FCS Championship Game

mkAz

Reaction score
NDSU wins their 6th FCS title in 7 years. 17-13 over James Madison. Nice run by the Bison.

NDSU wins their 6th FCS title in 7 years. 17-13 over James Madison. Nice run by the Bison.

A lot more fun being a Bison fan than a Gopher fan (especially if you live in Fargo). They have a long history of winning national titles even before this last seven-year run - and most of the players are from Minnesota and the upper Midwest.

A lot more fun being a Bison fan than a Gopher fan (especially if you live in Fargo). They have a long history of winning national titles even before this last seven-year run - and most of the players are from Minnesota and the upper Midwest.

Cool. Good to know. :rolleyes:

I'd still rather be a Gopher fan and watch games at the highest level, rather than winning second rate natty's every year.

#jvnatty #bringonbama
Good Lord. In most sports, when you win your divisional championship (think English football divisions) you get promoted and play against better competition the next season.

What they are doing is fine but winning the jv tourney means little to nothing

#jvnatty #bringonbama
Good Lord. In most sports, when you win your divisional championship (think English football divisions) you get promoted and play against better competition the next season.

What they are doing is fine but winning the jv tourney means little to nothing

In most sports - name one major sport outside of soccer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In most sports - name one major sport outside of soccer?

Football, rugby, cricket, Aussie fb. But considering soccer is 5x most popular sport in world and almost all leagues operate like that, it pulls some weight.

I guess point is: what they are doing is fine. They won as the best, highest funded team in a lower division. Ya. Good for them.

And by National Titles I assume you mean "National Titles".

Class B titles or competition don’t excite me or most others on this board.

Like it or not, NDSU is the best team in their division. they played other teams under the same rules (scholarships, etc) and they won.

As I keep saying, when the Gophers win something, then they can look down their noses at NDSU. Win first, then talk.

Like it or not, NDSU is the best team in their division. they played other teams under the same rules (scholarships, etc) and they won.

As I keep saying, when the Gophers win something, then they can look down their noses at NDSU. Win first, then talk.
Umm....no.

I'd still rather be a Gopher fan and watch games at the highest level, rather than winning second rate natty's every year.

Says the fan base that does everything it can to avoid playing NDSU...or any other team in the FCS. #scared

It also helps NDSU that other good programs in their division are moving up:
App State
Charlotte
Coastal Carolina
Geogia Southern
UMass
Texas State

All solid programs to move up in the past 6 years or so. They’d all be top 20 FCs schools most years.

So not only is NDSU winning a lower division, it is a watered down lower division.

App State
Charlotte
Coastal Carolina
Geogia Southern
UMass
Texas State

All solid programs to move up in the past 6 years or so. They’d all be top 20 FCs schools most years.

So not only is NDSU winning a lower division, it is a watered down lower division.

Some of what you say has merit. But it doesn't explain why the Bison continue to beat P5 schools when they play head-to-head or why Jim Delaney has made it all but impossible for BIG teams to play any FCS team. If the FCS is watered down, why not play them?

Not a good game at all. Turnovers, dropped passes, special teams gaffes...it's almost as if this was minor league college football. :confused:

It's crap football.

We pretty much know that.

Rutgers beats more Big Ten teams than NDSU does.

Says the fan base that does everything it can to avoid playing NDSU...or any other team in the FCS. #scared
Why in the heck would we want to play them. Move up and we will play you.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Why in the heck would we want to play them. Move up and we will play you.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

We are also scared of playing most high school teams I guess as well.

App State
Charlotte
Coastal Carolina
Geogia Southern
UMass
Texas State

Other than App and GASo, the rest of those teams where not very strong or competitive in FCS football. ODU has one playoff run. NDSU 1st 3 champion were competing and beating App and GASo.

I have a lot of respect for the Fighting Sioux program.

Yes, please, continue. The Sioux are so scary.

Sorry. None of us have ever done anything to alter a Big Ten team's schedule. Doesn't work that way here.
Do FCS fans get a say in who the team schedules? No wonder nobody takes you seriously.

Who is the best team they beat this year? Probably someone like Toledo.

Sorry. None of us have ever done anything to alter a Big Ten team's schedule. Doesn't work that way here.
Do FCS fans get a say in who the team schedules? No wonder nobody takes you seriously.

I said Jim Delaney said not to schedule FCS for any BIG team. In case you're not familiar with him he's the commissioner of the BIG.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...nine-league-games-no-fcs-teams-2016/30938987/

Yes, you have great facilities. Yes, you play in P5 conference. No, your team is not better than the top teams in the FCS. That's reality.

Question for NDSU fans. Are the NDSU championships won in FCS this decade more impressive/important than the ones your team won in DII in the 1980’s? If so, why?

Top Bottom