***OFFICIAL ILLINOIS AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

Ok, time for Jelly to slow it up and make some good decisions. 2 turnovers and a quick errant shot isn't what we need now.

Washington just keeps chucking. Difficult for Pitino as you need him but man he has got to start moving the ball around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really like the intensity on both ends so far. Playing with some fire. Keep it up!

Good rebound from Washington, good cut from Hurt, too bad they didn't get points.

Konate really needs to learn how to squeeze those rebounds....swear he drops them all.

Could be a lot worse only down 13? With four points in 10 minutes?

They need to finish this half by attacking the rim over and over. Additional fouls to Black and Finke would be huge for second half.

Not really sure if I should be impressed with how we're playing, or be concerned that the lead is probably a direct result of Illinois playing terribly and starting the game 0-20 from the floor. Either way, it's good to see them get up early. Dropping this game would be devastating.

Let's just hope they don't switch to a 3-man rotation on the floor.

IW still jacking them up - pass the ball.

He is a good shooter, if he starts hitting that shot we are a top 15 team. I don’t mind him taking it. Other guys are chucking too.

Yahoo says Mcbrayer is 0-5 from 3

Washington takes so many bad shots early in the clock that they're just deflating.

Have to get back the defensive intensity. We let them score 18 points in ~ the last 7 minutes.

Agreed. Need to start off the second half with some good solid defense and get them in foul trouble early again.

Really liked the way they played that half...good energy on both ends. Hoping they can keep up the energy in the second half.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

That was only a bad shot because he missed.

I do think IW is extremely talented and will develop into a great PG. However, going into the new year he was 6-40 from the 3 point line. Yes he needs to shoot but many of his shots are taken quickly and not in the flow of the offense.

I like the score but the later part of the half wasn't great. Too many turnovers and too many bad shots early in the clock.

But the beginning of the half was amazing. Illinois missing open shots helped, but the Gophers looked really strong.

I do think IW is extremely talented and will develop into a great PG. However, going into the new year he was 6-40 from the 3 point line. Yes he needs to shoot but many of his shots are taken quickly and not in the flow of the offense.
I like the fact that he's being agressive. Personally, I thought his three earlier in the half with a guy flying out at him off the bounce was a worse shot than that last one. He was wide open on the one in transition.

Overall a decent first half but the Illini got too many easy buckets in the last five minutes.

What happened to the “lights out” intros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's an awful shot because he not shown any competency in making it to date. Horrible decision.

Sample size

Wide open shot with guys under the hoop. Not a bad shot. If he makes it, great shot. If he misses, you’re upset.

good job against the zone in that trip...

Top Bottom