Rumors tonight of Lynch no longer on Gopher team...

Might wanna log off for the night, buddy.

No idea if she’s credible or not but let’s not go down this road you’re heading down.

Abby Honold is the rape survivor from the locally famous Dan Drill-Mellum rape case. She now advocates for victims and speaks against sexual violence. I personally find her credible and generally a great person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you get that? He transferred from a low major to a high major homestate school. He had every reason in the world to transfer here.

People that went to ISU. Thought he was running from a similar investigation there. A quick search of Twitter finds people saying the same thing tonight.

This is exactly the problem with the whole EOAA environment. This kind of rumor is taken as truth. In court you'd need actual evidence.

Abby is a rape survivor and is extremely credible because she works professionally with victims and speaks about sexual violence. But keep spouting nonsense buddy.

I was in the process of deleting it because on second thought, I was confusing her for someone else. Now your quote prevents the delete, so great job! lol

You’re forgiven. No harm done.

She’s RT’ing a lot of people from every place he’s been the past few years with similar stories. Seems not good. At first I figured this one issue in a vacuum shouldn’t reflect on Pitino since he can’t predict these sorts of things, but if there was truly this much crap on him with multiple investigations, he...had to have known some of this.

You’re not superstitious, but you seem a little stitiois

Can you blame any Gopher fan? If it's not Mbakwe/Royce White, it's Al Nolen's foot. Or Davoe Joseph smoking weed. I know the Vikings are going to crush us in the next few weeks, but at least it will be on the field.

Is this suspension for the same incident that was investigated or a new one? I've seen it both ways. If it's a new incident, it's pretty hard to give Reggie the benefit of the doubt.

Abby is a rape survivor and is extremely credible because she works professionally with victims and speaks about sexual violence. But keep spouting nonsense buddy.

1) Go back and re-read the thread. Was mixing her up with someone else (and yes, the Drill-Mellum case is apparently where I recognized her name, which is a completely different deal. My mistake there.).

2) Your statement is inherently contradictory. Being a victim and working with these people tends to carry a significant bias. And she appears to have no first hand knowledge of anything regarding Reggie Lynch's case.

3) Given the gross overreach in the football case, I think it's pretty reasonable for fans to be pissed off and skeptical when the EOAA once again steps in to ruin a gopher sports season. It's not mutually exclusive to be concerned about campus safety/sex assault on the one hand, and be against the EOAA on the other hand. It's an extraordinarily flawed process, as already recognized by the current Secretary of Education.

You’re forgiven. No harm done.

She’s RT’ing a lot of people from every place he’s been the past few years with similar stories. Seems not good. At first I figured this one issue in a vacuum shouldn’t reflect on Pitino but if there was truly this much crap on him with multiple investigations, he...had to have known some of this.

No doubt he knew investigations were happening. Hard to suspend the guy before it is completed. At this incident causing this suspension is not a recent incident. It happened around the same time as a different event that amounted to no finding of wrongdoing. I would put more blame on pitino if it was an investigation of an incident that is alleged to have occurred after the reinstatement to the team. I am not going to blame pitino in this, I am going to blame lynch.

No doubt it my mind lynch did some things that makes me want him off the basketball team. Despite my issues I have with EOAA investigations having the power to kick a kid out of school for sexual behavior that is not found to be criminal....I have a much lower standard for being able to boot him from the basketball program. Now is certainly the time to get rid of him and not look back. Whether he should be kicked out of school is another question that will be resolved in the appeal I would imagine.

Is this suspension for the same incident that was investigated or a new one? I've seen it both ways. If it's a new incident, it's pretty hard to give Reggie the benefit of the doubt.

It is a different incident, but it is alleged to have occurred around the same time. Hence the confusion.

New one from same time period. EOAA already concluded on the other one.

It's different but not "new." It happened before the "first" one he was accused (and eventually cleared) of. So it's not really accurate for people to say "he should have learned." Pitino instituted all those changes last summer, had the lectures, etc., and everyone may well have kept their noses clean this entire time, but apparently this other event had already happened and then this girl decided to file a claim after Reggie was cleared of the first one.

When I've read the threads about Reggie on the ISU forum, a lot of people always said he was creepy around girls, heard lots of stories, good riddance etc. I sort of dismissed them as posters being bitter but it looks like it now makes sense.

welp, this season's over. Sucks but hey, if Lynch did wrong he should be punished. That said, I absolutely hate the way schools, and particularly the U, handle these sorts of things. I personally think they should leave that sort of thing to the police. Either way, there go hopes of sweet 16s or whatever

It's a really interesting story.

Reggie is an extremely friendly guy, will talk to anybody and will never feel like he's too good to hang out or talk to you. He's one of the most friendly athletes I know of. Not an aggressive person at all or somebody that would ever get in a fight or anything like that. Definitely would've never considered him someone to do something like this, at least before the first allegation came out.

Just goes to show that some people act either extremely different around girls compared to how they act around everyone else, which it sounds like this is the case for Reggie, or cannot for the life of them control themselves or their impulses when they are drinking, something that may or may not be the case with Reggie.

Of course. It's not a matter of if but when something bad will happen with this team, cursed is right. Story seems weird though, were they investigating him since 2016? Why did it take so long?

It's different but not "new." It happened before the "first" one he was accused (and eventually cleared) of. So it's not really accurate for people to say "he should have learned." Pitino instituted all those changes last summer, had the lectures, etc., and everyone may well have kept their noses clean this entire time, but apparently this other event had already happened and then this girl decided to file a claim after Reggie was cleared of the first one.

So can any student file a claim against any other student?

So appeal and drag it out for the next 2 months, should get the Ezekiel Elliott treatment

Well at least this happened after we already lost 3 games, two of them blowouts and dropped out of the top 25. If we would have gone unscathed in the non con and had a top 10 ranking, I don't know what I would have done upon seeing this news.

Reggie should not have been playing the past few years, sounds like he's a real piece of garbage.

Reggie should not have been playing the past few years, sounds like he's a real piece of garbage.

agreed, I'm wondering why though this took so much time to come out? Especially if it happened two years ago. I'm a huge fan of his game, but he is really this type of a person he should have been gone a long time ago. Sad, really.

Are you freaking kidding me? Why? From the way I understand it, these athletes can get almost any girl they want. Why would this happen?

Puts us from 11 wins and in to 7 and out I'd think

Not happening. He'll be suspended until the appeal is over.

How? Seems like it's normally other way around.

It's getting absurd to see all these stories come out from years before like the Sano. Either it should come out within a week after the incident when there's DNA/photo/witnesses as evidence or only with the same level of proof if it's later. Enough with the she said therefore crucify him and nothing to substantiate

He certainly is popular with girls on campus, every time at Blarneys there would be girls hanging right around him all night, sure he probably brought plenty home

Are you freaking kidding me? Why? From the way I understand it, these athletes can get almost any girl they want. Why would this happen?

Just because lots of women desire athletes doesn't mean every woman does. Maybe she just wanted to kiss him and he put his hand in her pants. Maybe athletes, who are used to getting what they want from women in terms of sexual favors, have a hard time taking no for an answer.

How? Seems like it's normally other way around.

It's getting absurd to see all these stories come out from years before like the Sano. Either it should come out within a week after the incident when there's DNA/photo/witnesses as evidence or only with the same level of proof if it's later. Enough with the she said therefore crucify him and nothing to substantiate

The football players were all suspended until their appeal. I don't see why this would be different. Not saying I agree with it. If this happened in April 2016 and a complaint wasn't filed until Fall 2017, that certainly seems odd.

As to Howeda's question of whether any student can file a complaint against any other student, in this case the alleged victim is actually a student at another school, so it appears the EOAA can hear cases/render decisions on incidents as long as they involve at least one U of M student? I would think that, given their lesser standards for burden of proof, that they should only be able to hear cases involving incidents that occur between their students.

It’s sad that he (allegedly) couldn’t keep his hands to himself / take no for an answer.

I have heard a disturbing story about Reggie that allegedly occurred after the first police investigation. The guy is messed up and deserves no sympathy. I even considered contacting the athletic department but I didn’t witness the incident myself so I neglected it. I regret that now

Top Bottom