FCS Championship Game

I said Jim Delaney said not to schedule FCS for any BIG team. In case you're not familiar with him he's the commissioner of the BIG.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...nine-league-games-no-fcs-teams-2016/30938987/

Yes, you have great facilities. Yes, you play in P5 conference. No, your team is not better than the top teams in the FCS. That's reality.
Is someone talking? I hear some irrelevant nothing. Good move not to schedule FCS. Way better to play FBS non-conference teams. You want to play us move up. Or you can continue to win the JV title and brag about it.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Is someone talking? I hear some irrelevant nothing. Good move not to schedule FCS. Way better to play FBS non-conference teams. You want to play us move up. Or you can continue to win the JV title and brag about it.

You do realize that when you say NDSU is the 'JV' that NDSU beat you 2 out of 3 times, right?

You do realize that when you say NDSU is the 'JV' that NDSU beat you 2 out of 3 times, right?
Move up and play real teams every week.

NDSU is 2-6 against MN.

And you've won 7 National titles. Too bad they are so far in the past no one alive can remember them. I should have said '2 of the last 3'. But hey, if it makes you feel better...

And you've won 7 National titles. Too bad they are so far in the past no one alive can remember them. I should have said '2 of the last 3'. But hey, if it makes you feel better...
Feel better? I don't want to be the JV champs. Good for you that you are proud of it.

Remind me what years in the last 20 you beat us and what the scores were please...

Why are you here on a Gopher message board? Your team just won a national title. Go celebrate. I have friends who are Bizon fans in Frisco right now. One is currently a player for your team.

Most Gopher fans dont hate NDSU. We just dont care about your team.

We hate Iowa and Wisconsin.

Now go out and drink like the rest of North Dakota

NDSU is 2-6 against MN.

He wouldn't be aware of that. Wouldn't have been aware of the fact that the 4 point victory over Brewster's Gophers occurred in what may have been the worst season in Gopher history. They went 1-11 with their only victory being a double overtime victory against Miami of Ohio.

The Bison did beat a 3-9 Gopher team in 2011. That team also beat Miami of Ohio in double overtime. It was their only victory in their first (1-6) 7 games.

Though he'll be happy in 2019. The Gophers not only play ex-FCS Georgia Southern but the hated South Dakota State Jackrabbits.

He'll be the only football fan in America screaming about how tough that Gopher schedule is.

Nothing about NDSU’s FCS success would ever make me feel bad. I’m sorry their success doesn’t make you feel better.

Every year they win the title and every year a handful of their fans come over to Gopherhole looking for validation and respect - within hours of their victory.

I don’t get it.

I said Jim Delaney said not to schedule FCS for any BIG team. In case you're not familiar with him he's the commissioner of the BIG.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...nine-league-games-no-fcs-teams-2016/30938987/

Yes, you have great facilities. Yes, you play in P5 conference. No, your team is not better than the top teams in the FCS. That's reality.

No. You said, "Says a fanbase that does everything it can to avoid scheduling NDSU." You didn't mention Delaney prior to this post. What an odd thing to lie about. By the way, the article you cited is outdated. That policy is no longer in place.

No. You said, "Says a fanbase that does everything it can to avoid scheduling NDSU." You didn't mention Delaney prior to this post. What an odd thing to lie about. By the way, the article you cited is outdated. That policy is no longer in place.

Read what I wrote in post 17. If you can't keep up, please don't post.

Have any BIG teams scheduled FCS teams since the policy was removed? I'm curious to know. I honestly don't know the answer.

Have any BIG teams scheduled FCS teams since the policy was removed? I'm curious to know. I honestly don't know the answer.
Congratulations on being the best JV team in America. It is really a noteworthy accomplishment and we are proud of your team.

Sorry. I got confused when I quoted your post ripping on the fanbase for not scheduling your rinky dink school and you ignored the fact that you made that remark.

Congratulations NDSU. A championship is something to be proud of.

no one cares at all............ but at least Iowa had some buttthurte.

MN plays in the Big 10 West. Most of those “real” teams aren’t so scary.
The Big Ten West won four bowl games and will have a team finish #7. Maybe it's not the murderers row that is the Missouri Valley conference but it's not just a bunch of cream puffs either!!

Other than App and GASo, the rest of those teams where not very strong or competitive in FCS football. ODU has one playoff run. NDSU 1st 3 champion were competing and beating App and GASo.
Not saying NDSU wouldn’t win championships. Saying it is easier when half of the playoff teams are teams that otherwise might not be there if stronger teams didn’t stay down. NDSU is not going to ever lose in the first two rounds of the tourney...making title runs much more likely.

Any depth at all would make that first game or two tougher. There is no depth at the FCs level imo. The top 6-10 teams in a given year are competitive and can beat the bottom 2/3 of FBS in a single game. The 24th best team in FCS is Yale.

Not saying NDSU wouldn’t win championships. Saying it is easier when half of the playoff teams are teams that otherwise might not be there if stronger teams didn’t stay down. NDSU is not going to ever lose in the first two rounds of the tourney...making title runs much more likely.

Any depth at all would make that first game or two tougher. There is no depth at the FCs level imo. The top 6-10 teams in a given year are competitive and can beat the bottom 2/3 of FBS in a single game. The 24th best team in FCS is Yale.

The MAC’s and Sunbelts of the FCS have automatic bids to the tournament. So in the FCS, Alabama plays Ball State in the 1st Round, at home.

Not sure what an NDSU fan on a Gopher Message Board wants.

"YAY! You're team beat a football team called James Madison! You're the BEST!"

Do you guys think NDSU would have made a bowl game had they played in the Sun Belt?

Do you guys think NDSU would have made a bowl game had they played in the Sun Belt?

Hell no.

NDSU has won maybe a dozen FBS level games in the last 10 years?
You need to win at least 6 for a bowl game.

The MAC’s and Sunbelts of the FCS have automatic bids to the tournament. So in the FCS, Alabama plays Ball State in the 1st Round, at home.

Yup, so it would help if teams like App State were still in the Socon.

Maybe then the missuouri valley wouldn’t get 5 bids. The fact that NDSU only has to be top 4 in their conference to make the tourney also helps them.

Im sorry you dont have any friends to celebrate the Bizon championship with tonight.

Yes Big Ten teams have scheduled FBS opponents. Let me introduce you to google

http://lmgtfy.com/?iie=1&q=Future+big+ten+football+non+conference+fcs+opponents

Let’s go light - they might not have Google in North Dakota.

I’ve heard that instead of celebrating the championship at the White House, the Sioux are going to take over a local Ol Country Buffet so it’s not like this title doesn’t carry weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for NDSU. They've had a good run, and I think it's fair to give credit where it's due. In sports consistency on a year to year basis is one of the most impressive things in my view and NDSU certainly has that. For what they do in their own subdivision,it's commendable.

That doesn't necessarily mean, though, that they would finish at the top of any FBS conference. From my memory, a majority of the teams they have beat at the FBS level have finished with poor records, the 2007 and 2011 Minn squads included. That's not to say that those wins weren't earned, they certainly were and "on paper" the FBS schools are supposed to win. However, I do wish their fans would dial it back just a bit. Enjoy the championship, but enjoy it realistically too.

Good for NDSU. They've had a good run, and I think it's fair to give credit where it's due. In sports consistency on a year to year basis is one of the most impressive things in my view and NDSU certainly has that. For what they do in their own subdivision,it's commendable.

That doesn't necessarily mean, though, that they would finish at the top of any FBS conference. From my memory, a majority of the teams they have beat at the FBS level have finished with poor records, the 2007 and 2011 Minn squads included. That's not to say that those wins weren't earned, they certainly were and "on paper" the FBS schools are supposed to win. However, I do wish their fans would dial it back just a bit. Enjoy the championship, but enjoy it realistically too.

To me they rank one step above Hermantown's Hockey team.

Why do members start threads like this here?

Starts silly arguments like, "look what NDSU can do with players the Gophers overlooked".... Well, there a total of 129 FBS teams that these kids don't play on for some reason or another. You don't want to compete at the games highest level every Saturday? Well then the FCS is the place for you.

Face it, there are what, 6 teams in the FCS that play at a decent level? Thus the competition week in and week out is a joke. If you think there is a correlation to the weekly pounding of a P5 conference schedule, you are delusional.

If you are in an FCS town, fine. Cheer for your team. But unless you live within 50 miles of Fargo, or have a kid going to school there, no one gives a rats a**.

Those are the hard cold facts, and your insecurity complex about it should be embarrassing to you.

Top Bottom