ESPN: LSU DC Dave Aranda remains nation's top-paid assistant with new 4-year, $10M

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

College football's highest-paid assistant coach is staying at LSU and getting even richer.

LSU head coach Ed Orgeron announced Wednesday night on Twitter that defensive coordinator Dave Aranda has agreed to remain with the Tigers.

Aranda is receiving a new four-year contract that will pay him $2.5 million annually, a source told ESPN. The entire $10 million deal is guaranteed.

According to USA Today's head coaches' salary data base, only 46 head coaches at FBS schools made more than $2.5 million last year. Orgeron himself makes $3.5 million per year.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...oordinator-dave-aranda-new-four-year-10m-deal

Go Gophers!!

per ESPN:

College football's highest-paid assistant coach is staying at LSU and getting even richer.

LSU head coach Ed Orgeron announced Wednesday night on Twitter that defensive coordinator Dave Aranda has agreed to remain with the Tigers.

Aranda is receiving a new four-year contract that will pay him $2.5 million annually, a source told ESPN. The entire $10 million deal is guaranteed.

According to USA Today's head coaches' salary data base, only 46 head coaches at FBS schools made more than $2.5 million last year. Orgeron himself makes $3.5 million per year.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...oordinator-dave-aranda-new-four-year-10m-deal

Go Gophers!!
That's funny. Yesterday ESPN had him going to join Jimbo at Texas A.M.

Aranda is obviously a special talent at DC.

His 3-4 defense lives on today at Wisconsin. LSU liked what they saw so much after the 2014 game that they pryed him away with a truckload of cash, a year after Andersen left. Obviously Chryst would've liked to keep him, but Wisc doesn't have SEC money for football assistant coaches.

Did Ed just announce his own replacement is staying?

Surprised he hasn't landed a HC job.

Wonder if the chain of DC replacements could make it to Robb Smith?? He just got here a year ago after being DC at Arkansas under Bielema for three years.

I think he did... it is just not official yet.

That’s the only reason any AD agrees to pay an assistant this much.
Now when LSU loses to Miami and the LSU boosters try to run Ed out of town he can use Aranda to hold thing together.

Why has Claeys not landed a job yet?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That’s the only reason any AD agrees to pay an assistant this much.
Now when LSU loses to Miami and the LSU boosters try to run Ed out of town he can use Aranda to hold thing together.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking.

I've already heard from LSU fans who suddenly remember how they used to make fun of Ed when he was at Ole Miss... pretty sure Aranda is just there to take over eventually.

Top Bottom