Murphy...

MennoSota

Reaction score
...gets his double-double with 8 seconds to spare.
At least one bright spot.

At least there is a reason to watch (at least until the streak ends).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we ignore whatever that was that he threw up with 13 seconds left and no shot clock, he battled in that 2nd half. He's gonna be seeing a lot of double teams going forward and I thought he handled it well tonight.

Honestly, my new threshold for a successful season is seeing Murphy get a double double in every game.

If we ignore whatever that was that he threw up with 13 seconds left and no shot clock, he battled in that 2nd half. He's gonna be seeing a lot of double teams going forward and I thought he handled it well tonight.

Honestly, my new threshold for a successful season is seeing Murphy get a double double in every game.

He was 5-14 from the field, had 4 turnovers, and completely choked at the free throw line.

He was very efficient early in the year. Now he’s been really putting up a lot of shots since he has to be a lead scorer instead of letting the offense come to him.

Dan Dakich is generally annoying but I am embarrassed to say I laughed after his comment on Murphy today...something like anything farther out than a foot he knows he is going to miss so he immediately chases down the rebound...know your strengths...he does. Especially, seemed true today.

He was 5-14 from the field, had 4 turnovers, and completely choked at the free throw line.

He was 7-8 from the line, but missed the one that could have put us in position to win. I guess it's true that he choked, but this was an above average free throw shooting performance for him.

He was 7-8 from the line, but missed the one that could have put us in position to win. I guess it's true that he choked, but this was an above average free throw shooting performance for him.

Anyone in their right mind takes 7-8 all day long. He didn't choke. I guy can actually be tired.

Anyone in their right mind takes 7-8 all day long. He didn't choke. I guy can actually be tired.

His ft shooting has been good this year - bad time to miss the front end of a one and one (mcbrayer missed one also) . His shots are going up like they did last year, kind of without touch - not like earlier this season when he made everything.

Related but off topic...either Murphy or his doppelganger works floor security at some of the Wolves home games.

Murphy is NOT going to get good looks easily with Lynch and Coffey replaced by Konate and Hurt. You don't have to guard either one and they can double Murphy all game.

In HS my team had three of our starters foul out and we lost similarly to the Gophers loss against Indiana. I took 22 shots and made 11 but I felt terrible for shooting so much. I usually made about 65% of my shots.

Point is, Murphy won't be near as efficient without others helping to spread the defense.

Murphy is NOT going to get good looks easily with Lynch and Coffey replaced by Konate and Hurt. You don't have to guard either one and they can double Murphy all game.

In HS my team had three of our starters foul out and we lost similarly to the Gophers loss against Indiana. I took 22 shots and made 11 but I felt terrible for shooting so much. I usually made about 65% of my shots.

Point is, Murphy won't be near as efficient without others helping to spread the defense.

Agree 100%! you could see it on Saturday

Yep, if Coffey is done for any length of times it is going to be really hard for Murphy to keep his streak going for much longer because Konate is 100% a non factor on offense and most nights Hurt is as well (although has shown a few brief flashes of having some offensive game). Teams can gameplan to contain Murphy, Mason, and McBrayer and ignore the rest for the most part.

Was anyone else screaming "timeout!" when Fitz got the offensive rebound off Mason's miss? I think it was a no brainer and coach missed it. You don't call timeout off the made freethrow because you can get the ball in your point guards hands and not allow the defense to set up. But when Fitz get's the rebound, off balance and in the corner with 12 seconds left, you call a timeout. Instead, Fitz rushes a pass to Murph and he shoots the worst shot of the game. I was really upset about that one.

With this, I'm assuming Pitino can call the timeout and it doesn't have to be the player here...

Was anyone else screaming "timeout!" when Fitz got the offensive rebound off Mason's miss? I think it was a no brainer and coach missed it. You don't call timeout off the made freethrow because you can get the ball in your point guards hands and not allow the defense to set up. But when Fitz get's the rebound, off balance and in the corner with 12 seconds left, you call a timeout. Instead, Fitz rushes a pass to Murph and he shoots the worst shot of the game. I was really upset about that one.

With this, I'm assuming Pitino can call the timeout and it doesn't have to be the player here...

Story in the link is a few years old but pretty sure this is still in effect. A player would have had to call the timeout since the possession was not started by an inbounds pass.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17981256/coaches-now-allowed-call-inbound-plays-per-ncaa-rule-tweak

Story in the link is a few years old but pretty sure this is still in effect. A player would have had to call the timeout since the possession was not started by an inbounds pass.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/17981256/coaches-now-allowed-call-inbound-plays-per-ncaa-rule-tweak

Thanks for the link.

I don't like this rule. Players are so locked in on playing the game and coaches should be the game managers just like football and baseball. This takes so much out of the coaches hands... But rule is a rule.

Top Bottom