***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Well, if Mason was getting angry at Murphy when he was hot, that sounds pretty petty a
and self-centered to me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Mason got angry at Murphy because after a steal he was wide open for a transition bucket. Murphy dribbled down the court himself instead and Mason went to the corner where he was wide open for a 3 as Murphy was doubled in the lane. Murphy misses him again and forces a shot up, but draws the foul. I think it was just an incredible lack of awareness on Murphy's part and not selfishness, but your Senior Point Guard is going to get angry in that spot.

Mason got angry at Murphy because after a steal he was wide open for a transition bucket. Murphy dribbled down the court himself instead and Mason went to the corner where he was wide open for a 3 as Murphy was doubled in the lane. Murphy misses him again and forces a shot up, but draws the foul. I think it was just an incredible lack of awareness on Murphy's part and not selfishness, but your Senior Point Guard is going to get angry in that spot.

Murphy got the ball partially stripped on the way into the lane. I'm not sure it was not seeing Mason as that it got stripped as he would have passed it and grabbing it and throwing it up was all he could do.

This is not a team. It is a collection of individuals. They don't believe in each other.

Who’s fault is that? Who’s job is it to set the tone for that? To teach and demand it? [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who’s fault is that? Who’s job is it to set the tone for that? To teach and demand it? [emoji848]

Hmmmm.... [emoji6]

Last time I checked, it would be Richard Pitino. Do you have any new information?

Well I think it's safe to say this team won't be returning to the tournament. B1G is now looking at 4 at the most IMO, because both of Ohio State and Maryland won't get in. What a pathetic season.

Plenty of us are angry here because the Gophers lost a game that was there for the taking despite 2 of our top starters being out. Let's step back and breathe for a second. We got caught in several mismatches today on defense, largely because we were having major issues guarding the high ball screen.

Hurt played 31 minutes, Konate played 27. Both should be expected to play about half that, but had to play more with Lynch and Amir out. They had one day to practice without Reggie. Sure, Hurt's baseline pass was bad, but Pitino said post game Mason was supposed to curl instead of pop. So if he does that, the pass is likely never thrown. But Hurt has to learn if you're going to throw that pass, throw it 20 feet into the back court and let Nate chase it down. Also, take a shot when you're open. He doesn't have much confidence offensively, and that has to change.

It's great that Murphy got his double-double, but I really couldn't care less. Make the 2 FTs to give us the lead with 25 seconds left, I'll gladly trade the meaningless rebound late for that.

Also, I have no idea why we're jacking up 2 contested 3s when you have a timeout left to put together a play. If you're not using a timeout, get a quick 2 and extend the game as long as you can. Murphy tried to draw a foul on his heave, and you have a better shot of winning the Powerball.

With Lynch's situation, I doubt he plays again this year. Knowing that, if Amir's shoulder is more than a 2 week thing, have the surgery and come back next year. Don't forget that McBrayer is playing hurt too. Frustrating and disappointing, but onto Northwestern. Winnable game if you play well.

For the people saying there is a chance the season can be salavaged you’re clearly not paying any attention to the details. The guys playing big minutes lack the intangibles that cannot be taught or improved on. Combine that with the fact our veterans still had a chance to win the game but failed miserably.

Even before suspensions and injuries I think it was becoming blaringly apparent this team has some major deficecies. With the recruiting class next year, Curry coming back, and some nice pieces still in place, it’s clear next year the team will be deep, talented and experienced.

The one major question is IW figurig it out and pitino finding a juco or grad transfer to clock minutes at PG.

Yeah my expectations for the team had already changed too.
Depending on Washington and the incoming big man...Murphy coming back could mean next year is as good as this year was supposed to be.

Mason is a really good player at times, but he also does a lot of bad things and always have. To me, getting himself ejected against Bama outed him as not being a very good team guy.

Top Bottom