Design our New Football Field Turf

Livingat45north

Reaction score
Looks like after the MN United move to their new stadium, we'll be getting new turf at TCF. Should we stay with the traditional look, or go with something new?

Here's my something new (careful oldtimers, this may make your head explode...)
-- First, ditch the old boring green and go with gold, something like the gold in this pic. It meshes with the TCF bank stadium, and I think a gold field would be great. Use maroon end zones and maroon striping.
-- Second (and here's where we go elite), put fiber optic strands in the field so we can light it up -- just a sprinkling of fiber, say one or two strands per square yard of turf. I couldn't find a pic of this, but saw it done at Disney in their sidewalks. Run strands of fibers that'll add "sparkle" to the field. I actually tried pulling a patent on this idea about 10 years ago (the idea of integrating fiber optic lighting strands with field turf), but someone had all ready beat me to the submission.

Oars should definitely replace the hash marks....Like, actual Oars.

The field in the new field house looks great. Basically what we used to have: Normal field, maroon end zones with gold "Minnesota" written inside. Block M center. In addition, the new field house has an inlaid picture of the state in gold, with a maroon star on the twin cities. Though it was a very nice touch.

With the TCF deal that was extended a few months back, there will also be inlaid "TCF Bank Stadium" branding most likely.

TL;DR It will probably be the same field as in the new facilities, with added TCF Bank Stadium branding.

I actually like the current look of the field with the green end zones & the maroon border outside of the white line from the 25 yd lines on in.....

If a change was to be made, I'd go similar to the rose bowl with a maroon painted end zone, but kind of a green border around the the end line. The Rose Bowl always has the most immaculate looking field & anything that's done to try to duplicate that is a good thing.

I always liked how LSU does their endzone. Do the student section gold with maroon letters (since the students wear more gold) and the west endzone maroon with gold letters. Agree with the above poster, it will likely match the new practice facility minus the Minnesota logo (which is badass) due to new TCF sponsorship agreement.

mag_odogtigstad_13.jpg

Nobody has mentioned getting the shade of maroon yet?

I think each end zone should say "Gold Country"

+1, there's on old picture of those end zones. We've had them before and they looked awesome. I'll try and find pictures to post after the kid goes to bed.

I actually like the current look of the field with the green end zones & the maroon border outside of the white line from the 25 yd lines on in.....

If a change was to be made, I'd go similar to the rose bowl with a maroon painted end zone, but kind of a green border around the the end line. The Rose Bowl always has the most immaculate looking field & anything that's done to try to duplicate that is a good thing.

I watched the Rose Bowl on Tuesday and had my annual fantasy about seeing "MINNESOTA" in one of the end zones, but I think the Rose Bowl would choose gold background with maroon letters because it would pop more on TV (and because Golden Gophers). Would depend on the colors of the opposing team, of course.

nm

Attachments

• gopher field.jpg
    gopher field.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 155

Turning's layout is Nekton ELITE :clap: Tone down the yellow just a bit to make it more gold, and we're set.

E L I T E

I9iLSlI.jpg
Yeah, I like it. [emoji14] We would never know exactly where we are on the field. The refs could totally screw us with bad ball spots.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Weren't the Gophers robbed of a touchdown catch against Purdue back in the Metrodome (I don't remember which year) because the gold endzone paint was not actually butting up against the side/end lines but was offset by a few inches? I seem to recall the ref assumed the gold paint was the boundary and when the Gopher player's toe landed outside the gold (but still within the white boundary lines) he ruled him out of bounds.
Regardless, I would say at least put a font/design that is actually used by the team, and not a generic helvetica like they have now. And, paint the entire endzone - from boundary line to boundary line!

Yeah, I like it. [emoji14] We would never know exactly where we are on the field. The refs could totally screw us with bad ball spots.

Needs a yellow that matches the color of beer. We can get Budweiser to sponsor the field. Also, the lines need to be Maroon, not white. Finally, have the words "Gold Country" written in the end zones with a pot of goldys and a rainbow across the field in support of the LGBTQ community. It will be the ultimate PC field!
dfa3ee54fe7405c67a51b6514ce4fd74.jpg

Needs a yellow that matches the color of beer. We can get Budweiser to sponsor the field. Also, the lines need to be Maroon, not white. Finally, have the words "Gold Country" written in the end zones with a pot of goldys and a rainbow across the field in support of the LGBTQ community. It will be the ultimate PC field!
We should shape the playing field like a row boat then we can have the players hold oars and row them across the spectators.

I say, bring back this turf. Hosted many BIG and nat'l championship teams

memorial-stadium-1924.jpg

Attachments

• Memorial-Stadium-1955.jpg
    Memorial-Stadium-1955.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 71
  • remote.jpg
    remote.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 10571c77eddcf229a948739fdfca919f--university-of-minnesota-twin-cities.jpg
    10571c77eddcf229a948739fdfca919f--university-of-minnesota-twin-cities.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 68

Wrong shade of gold...

Top Bottom