Rumors tonight of Lynch no longer on Gopher team...

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Reggie Lynch suspended until 2020 from Gophers for Sexual Assault...

UPDATE:

https://www.twincities.com/2018/01/04/gophers-center-reggie-lynch-suspended-until-2020/

University of Minnesota center Reggie Lynch has been found responsible for a sexual assault in his dorm room in the spring of 2016 and has been suspended from school and the team until August 2020, according to a copy of a report by the U’s Office for Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action.

Lynch, 23, can appeal the decision.

It was the second EOAA investigation into an alleged sexual assault by Lynch, a senior from Edina who transferred to Minnesota after two seasons at Illinois State. He was arrested on suspicion of raping a 19-year-old woman in a campus apartment building on campus May 8, 2016, but wasn’t charged and was cleared by a school investigation.

He just said Lynch is off the team, if that's true all I have to say is wow.

What the? This blows
Time for Gaston and Bakary to step up. They can still be a tourney team.

Pioneer Press: Reggie Lynch suspended from the team

According to the Pioneer Press, Gophers center Reggie Lynch has been suspended from the team after being found responsible for a sexual assault in his dorm room in the spring of 2016. He is banned from campus and will be suspended until 2020, per the report. According to Chad Graff, Lynch will have an opportunity to appeal the decision.

Lynch, a senior center for the Gophers, was averaging 10 points, 8 rebounds and 4 blocked shots per game this season. The defending Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year will be a major loss for a Minnesota team with limited depth down low. This likely means senior Bakary Konate will be the starting center for the foreseeable future. Konate has been seeing an increase in overall minutes, including ten in Wednesday night's win over Illinois. He is averaging just one point and 2.5 rebounds per game. This is major news for a Minnesota team already without sophomore Eric Curry.

Looks like this was for a different event:
This time, Lynch has been found to have violated the U’s rules on sexual misconduct in a separate incident in spring of 2016. The vicitim was a 20-year-old student attending a separate university. He was not suspended during the most recent investigation because there was no police investigation.

According to a copy of the report obtained by the Pioneer Press, effective Jan. 9, Lynch’s “university studentship will be suspended with a disciplinary hold placed on his record preventing him from registering at the school. That may be re-established no earlier than Aug. 1, 2020.

Yikes. Sounds like this is an ongoing issue for Reggie. I hope he gets help and no longer exhibits this type of behavior (assuming all allegations are true).

I was talking to a coworker earlier today and he mentioned a lot of female students were uncomfortable around Reggie. He was in some classes with him last year. Weird conversation to have but after this, maybe more truth to it than I thought.

Sounds like he walked the line between consent and assault during the first incident. He has to be a god damn idiot to not learn from that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So both of these alleged incidents occurred in the Spring of '16? It took a year and a half to come to the decision to suspend him from school? What good is an appeal for a Senior athlete who will be out of eligibility if he wins that appeal?

I'm wondering if this allegation just surfaced during the recent #metoo push and that's why there was such a delay? Seems very plausible

So both of these alleged incidents occurred in the Spring of '16? It took a year and a half to come to the decision to suspend him from school? What good is an appeal for a Senior athlete who will be out of eligibility if he wins that appeal?

Appeal would be good for if we ever bring him back to recognize his DPOY and contributions to program revival

Appeal would be good for if we ever bring him back to recognize his DPOY and contributions to program revival

2 year ban likely means damning evidence. They’ll want nothing to do with him and more may come out.

Also means he was playing for quite some time while under investigation

2 year ban likely means damning evidence. They’ll want nothing to do with him and more may come out.

I don't know anything more than what the article states, but if that was the case why would he not be expelled? If Reggie committed a sexual assault in the eyes of the University, why let him back on campus in 2020? Four of the football players were expelled for their actions in a case that had a lot of gray area to it.

Also means he was playing for quite some time while under investigation

He hasn’t been bad by any means this year (defense still excellent) but he seemed to be less of an impact than I had hoped for. Maybe this was on his mind.

If the allegations are true I am glad he is being held accountable. As a gopher fan I find this frustrating but as a parent I find it repulsive.

It is just so frustrating that something like this always surfaces I am not sure how this team will be able to respond.

I don't know anything more than what the article states, but if that was the case why would he not be expelled? If Reggie committed a sexual assault in the eyes of the University, why let him back on campus in 2020? Four of the football players were expelled for their actions in a case that had a lot of gray area to it.

Punishment can range from writing an apology letter to community service to expulsion. A 2 year suspension is on the harsh end of the spectrum.

I don’t know any details, but his first incident seems to have been a he said/she said situation and the university found that Reggie more likely than not believed it was consensual and the woman did not. That’s why he got off.

If Reggie got off clean on a he said/she said once, I’m assuming there’s more evidence for him to be punished this way.

To be a bad human/solely sports fan for a moment, even if appeal/delay was possible, would Richard even want to go down that road of letting him play?

7d81c7b9c330bb97f8ff8ac2ad400ea8.jpg

Great:rolleyes: Despicable person for doing this. Got no tolerance for people who do stuff like this.

Our D is about to collapse though

Season of dreams they said, should have known better as a Gopher fan.

If Reggie did what is alleged this is fair and I'm not defending him.

But as for the program, at some point you have to accept that this program is cursed. If it's not an injury, it's a transfer or something like this. Every promising season will be derailed. It's just a question of when and how.

If Reggie did what is alleged this is fair and I'm not defending him.

But as for the program, at some point you have to accept that this program is cursed. If it's not an injury, it's a transfer or something like this. Every promising season will be derailed. It's just a question of when and how.

You’re not superstitious, but you seem a little stitiois

Isn't this how he ended up at Edina from Bloomington Jefferson? And why he left ISU in the first place? These type of rumors about him have been following him for 8-9 years now...

7d81c7b9c330bb97f8ff8ac2ad400ea8.jpg

After reading stuff like this, while you never know if something like that said online is true, I think there’s quite a bit of smoke here to the fire. Even if there was a chance to appeal and temporarily keep him on the court it would be a disaster. And again, assuming these allegations are true with all of the smoke to the fire, he deserves it.

Little surprise that this ugly "Abby Honold" chick is front and center here again;

Might wanna log off for the night, buddy.

No idea if she’s credible or not but let’s not go down this road you’re heading down.

Might wanna log off for the night, buddy.

No idea if she’s credible or not but let’s not go down this road you’re heading down.

I was in the process of deleting it because on second thought, I was confusing her for someone else. Now your quote prevents the delete, so great job! lol

Top Bottom