that Alabama winning another title is all Wisconsin's fault....

Probably not. But I do think teams should have to earn their way into the playoffs. Alabama didn't in my opinion. Weak schedule, didn't beat anyone and didn't even make it to their conference championship. If it's simply about getting the best four teams in every year, then why even keep track of records? If you're Alabama, why schedule anyone good if your reputation is always going to get you in?

They had a top 10 schedule, would've been even stronger if they made the sec title game. They scheduled FSU. You're arguing UCF earned their way in the other thread, that's ridiculous.

I suspect Saban's goof's are when Saban gets directly involved, otherwise his coaches are good at what they do.

There's a great clip out there where Saban comes running to call a timeout and Kiffin tells him to stop. They play runs... Alabama scores a TD.

I think Saban is pretty good at what he does

They could have ruled that UGA WR out on that long td if they wanted to.

Not clear enough evidence to overturn the ruling. If they had called him out of bounds, that ruling would have stood also.

They had a top 10 schedule, would've been even stronger if they made the sec title game. They scheduled FSU. You're arguing UCF earned their way in the other thread, that's ridiculous.

Yeah, I admitted that I was wrong about the strength of schedule thing. I don't know where I saw that or if I just made it up. Maybe my hate for Alabama is clouding my judgment.

Don't know about the fix. But what was very evident in that game was the difference between say a 3 star and a 5 star recruit. None of our 3 star receivers could ever get the separation that we saw last night - especially on the last touchdown. Plus we have never had a QB that could zero in receivers like the 5 star from Alabama. I guess recruiting values do mean something.

I do not believe big ten officials are competent enough to execute a fix

Saban has a great defensive game plan, great recruiting machine, and dare I say strong “culture” in his program. Tua is a better passing QB and that’s talent. Hurts is getting the same coaching but cannot pass effectively. Players making plays all over the field.

Top Bottom