Rumors tonight of Lynch no longer on Gopher team...

Sad that he (allegedly) either couldn’t keep his hands to himself or wouldn’t take no for an answer.

I feel for the alleged victims no matter what.

The loss to the team is secondary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because lots of women desire athletes doesn't mean every woman does. Maybe she just wanted to kiss him and he put his hand in her pants. Maybe athletes, who are used to getting what they want from women in terms of sexual favors, have a hard time taking no for an answer.

I understand that. I'm just wondering how a person could think, and then act like that.

As to Howeda's question of whether any student can file a complaint against any other student, in this case the alleged victim is actually a student at another school, so it appears the EOAA can hear cases/render decisions on incidents as long as they involve at least one U of M student? I would think that, given their lesser standards for burden of proof, that they should only be able to hear cases involving incidents that occur between their students.

It wouldn't be a terrible thing if Betsy decides to go after abolishing the EOAA committees. Let the suspensions and expulsions from criminal cases by decided by actual criminal courts with police evidence. Should be a difference between punishing a student-athlete based on failing classes, cheating, or all the illegal tutoring crap where the professors are the ones filing complaints against them vs punishing as a citizen for sexual allegations, or even theft like the dude from the family of idiots.

It wouldn't be a terrible thing if Betsy decides to go after abolishing the EOAA committees. Let the suspensions and expulsions from criminal cases by decided by actual criminal courts with police evidence. Should be a difference between punishing a student-athlete based on failing classes, cheating, or all the illegal tutoring crap where the professors are the ones filing complaints against them vs punishing as a citizen for sexual allegations, or even theft like the dude from the family of idiots.

I agree 100%. I know of a person who was falsely accused and was suspended for a year.

Let's try this one more time. The EOAA does NOT have the power to suspend students. It only has the power to investigate allegations of sexual assault and harassment to determine whether or not the student code of conduct has been violated. If the EOAA makes a determination the code of conduct was violated the U's administration initiates the formal student code of conduct hearing process with the accused student. During the hearing the student can be represented by an attorney. No final determination is made until the hearing is completed and the student has the opportunity to appeal the case. In cases of sexual assault and harassment the administration has the authority to suspend the accused student pending the final outcome of the case.

EOAA Process

The Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA) and the Office for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity (OSCAI) are responsible for addressing student conduct that may violate Title IX. EOAA’s Director, Kimberly Hewitt, is the University’s Title IX Coordinator.

The University’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA) thoroughly investigates, as a neutral party, reports of sexual harassment and sexual violence, including sexual assault, stalking, and relationship violence.

Typical steps in a formal investigation include:

- talking with the person raising the concerns and/or other affected persons;
- talking with individuals with information relevant to the situation;
- informing responsible administrators about the concerns and investigation;
- talking with the accused person; and
- collecting and reviewing documents or other forms of information from the person raising the concerns, witnesses, Human Resources, administrators, or other individuals with relevant information.

At the conclusion of a formal investigation, EOAA will prepare a summary and analysis of the investigation and make a conclusion as to whether the Student Conduct Code and University policies against sexual harassment and sexual violence have been violated. EOAA will forward the report to OSCAI. Both the reporting student and the accused student may request a copy of the EOAA report from OSCAI.

As part of the University’s informal resolution process, OSCAI will inform both the reporting party and the accused student about: (1) the outcome of the EOAA investigation; and (2) a proposed resolution. If both parties agree to the outcome and proposed resolution, the University’s investigative process generally is concluded.

If the reporting party or the accused student disagrees with EOAA’s investigative outcome and OSCAI’s proposed resolution they may initiate the University’s formal resolution process. In this formal process, the parties are afforded a hearing before a panel drawn from the Campus Committee on Student Behavior.

Read more at: https://diversity.umn.edu/eoaa/process

Let's try this one more time. The EOAA does NOT have the power to suspend students. It only has the power to investigate allegations of sexual assault and harassment to determine whether or not the student code of conduct has been violated. If the EOAA makes a determination the code of conduct was violated the U's administration initiates the formal student code of conduct hearing process with the accused student. During the hearing the student can be represented by an attorney. No final determination is made until the hearing is completed and the student has the opportunity to appeal the case. In cases of sexual assault and harassment the administration has the authority to suspend the accused student pending the final outcome of the case.

EOAA Process

The Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA) and the Office for Student Conduct and Academic Integrity (OSCAI) are responsible for addressing student conduct that may violate Title IX. EOAA’s Director, Kimberly Hewitt, is the University’s Title IX Coordinator.

The University’s Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (EOAA) thoroughly investigates, as a neutral party, reports of sexual harassment and sexual violence, including sexual assault, stalking, and relationship violence.

- collecting and reviewing documents or other forms of information from the person raising the concerns, witnesses, Human Resources, administrators, or other individuals with relevant information.

At the conclusion of a formal investigation, EOAA will prepare a summary and analysis of the investigation and make a conclusion as to whether the Student Conduct Code and University policies against sexual harassment and sexual violence have been violated. EOAA will forward the report to OSCAI. Both the reporting student and the accused student may request a copy of the EOAA report from OSCAI.

As part of the University’s informal resolution process, OSCAI will inform both the reporting party and the accused student about: (1) the outcome of the EOAA investigation; and (2) a proposed resolution. If both parties agree to the outcome and proposed resolution, the University’s investigative process generally is concluded.

If the reporting party or the accused student disagrees with EOAA’s investigative outcome and OSCAI’s proposed resolution they may initiate the University’s formal resolution process. In this formal process, the parties are afforded a hearing before a panel drawn from the Campus Committee on Student Behavior.

Whatever you say there Cruze. All I know is that a student that I know personally was suspended for a year who was totally innocent and had basically no rights in their kangaroo court. Now I'm done talking about this. Carry on with your agenda.

Even if they try to abolish the EOAA process the large majority of schools (particularly the U) will keep basically the same student disciplinary process in place and call it by a different name. Colleges and universities in America are never going to stop investigating allegations of sexual violence by their students and holding them accountable for their actions. There will be no going back to the days when sexual assault and harassment on campus were often ignored because criminal courts are not capable of adequately dealing with these issues. How do we know this? Because Al Franken is no longer a U.S. Senator and Garrison Keillor is no longer employed by MPR are just two reasons and there have been many others just like them. Neither of them were given their day in court and very few people in America, and hardly anyone in GopherHole, seem to care about it.

So there’s not enough evidence to charge him with a crime, but there’s enough evidence to say he’s responsible a sexual assault on the woman (whatever that means?), so he’s off the team, kicked out of school with a semester separating him from completing his degree, and his name is now toxic which will hurt him in the NBA Draft (potentially costing him millions), welcome to Amerika.

My point is that he could considered responsible for something as nebulous as hearing her scream for help while being nearby and half asleep and not recognizing a cry for help, therefore not preventing the crime.

I’d like to know what Lynch allegedly did before casting final judgment.

EOAA Process

Let me be clear that I don’t want him on the team and that I believe the victims 100% due to the fact that I’ve heard this rumor about him about 6 different times now and only 2 of the times have come from the media....however...

How can non-criminal sexual activity be a violation of the student code of conduct? At a public college with adults I just don’t understand this.

Pitino’s program makes a fan proud. Give him another raise.

I have heard a disturbing story about Reggie that allegedly occurred after the first police investigation. The guy is messed up and deserves no sympathy. I even considered contacting the athletic department but I didn’t witness the incident myself so I neglected it. I regret that now

Hearsay has no relevance in any case.

What I don't get is why the University investigates these things. These kinds of cases should be handled by law enforcement. I don't agree that anything should happen to anyone if criminal charges aren't brought against that person.

EOAA finally got him. Can't find the article anymore, but it came out during last winter's football s-show that Reggie was found responsible by the EOAA in 2016, only to have that decision overturned on appeal.

What I don't get is why the University investigates these things. These kinds of cases should be handled by law enforcement. I don't agree that anything should happen to anyone if criminal charges aren't brought against that person.

You are correct.

Sad that he (allegedly) either couldn’t keep his hands to himself or wouldn’t take no for an answer.

I feel for the alleged victims no matter what.

The loss to the team is secondary.

Yes this is how I feel too.
The optics are bad that he was still playing while this second one was being investigated, but I don’t know enough about the story.

This is just unbelievably selfish and stupid. I just watched KSTP report on it and the dragged out their timeline of sexual assaults at the U. They never miss a chance to remind people about Meg Stephenson, Norwood Teague, Randy Handel and the football fiasco.

Way to not represent the Gophers, Reggie.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yes this is how I feel too.
The optics are bad that he was still playing while this second one was being investigated, but I don’t know enough about the story.

This is Merica innocent until proven guilty. That's how he was still playing.

Anyone know how long the appeal process is?

Does he play against IU since the suspension, unless appealed, is effective starting Tuesday?

Well it was fun while it lasted. So ****ing sick of this ****.

2fd165fe3bc5b6cd7d94cc351d019096.jpg

Top Bottom