UCF Knights will raise a national championship banner.

Huh? So there is some other metric that proves a certain team is absolutly the "best"? And this team would always win a given matchup with all certainty? Talk about taking the fun out of it.

I'm saying that a playoff is no better a metric than having the polls decide after watching an entire season of play.

They are my champion! Not sure why there still playing meaningless college football exhibition games! 13-0 national champs!

In our current setup.....a team like UCF will never have an opportunity for an NC playing in the American. They went 13-0 and beat Auburn (who beat the two teams playing in the NC). The NCAA might not recognize an NC.....but UCF can recognize it for all I care.

In our current setup.....a team like UCF will never have an opportunity for an NC playing in the American. They went 13-0 and beat Auburn (who beat the two teams playing in the NC). The NCAA might not recognize an NC.....but UCF can recognize it for all I care.

A team playing a regular season schedule like UCF will never have a shot, and shouldn't in my opinion.

That is about where I am with this as well. The current system will only recognize the helmet schools. In the current system the only big ten teams that have a chance at winning a national title is Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State. I don't know how Michigan State was able to get into the playoffs a couple of years ago, but that was there one chance. The committee was looking for any reason to keep Wisconsin out of the playoffs.

That is about where I am with this as well. The current system will only recognize the helmet schools. In the current system the only big ten teams that have a chance at winning a national title is Penn State, Michigan, and Ohio State. I don't know how Michigan State was able to get into the playoffs a couple of years ago, but that was there one chance. The committee was looking for any reason to keep Wisconsin out of the playoffs.

Wisconsin gets in if the beat Ohio St this year. It's harder to get in if you're not a helmet school but it isn't impossible.

Good for them. It's more deserved than several Alabama claimed championships.

"If you take the long view of the history of college football, there's an awful lot of national championships being claimed by universities that didn't accomplish what we accomplished this year in those respective seasons so we feel we're more than justified to claim our first national championship, and we think it'll be the first of many," White told ESPN.com.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...cf-knights-raise-national-championship-banner

This debate will last through all of our lifetimes. The best solution I have read is the 8 team playoff. Even with that we will still be having this debate. There are so many pathetic bowl games that no one travels for. If UCF wants to raise a banner, allow it. They deserved a chance at the playoff. This team beat national championship contenders and went undefeated. Why should they be punished for their conference?

"We're going to win the Big Ten championship and we're going to take the Gopher Nation to Pasadena. That's my dream, that's my goal and that's my belief. It will happen here sooner rather than later." -- Tim Brewster

This debate will last through all of our lifetimes. The best solution I have read is the 8 team playoff. Even with that we will still be having this debate. There are so many pathetic bowl games that no one travels for. If UCF wants to raise a banner, allow it. They deserved a chance at the playoff. This team beat national championship contenders and went undefeated. Why should they be punished for their conference?

"We're going to win the Big Ten championship and we're going to take the Gopher Nation to Pasadena. That's my dream, that's my goal and that's my belief. It will happen here sooner rather than later." -- Tim Brewster

UCF beat national championship contenders? It's questionable whether UCF would've even made an 8 team playoff. They aren't punished for their conference, they just aren't rewarded for it. Then they schedule 2 fcs teams to boot.

Pretty sure anyone in the big10 who goes undefeated or has one loss when their aren't a bunch of other good one loss teams will get in.

UCF beat national championship contenders? It's questionable whether UCF would've even made an 8 team playoff. They aren't punished for their conference, they just aren't rewarded for it. Then they schedule 2 fcs teams to boot.

To be fair they scheduled one fcs team (Maine) which was canceled because of hurricane irma scheduling issues. Then they rescheduled the game with a different fcs team. (Austin Prey).

To be fair they scheduled one fcs team (Maine) which was canceled because of hurricane irma scheduling issues. Then they rescheduled the game with a different fcs team. (Austin Prey).

Fair enough, I didn't realize that was a rescheduled game. But if I'm not in a P5 conference and my goal is a national championship, I would try to load up my non-conference schedule.

This is silly. Any Big Ten team that goes undefeated will make the CFP, 100%. Iowa would've made it 2 years ago had they won the Big Ten championship game, and wisconsin would've made it this year had they done the same.

Anybody can pretend to win a championship if they want. It is kind of pathetic, but it is everyone's choice.

Anybody can pretend to win a championship if they want. It is kind of pathetic, but it is everyone's choice.

I like this.
I will be raising my Internet Message Board National Championship banner this weekend. 2017 was a great year for Spoofin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How do you figure?

I thought I saw somewhere where their strength of schedule rankings were pretty close. This was before the bowl games of course. Either way, it's not like Alabama beat anyone in the regular season either. Their best win was over LSU who lost to a FCS team.

I thought I saw somewhere where their strength of schedule rankings were pretty close. This was before the bowl games of course. Either way, it's not like Alabama beat anyone in the regular season either. Their best win was over LSU who lost to a FCS team.

Alabama was 9th before the bowl games, UCF was 67th. LSU did not lose to a FCS team either. FSU was ranked top 5 when Bama played them, but they lost their star QB and their season unraveled.

Alabama was 9th before the bowl games, UCF was 67th. LSU did not lose to a FCS team either. FSU was ranked top 5 when Bama played them, but they lost their star QB and their season unraveled.

I agree with your thoughts on FSU. That's why I give Bama at least a partial pass on the scheduling stuff. They legitimately tried to play a top 5 team on a neutral field. There's no way they could have known FSU would lose their QB in game 1 and see their season spiral out of control.

I agree with your thoughts on FSU. That's why I give Bama at least a partial pass on the scheduling stuff. They legitimately tried to play a top 5 team on a neutral field. There's no way they could have known FSU would lose their QB in game 1 and see their season spiral out of control.

Interesting, though, that the game was scheduled in the South. I won't ever give any SEC team credit for nonconference scheduling until they actually play a legitimate team in a road game north of the Mason-Dixon line.

By virtue of family, Florida is sort of my "second team," but I don't really follow them or watch their games or anything typically associated with fanhood. When they played Michigan at Jerry World to open their season this year, it was their first nonconference game outside of the state of Florida since 1991 (!). Even then, they were too big of pansies to actually travel to the Big House and play there. It's ridiculous.

I like this.
I will be raising my Internet Message Board National Championship banner this weekend. 2017 was a great year for Spoofin.

Clearly an outlier.

Interesting, though, that the game was scheduled in the South. I won't ever give any SEC team credit for nonconference scheduling until they actually play a legitimate team in a road game north of the Mason-Dixon line.

By virtue of family, Florida is sort of my "second team," but I don't really follow them or watch their games or anything typically associated with fanhood. When they played Michigan at Jerry World to open their season this year, it was their first nonconference game outside of the state of Florida since 1991 (!). Even then, they were too big of pansies to actually travel to the Big House and play there. It's ridiculous.

I don't disagree. It would be better for fans if more teams would do that. Georgia did it this year playing at Notre Dame. But it would be great to see more home/home series between B1G and SEC/ACC teams. I like it that the Gophs have Miss St on the future schedule. Obviously a long time until that one happens though.

Top Bottom