Gophers vs Cal announcers

gophersfan

Reaction score
it will be on ESPN

ESPN: Dave Pasch, Bob Griese, Chris Spielman are your guys calling the game.

I don't like Chris Spielman at all. I'd even rather have Pam Ward. But, I'll be at the game so it doesn't matter. I think the Todd Blackledge & Mike Patrick combo may be my favorite (Keith Jackson & Frank Broyles vintage 1980's would be my all-time favorites).

How did Griese fall so far from the top spot? I think he is pretty good.

Todd Blackledge moved ahead of Griese this year and is now with MN native Brad Nessler. Like Griese, Spielman also moved down the chain this year. He was with Sean McDonough in the past but made way for Matt Millen. It makes sense to have Blackledge move up - he was the top CBS analyst paired with MN native Verne Lundquist before CBS moved to Gary Danielson. I would have liked to see Millen start out lower on the chain.

That being said - both Griese and Spielman are still a big step ahead of other analysts like Andre Ware, Ray Bentley, David Diaz-Infante, and Brock Huard.

Pasch hasn't been around for that long but I like his high-energy emphasis on big plays, and is intelligent. (How many times did he have to correct Andre Ware last year on something dumb Ware said about what a coach should do).

Top Bottom