***OFFICIAL INDIANA AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

While the season is over, the future remains bright. Today's game was zero fun to watch, watching the remaining games may be borderline impossible.

Big props to Michael Hurt for contributing less to this game than the $2 programs. Dude is worse than Wally. Can’t wait to miss out on this kid’s brother too.

The lack of another big man to take heat of off Murphy is awful. Konate & Diedou can not make the kind of improvement to be tha t player. The previous two seasons have shown just how little this team will d o with an asll small line up.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would play Hurt or Konate as little as possible, those guys are d2 players at best. I agree with Eg#9 season is pretty much over, we have no depth and it got worse with Lynch and Coffee out.

We just lost to potentially the worst team in the conference at home. 1+1=2.

Rofl. Far from worse team in the conference.

Despite Lynch being out, health Washington and Coffey and it would've been a win.

The season is absolutely over.

Haha! Such a doomsayer. However, I disagree. Richard Pitino has his work cut out for him, but if he can get his star players to play above what they have been, and convince the lesser ones to be role players, we have a chance. The most positive thing, for us, about Rick Pitino getting fired, is that he can now help his son do this. This season is not over!

Now we get to see what Pitino has got. Can he rally the troops? This season is far from over.

Agreed. Still plenty of games to go. With Lynch and Coffey out......as well as a sick IW.......we were short handed. Didn't help that the refs were garbage.

Hurt has had his chance. Ditto for Konate. Let some other guys try to contribute.

Very disappointed in Hurts play in particular. Absolutely nothing.

Agreed. Still plenty of games to go. With Lynch and Coffey out......as well as a sick IW.......we were short handed. Didn't help that the refs were garbage.

Start IW going forward. A small line-up with IW suddenly clicking is our only chance.

Hurt has had his chance. Ditto for Konate. Let some other guys try to contribute.

Actually it was far worse than nothing. His pathetic passing led to a minimum of 5 free points for Indiana. Hurt's performance was almost as bad as BK's today. I swear that BK's hands are made of stone.

For the people saying there is a chance the season can be salavaged you’re clearly not paying any attention to the details. The guys playing big minutes lack the intangibles that cannot be taught or improved on. Combine that with the fact our veterans still had a chance to win the game but failed miserably.

Even before suspensions and injuries I think it was becoming blaringly apparent this team has some major deficecies. With the recruiting class next year, Curry coming back, and some nice pieces still in place, it’s clear next year the team will be deep, talented and experienced.

The one major question is IW figurig it out and pitino finding a juco or grad transfer to clock minutes at PG.

I thought Murphy finished with 9 rebounds, just saw he got the double double, woot!

For the people saying there is a chance the season can be salavaged you’re clearly not paying any attention to the details. The guys playing big minutes lack the intangibles that cannot be taught or improved on. Combine that with it’s the fact our veterans still had a chance to win the game but failed miserably.

Even before suspensions and injuries I think it was becoming blaringly apparent this team has some major deficecies. With the recruiting class next year, Curry coming back, and some nice pieces still in place, it’s clear next year the team will be deep, talented and experienced.

The one major question is IW figurig it out and pitino finding a juco or grad transfer to clock minutes at PG.

Best post of the day, every single word holds 100% truth. It's time to start looking ahead.

Probably knew about Coffey being out but they only had a day to prepare to play without Lynch. Appears NCAA bid is going to be awful tough based on the make up of the roster. They need to learn how to move on fast without Lynch and try to save at least a NIT bid.

For the people saying there is a chance the season can be salavaged you’re clearly not paying any attention to the details. The guys playing big minutes lack the intangibles that cannot be taught or improved on. Combine that with the fact our veterans still had a chance to win the game but failed miserably.

I would start IW with Mason and Dupree going forward. Both for next year and because that's our only chance. We can't run Hurt and Konate out there and win.

Critical mistake of the game was Hurt’s inbound pass turnover; Coffey’s absence on that play alone was critical.

Richard may have to play smaller more often with Fitz, Coffey, Murphy, Mason and McBrayer. Rotating Konate in/out when necessary along with Wash and Hurt.

Getting out rebounded was not only the lack of Lynch’s RBs, but his positioning led to more RBs by Murph. Konate unfortunately has not picked up RB skills.

By the way, why didn’t the TV crew Aldo hammer the U on Mark Hall. Good grief!

Best post of the day, every single word holds 100% truth. It's time to start looking ahead.

There is still at least 15 games to play. Try and enjoy this season no matter where it ends up. People quick to forget this program only won 8 games two years ago.

Hurt provides practically nothing. And that inbounds turnover that turned into a three point play for Indiana was a back-breaker. Just a completely bone headed move when we had a four point lead.

what bugged me: there was a stretch where Murphy started going 1-on-1 every time down court, and Mason was visibly upset. So, Mason then decided that he was going to take every shot for the next 5 minutes. Yeah, there are guys out of the game. But you still have to run your freakin' offense. That is where Pitino needs to take charge. Tell these guys - run the offense or sit next to me on the bench. You can't let guys go rogue or try to win the game single-handed. The less talent you have - the more important teamwork becomes.

Everybody on the team displayed some really poor shot selection at various times in the game. And Harris must be in the biggest freakin' doghouse ever to not see the floor. I'd rather have him out there chuckin' up 3's - he might make 1.

That was a disgusting display of basketball smarts by both teams. Just unbelievably bad basketball all game. Murph....WTF was he thinking? Maybe the worst shot I have ever seen in my life. Hurt...I defended him plenty, but that was the worst inbound pass I've ever seen and one of the worst overall games ever played. Fitz... maybe learn the system. He has no idea where he is supposed to be most of the time. Konte...just wow. Words cannot describe how dumb of a game that was by him. That last sequence couldn't have been worse. Lots of games left, but it is too bad it will only result in a lame NIT bid. Today was a must win as Indiana is a terrible basketball team.

what bugged me: there was a stretch where Murphy started going 1-on-1 every time down court, and Mason was visibly upset. So, Mason then decided that he was going to take every shot for the next 5 minutes. Yeah, there are guys out of the game. But you still have to run your freakin' offense. That is where Pitino needs to take charge. Tell these guys - run the offense or sit next to me on the bench. You can't let guys go rogue or try to win the game single-handed. The less talent you have - the more important teamwork becomes.

Everybody on the team displayed some really poor shot selection at various times in the game. And Harris must be in the biggest freakin' doghouse ever to not see the floor. I'd rather have him out there chuckin' up 3's - he might make 1.

Harris is shooting 40 percent on threes - he was in and a Murphy made a lazy hand off to him that was a turnover and he went right back out

This is not a team. It is a collection of individuals. They don't believe in each other.

This is not a team. It is a collection of individuals. They don't believe in each other.

I think that's over the top. They were playing without two starters and played hero ball. It wasn't pretty. It doesn't mean that's what we'll see going forward.

I think that's over the top. They were playing without two starters and played hero ball. It wasn't pretty. It doesn't mean that's what we'll see going forward.
Well, if Mason was getting angry at Murphy when he was hot, that sounds pretty petty a
and self-centered to me.

That was a disgusting display of basketball smarts by both teams. Just unbelievably bad basketball all game. Murph....WTF was he thinking? Maybe the worst shot I have ever seen in my life. Hurt...I defended him plenty, but that was the worst inbound pass I've ever seen and one of the worst overall games ever played. Fitz... maybe learn the system. He has no idea where he is supposed to be most of the time. Konte...just wow. Words cannot describe how dumb of a game that was by him. That last sequence couldn't have been worse. Lots of games left, but it is too bad it will only result in a lame NIT bid. Today was a must win as Indiana is a terrible basketball team.

Is it possible for us to never ,mention NIT again. I am not giving up on this team and want nothing to do with the tourney for losers.

College basketball is so unpredictable. We are 13-4 and everyone just talks about the NIT. There are upsets all the time, and maybe we can weather out the storm and pick up 2 big wins next week, and then we are sitting at 15-4 with wins against Alabama, Purdue, and Providence. We could possible get Coffey back if rehabbing goes well, and we would be sitting in a good spot. This team still has talent, but Pitino has to do something on the offensive side to get his Big 3 some cleaner looks. I've seen teams with much lesser talent than the Gophers have do much more.

Not all hope is lost guys. It will be crucial for the team to adjust fast.

Anyone else notice Rick Pitino move from his seat and speak to Stockman during the under 8 timeout in second half? I wonder what was shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone else notice Rick Pitino move from his seat and speak to Stockman during the under 8 timeout in second half? I wonder what was shared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Im not sure, but I hope Rick is around the team a lot. Having a silent helper like Rick Pitino would be pretty beneficial right now.

Top Bottom