Rumors tonight of Lynch no longer on Gopher team...

The accuser is not a student at U of M, so she can share what she wants. I find it odd they would share the outcome with a non-student myself but what do I know.

Why would it be odd to share the outcome to the victim? That would actually be the respectful thing to do.

Was the police report for the May alleged assault ever leaked? If so, a link to it would be greatly appreciated.

So the cops protected Dom Jones? The cops protected Courtney James? The cops protected Daquein McNeil?

BULL****. The cops deliver when the facts and evidence is there. The football case didn't have it. Sorry that's so hard for you to swallow one year later - still crying about the same ****.

Let's see....Daquein McNeil was released and assaulted his victim again. Is that protecting the victim? And his wasn't a he said she said...he beat her up and there were enough bruises to convict. Not a sexual assault which is easier for the cops to sweep under the rug. Courtney James also physically assaulted his girlfriend in a jealous rage. Again, hard to sweep bruises under the carpet and when the public sees a bruised up 110 pound young women next to a 6'8 guy, it's not hard to imagine whose side the public will be on. James managed to go on to a professional career instead of being locked away. Dominic Jones is the only one convicted of a said sexual assault but a teammate videoed it so again, the police couldn't sweep it under the carpet with irrefutable evidence. Keep trying to come up with someone in a he said/she said situation where the cops convicted.

Estimates are 25% of women are sexually assaulted during college. Even if that were 5 times the actual number, that would still mean there are hundreds of sexual assaults every year. Studies have shown that 2% of the rape allegations are false reports...about the same percentage as other crimes. Yet the cops not just at our university, but at others, fail again and again to convict...more because they are interested in protecting the university and in protecting athletes. If this weren't the case, we wouldn't need the EOAA.

I've only read two or three pages on this post and see that you've already blamed the cops and Trump (a proxy for half the country that doesn't think like you) for all society's ills. Classic. It appears you believe the woman is always right and the man is always wrong. Kind of like being forced to watch the Hallmark Channel with all its Woman Good, Man Bad movies. The old saying "it takes two to tango" is often true; one party gets blamed but both parties often have at least some responsibility in the outcome. That gray area probably doesn't fit your agenda though, so no need for due process and protection for the accused. Right?
I didn't blame Trump for Lynch's rapes, I blamed Trump for the change of attitude and the #metoo movement. If you don't think the #metoo movement was a result of the election of Trump...whether you voted for him or not...you are clueless. If you don't think the atmosphere has changed how do you explain Franken, Wienstein, Moore's loss, Lauer, Spacey, Trent Franks, Farenthold etc.? Will this changed attitude result in coaches, athletes etc. being booted for less egregious misconduct? Who knows? But do you think Donovan McNabb or Eric Davis would have lost their jobs before Trump was elected? I don't. As far as the cops go, read the entire report from the football mess last year. Write out a timeline. Pretend the victim is your sister, wife or daughter. Would you be satisfied with their response? I would have been furious.

This is what you really meant...

"You have a problem with he EOAA, I have a problem with the cops who seem to think their job to to protect (young black kids)....because that's what they've been doing for so many years. It is because of that that EOAA was created. If the cops did their job and protected (whites) instead of (blacks), we wouldn't need the EOAA."
It would be easier if you just said you didn't like black athletes sleeping with white girls.

I have no problem with anyone consensually sleeping with anyone. I have a big problem with rapes. You would too if your daughter had been raped in college and her rapist went free. I think there is a huge problem with athletes and a huge problem at frats. Why? Because both groups have too much power on campuses. Frats because of there alumni donations and athletes because they bring in so much money. In the end power=money and campuses are not safe places for young women anymore. I really resent your rather direct accusation that I am a racist because I want to hold serial rapists accountable. I have no idea whether the victim is white or not and think it is totally irrelevant.

Let's see....Daquein McNeil was released and assaulted his victim again. Is that protecting the victim? And his wasn't a he said she said...he beat her up and there were enough bruises to convict. Not a sexual assault which is easier for the cops to sweep under the rug. Courtney James also physically assaulted his girlfriend in a jealous rage. Again, hard to sweep bruises under the carpet and when the public sees a bruised up 110 pound young women next to a 6'8 guy, it's not hard to imagine whose side the public will be on. James managed to go on to a professional career instead of being locked away. Dominic Jones is the only one convicted of a said sexual assault but a teammate videoed it so again, the police couldn't sweep it under the carpet with irrefutable evidence. Keep trying to come up with someone in a he said/she said situation where the cops convicted.

Estimates are 25% of women are sexually assaulted during college. Even if that were 5 times the actual number, that would still mean there are hundreds of sexual assaults every year. Studies have shown that 2% of the rape allegations are false reports...about the same percentage as other crimes. Yet the cops not just at our university, but at others, fail again and again to convict...more because they are interested in protecting the university and in protecting athletes. If this weren't the case, we wouldn't need the EOAA.

He’s off his meds again.

Just stop with the unhinged prejudice, the false stats. Overstating or outright misstating the facts as you’ve done in multiple posts here doesn’t help real victims.

Why would it be odd to share the outcome to the victim? That would actually be the respectful thing to do.

Sharing confidential information about a student or former student is illegal

He’s off his meds again.

Just stop with the unhinged prejudice, the false stats. Overstating or outright misstating the facts as you’ve done in multiple posts here doesn’t help real victims.

Your criticism just confirms the validity of his comments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I didn't blame Trump for Lynch's rapes, I blamed Trump for the change of attitude and the #metoo movement. If you don't think the #metoo movement was a result of the election of Trump...whether you voted for him or not...you are clueless. If you don't think the atmosphere has changed how do you explain Franken, Wienstein, Moore's loss, Lauer, Spacey, Trent Franks, Farenthold etc.? Will this changed attitude result in coaches, athletes etc. being booted for less egregious misconduct? Who knows? But do you think Donovan McNabb or Eric Davis would have lost their jobs before Trump was elected? I don't. As far as the cops go, read the entire report from the football mess last year. Write out a timeline. Pretend the victim is your sister, wife or daughter. Would you be satisfied with their response? I would have been furious.

The top 4-5 lines of this quote are bigoted political rantings; so no comment from me. As for your ending hypothetical question regarding my response as if the accuser was my daughter (yes, I have a beautiful 16 year-old daughter), my disappointment would be first directed toward 1) myself and my wife, in our failure to teach our daughter to stay away from those obviously bad situations, 2a) my daughter, for making poor choices and living in a culture of promiscuity (late night hookups with strangers, Tinder, etc.), 2b) the undisciplined young men who made poor choices and their families who failed to raise them properly. The cops are somewhere on the bottom of this list; they're just cleaning up the mess.

Can we just admit society has entered the age of toxic feminism?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No police report= bull**** accusation. Know why?
Because if a woman files a police report, real evidence will be examined, a man's legal rights "should" be protected, and it opens up the complainant to a countersuit. It's just so much easier to accuse a man through an unconstitutional tribunal or social media. Better still, you have women's rights groups advocates to pay for it all! No consequences, no worries.
Don't know anything at all about Reggie Lynch but I do know that, among young men of his profile, only a true sociopath would be dumb enough to assault/rape a woman on a college campus. And my instinct tells me that is not the case.

I've read only one page of this thread. And saw this. Congratulations on the most classless post I've seen on Gopher Hole. It was a very high bar.

If it's classless, it's only so because it's direct and true. If you polled people under 35, the majority of them have been part of a threesome at some point in their life. CoMn is on his high horse about athletes, sex, cops and how "disgusting" he finds it all. The fact is that girls at the U (and likely any other big school) have been WILLINGLY performing sexual acts with athletes - and taking pride in it - since I was a student there in the 90s. Yes, times are-a changing a bit, but that's not going to change college kids carnal pursuits. So no matter how much CoMn thinks he's "taught" his daughter well, kids are gonna be kids (and sexually adventurous). So instead of preaching to the rest of us about sexual morality and such - before ye cast your stone too far - prepare yourself that your daughter will do things you never imagined with guys (and maybe girls too) once she is out on her own...

Sure, I didn't pull any punches, but not sure that has anything to do with "classless".

If it's classless, it's only so because it's direct and true. If you polled people under 35, the majority of them have been part of a threesome at some point in their life. CoMn is on his high horse about athletes, sex, cops and how "disgusting" he finds it all. The fact is that girls at the U (and likely any other big school) have been WILLINGLY performing sexual acts with athletes - and taking pride in it - since I was a student there in the 90s. Yes, times are-a changing a bit, but that's not going to change college kids carnal pursuits. So no matter how much CoMn thinks he's "taught" his daughter well, kids are gonna be kids (and sexually adventurous). So instead of preaching to the rest of us about sexual morality and such, prepare yourself that your daughter will do things you never imagined with guys (and maybe girls too) once she is out on her own before ye cast your stone too far...

Sure, I didn't pull any punches, but not sure that has anything to do with "classless".

Um, you didn't respond to CoMn. You discussed the future sex life of Panthadad's minor daughter.

Um, you didn't respond to CoMn. You discussed the future sex life of Panthadad's minor daughter.

If it was quoted wrong, that was an accident. I've clearly been going back and forth with CoMn throughout this thread. So it wasn't directed to Panthadad

If it's classless, it's only so because it's direct and true. If you polled people under 35, the majority of them have been part of a threesome at some point in their life. CoMn is on his high horse about athletes, sex, cops and how "disgusting" he finds it all. The fact is that girls at the U (and likely any other big school) have been WILLINGLY performing sexual acts with athletes - and taking pride in it - since I was a student there in the 90s. Yes, times are-a changing a bit, but that's not going to change college kids carnal pursuits. So no matter how much CoMn thinks he's "taught" his daughter well, kids are gonna be kids (and sexually adventurous). So instead of preaching to the rest of us about sexual morality and such - before ye cast your stone too far - prepare yourself that your daughter will do things you never imagined with guys (and maybe girls too) once she is out on her own...

I question to a great degree nearly everything CoMn posts. Don't take my statement as supporting his or her positions in any way. I generally disagree with them. But when you personally call-out someone's family members and suggest their future sexual encounters in a demeaning or hurtful way... You can call it what you want. I call it classless.

Was the police report for the May alleged assault ever leaked? If so, a link to it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure what event you're referring to. Lynch, to the best of my knowledge, has been the subject of two EOAA investigations, involving two incidents that took place in the fall of 2016. In one incident, there was a police investigation and an EOAA investigation, but no charges were filed, and Lynch was reinstated to the program after a short suspension. The other incident from 2016 is what led to the current suspension - because it was not reported until the fall of 2017, with an EOAA investigation following.

Anyway - in the incident that resulted in no charges, the Strib interviewed the woman involved in that incident. She admits she was drunk and went to Lynch's apartment. Lynch said she consented to sex. The woman says she doesn't remember if she consented, but her memory is foggy. Both parties agree that at some point, when the woman said she wanted to leave, that Lynch stopped and let her leave. Classic he said, she said with alcohol involved - which is why no charges were brought. virtually impossible to prove what happened.

I question to a great degree nearly everything CoMn posts. Don't take my statement as supporting his or her positions in any way. I generally disagree with them. But when you personally call-out someone's family members and suggest their future sexual encounters in a demeaning or hurtful way... You can call it what you want. I call it classless.

I guess this all depends on where you fall on a sexual morality scale. I personally find it realistic and likely that someone is more likely than not to be sexually adventurous in that way - so I don't view it as an insult to said daughter. I mean, it's like saying, your daughter will likely perform oral sex in her life. Just a fact. But...I could see it being "hurtful" to someone who has an unrealistic view of how their daughter's intimate life will play out.

I guess this all depends on where you fall on a sexual morality scale. I personally find it realistic and likely that someone is more likely than not to be sexually adventurous in that way - so I don't view it as an insult to said daughter. I mean, it's like saying, your daughter will likely perform oral sex in her life. Just a fact. But...I could see it being "hurtful" to someone who has an unrealistic view of how their daughter's intimate life will play out.

Context, my friend. If you had made that statement as part of a conversation about the vurtues of group sex among people advocating that practice -- perhaps you'd have a point. When the intent is to suggest something personal about a family member (a 16 year-old daughter, no less) knowing it would be hurtful; that's a totally different ballgame. And classless.

Context, my friend. If you had made that statement as part of a conversation about the vurtues of group sex among people advocating that practice -- perhaps you'd have a point. When the intent is to suggest something personal about a family member (a 16 year-old daughter, no less) knowing it would be hurtful; that's a totally different ballgame. And classless.

Go Gophers! XO

Because it is a "school" investigation, she isn't involved in any way with the school.

Top Bottom