Design our New Football Field Turf

Another advantage to having gold turf, if we go full banana we can do this anywhere on the field.

I'd assume the B1G would force the Gophers to not wear gold at home if they had the gold field. I know MWC did that to Boise.

That said, I'd be fine with a gold field either way. If they did it (which I highly doubt), I think it'd be a "dead grass" shade of tan rather than any gold used on uniforms.

I'm sure it will be very similar to the pre-Vikings field, with RTB replacing Brick by Brick and the current font. Which I'm OK with...

Maybe go with Q. Carroll Field instead. Then if the NCAA asks, we tell them it's in honor of Quimby Carroll. Don't want to get in trouble.

Maybe go with Q. Carroll Field instead. Then if the NCAA asks, we tell them it's in honor of Quimby Carroll. Don't want to get in trouble.

Perfect, I don't know who Quimby Carroll is but as long as it gets Quinn Carroll here then I'm all on board with it.

I'd assume the B1G would force the Gophers to not wear gold at home if they had the gold field. I know MWC did that to Boise.

That said, I'd be fine with a gold field either way. If they did it (which I highly doubt), I think it'd be a "dead grass" shade of tan rather than any gold used on uniforms.

I'm sure it will be very similar to the pre-Vikings field, with RTB replacing Brick by Brick and the current font. Which I'm OK with...

From 2011-13. Then, Boise began looking at a potential departure to the Big East. MWC lifted the ban. Then, the NCAA rules advisory committee stated that teams could wear same colored uniforms as their turf. Boise wears all blue at home games quite regularly. NCAA would have over ruled the conference decision in 2013 regardless of the threat for a potential for Big East departure.

Blood dries sort of maroonish. At least it does on my clothes.

So maybe we start with a white field and decorate it with the blood of our enemies.....

From 2011-13. Then, Boise began looking at a potential departure to the Big East. MWC lifted the ban. Then, the NCAA rules advisory committee stated that teams could wear same colored uniforms as their turf. Boise wears all blue at home games quite regularly. NCAA would have over ruled the conference decision in 2013 regardless of the threat for a potential for Big East departure.

Would’ve been pretty awkward for teams like Baylor, Michigan State, Oregon, south Florida, etc if uniforms the same color as the field were banned

Would’ve been pretty awkward for teams like Baylor, Michigan State, Oregon, south Florida, etc if uniforms the same color as the field were banned

Correct. Which is how / why the Rules Committee reached that decision.

Top Bottom