Video: Elite Access: Larson Football Performance Center Sneak Peek

I know that the coaches moved. Are the players able to work out in the new facility yet?

I know that the coaches moved. Are the players able to work out in the new facility yet?
Nobody has moved yet. I was in there today. It's not finished.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

As I recall, one of the Super Bowl teams will be using the facility for their practice...is that correct?

As I recall, one of the Super Bowl teams will be using the facility for their practice...is that correct?
Last I heard they'll be using Bierman. The U wasn't going to allow them to use the new facility.

SKI-U-MAH

That will put a bad taste in the mouth if another team where the first to use the new facility instead of the Gophers.

That will put a bad taste in the mouth if another team where the first to use the new facility instead of the Gophers.

Who would be bothered by this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told their thinking is that the new football facility is for their team only. Plus the access to the old locker rooms, facilities would be tough if they're using the new indoor facility. The cameras in there filming whomever is using it the week of the game would be great exposure however.

SKI-U-MAH

I thought I read a post or article where Fleck mentioned that "today" was the last day for them in the building. If I recall this was around Christmas time. Perhaps last working day and they all were going on vacation.

I thought I read a post or article where Fleck mentioned that "today" was the last day for them in the building. If I recall this was around Christmas time. Perhaps last working day and they all were going on vacation.
Must have been. When I went into his office they were assembling his desk. Parts of the building gets turned over to the U next week.

SKI-U-MAH

I assume that the Vikings will use their facilities in Eden Prairie to practice during SB week so the AFC team will be using Bierman.

Agreed.

It would be like letting some Pat's player cut the ribbon or something... uh no man this is a Gopher facility...

I like the Minnesota emblem at the 20-30 yard line (the shape of Minnesota) with the star on the Twin Cities.... I wonder if this could be put on the field turf at TCF?

Probably would put some money in the coffers though...not that the program or facilities need any. :eek: I think it would also be a great marketing opportunity as ESPN and others would likely highlight it a bit.

I like the Minnesota emblem at the 20-30 yard line (the shape of Minnesota) with the star on the Twin Cities.... I wonder if this could be put on the field turf at TCF?

Since everything is painted I'm sure it can.

What's the difference?

Imagine that you saved and invested for years and years to build your dream house to your exact specifications. Right as it's finished, the contractor says, "We have VIPs in town and all of the hotels are booked. We're going to have them stay in your house." You wouldn't have a problem with people sleeping in your bed, using your showers, eating at your table, etc. before you've ever set foot in the house?

I think he means when they get new turf after MAN United leaves.

What I was thinking is that the NCAA or B1G likely has rules in place as to what logos can be placed on the field and where... To avoid Taco Bell advertising or the like being blasted all over everything.

What I was thinking is that the NCAA or B1G likely has rules in place as to what logos can be placed on the field and where... To avoid Taco Bell advertising or the like being blasted all over everything.

Yeah, because the NCAA or B1G would never whore themselves for money.

Imagine that you saved and invested for years and years to build your dream house to your exact specifications. Right as it's finished, the contractor says, "We have VIPs in town and all of the hotels are booked. We're going to have them stay in your house." You wouldn't have a problem with people sleeping in your bed, using your showers, eating at your table, etc. before you've ever set foot in the house?
If the contractor was willing to pay a pretty premium for doing that you would have to seriously consider it. What the heck, help pay off the mortgage sooner.

It's a safe bet when the Loons leave TCF, this will be EXACTLY the same turf that gets put in as teams usually mimic both game and practice fields.

Well, it's not a home it's a gym. I wouldn't care if someone else worked out in my gym before me if I built a gym.

Students get back on campus after MLK day, so the student athletes will have moved in and started using it prior to the Super Bowl. Sure the team won't have run any coach led practices, but they can do captain's practices in the off season correct? And S&C?

The idea that none of the student athletes will have gotten to use the facilities before the super bowl is absurd.

The place looks fantastic, definitely looking forward to touring it. Will be impressive to any student athlete considering the U.

Top Bottom