Verdict on the Student Seats

gopherguy06

Reaction score
So, any verdict on the student tickets? Was everyone allowed in? Were there scanners? Any non-students get in?

How was the student entrance an what not?

I don't know about the entrance, but a few guys who had scalped seats just walked over to the student section through the seats and sat there.

we got in line at about 5 and it was probably a 20 minute wait to get in. lines were huge. lots of studentscut in line which was annoying but oh well. they did not scan. they checked your U card and made sure you matched up with it.

My guy literally didnt look at the id card. He took and made sure the ticket looked legit and didnt even grab the id card. I know a few grads that got in and you know what I'm relieved, they cheered just as loud as everyone else and probably enjoyed it more than those stupid freshmen.

At the top of the student section id's were checked before they were let down into the section, and one of my buddies had his id checked in the section as well. Obviously security is not on the same page yet.

My guy made sure my student ID matched my face, which was difficult-ish because of my face paint. ;) There were no scanners.

There were 10 or 12 lines alternating guys/girls for the pat-down. The lines were very, very long. Near the gate, it was more of a mob than a bunch of lines. Luckily my group was there at 4 (a half hour before the gates opened).

They checked for student tickets again as we lined up inside the concourse to go down into our sections. They gave wristbands to the people as they went down there so that students who showed up later would not be able to go into the lower deck.

we got in line at about 5 and it was probably a 20 minute wait to get in. lines were huge. lots of studentscut in line which was annoying but oh well. they did not scan. they checked your U card and made sure you matched up with it.

Well, I got in line at 4:45 and I got in to the stadium at 5:50, so I don't know what you are talking about. At 4:45 the line was wrapped around to the gate to the left of the student entrance and was barely moving.

They did not even look at an ID for me - not when scanning the ticket, not when going in to the student section, nothing. I don't think they had a very set practice and probably became more lax as they realized students weren't getting in fast enough . I thought it was great that most students showed up to get in over an hour before kickoff. Here's to hoping they work out the kinks by next week.

Well I got in line around 4:50 and was in the stadium about a half an hour after that, my friends and I got seats in row 23 of section 129. One of my friends was a recent grad so he borrowed another guy's ID that doesn't have tickets but they didn't even question the ID to ticket not matching. There were multiple Student section lines, one extended straight out from the entrance, the other wrapped around.

so it sounds like their intent is to check U-Cards & make sure they match-up....

assuming their is not a huge crash of students all at once, which i think last night's unique environment lent itself to.

anyways, glad to hear that they are in fact checking U-Card ID's as it helps makes sure that only U of M students are in the student section and not fat slobs from other schools trying to score cheap tickets off of students. ;)

I had my Ucard out but the only person that checked was the usher at the top of the stairs and even then he just looked to see I had it and didnt really look at the pic

Yeah, there weren't any Air Force fans trying to get into the stadium through our Gate. When there are apparent visiting fans, they will be checked thoroughly, I am positive.

It will be an unwritten policy for the staff and I am so glad they will do it this way. :)

Top Bottom