CBS: Ohio State legend Cris Carter rips Michigan HC Jim Harbaugh after Outback Bowl

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per CBS:

After his second straight New Year's Day bowl loss, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is coming under fire again. This time, it's from former Ohio State receiver and Pro Football Hall of Famer Cris Carter. Carter criticized Harbaugh's lack of "creativity" with the Michigan offense, as the Wolverines lost to South Carolina in Monday's Outback Bowl in an ugly offensive performance.

Brandon Peters had a horrific game, going 20 for 44 for 186 yards and two interceptions. Michigan's offense simply looked lost all game, and the team managed only 19 points -- kicking several field goals and missing opportunities in the red zone. This culminated in a red zone interception from Peters on a ball that should never have been thrown.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...chigan-coach-jim-harbaugh-after-outback-bowl/

Go Gophers!!

Amani Toomer had similar frustrations a few weeks ago.

https://www.si.com/college-football...ani-toomer-compares-jim-harbaugh-paris-hilton

"I'm a frustrated fan. I think that what Michigan signed up for was a Nick Saban, an Urban Meyer. We signed up for somebody who was going to come in and change the culture," Toomer said. "I mean, he had a great first year. The first two years I was excited, but last year he had his best team and they lose to Ohio State? That was a heartbreaker.

"And this year they lose to Ohio State embarrassingly. They lose to Michigan State, another embarrassment. I just think that we deserve better than this."

It's probably not unwarranted, although it might be crazy to think they'd rock the boat too much at this point - if next year doesn't result in wins over MSU and/or Ohio State, or 10+ wins, there will be real calls for change in Ann Arbor. He's being paid an obscene amount of money (top three in the nation if I remember correctly) and has yet to go better than 10-3, hasn't beaten Ohio State, and has a losing record against MSU. In fact, his record through three seasons (28-11) is the same as Kevin Sumlin's was at Texas A&M through three seasons. The Michigan fan base expects more, for right or wrong.

Maybe he should have been watching his own film instead of The Bears offensive film. Maybe a trip to Asia for the team this year. He is very overrated.

https://www.si.com/college-football...ani-toomer-compares-jim-harbaugh-paris-hilton

It's probably not unwarranted, although it might be crazy to think they'd rock the boat too much at this point - if next year doesn't result in wins over MSU and/or Ohio State, or 10+ wins, there will be real calls for change in Ann Arbor. He's being paid an obscene amount of money (top three in the nation if I remember correctly) and has yet to go better than 10-3, hasn't beaten Ohio State, and has a losing record against MSU. In fact, his record through three seasons (28-11) is the same as Kevin Sumlin's was at Texas A&M through three seasons. The Michigan fan base expects more, for right or wrong.

I'll start the PJ Fleck to Michigan coaching rumor now.

He probably has to beat both MSU and OSU next year to keep his job which is not going to be easy since both games are on the road. Just a reality of coaching at Michigan, if you don't beat Ohio State you won't be around long.

per CBS:

After his second straight New Year's Day bowl loss, Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh is coming under fire again. This time, it's from former Ohio State receiver and Pro Football Hall of Famer Cris Carter. Carter criticized Harbaugh's lack of "creativity" with the Michigan offense, as the Wolverines lost to South Carolina in Monday's Outback Bowl in an ugly offensive performance.

Brandon Peters had a horrific game, going 20 for 44 for 186 yards and two interceptions. Michigan's offense simply looked lost all game, and the team managed only 19 points -- kicking several field goals and missing opportunities in the red zone. This culminated in a red zone interception from Peters on a ball that should never have been thrown.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.cbssports.com/college-f...chigan-coach-jim-harbaugh-after-outback-bowl/

Go Gophers!!

CC...completely unbiased when it comes to Mich. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure Harbaugh knows he needs to win big. I think he's very motivated to try to get them to the championship. Don't see him going anywhere soon.

He probably has to beat both MSU and OSU next year to keep his job which is not going to be easy since both games are on the road. Just a reality of coaching at Michigan, if you don't beat Ohio State you won't be around long.

Harbaugh's probably got 2 years until they consider firing him. He's still an alum that took a team to a Super Bowl. It would be a tough sell to someone who would be considered better if they have a quick hook with him.

CC...completely unbiased when it comes to Mich. :rolleyes:

Pretty sure Harbaugh knows he needs to win big. I think he's very motivated to try to get them to the championship. Don't see him going anywhere soon.

He should be motivated to improve their passing game first.
They threw 9 TDs this year. Navy threw 10 TDs on 99 attempted passes.

I like it when anyone throws crap at Michigan & Harbaugh.... but this is Cris Carter... also one of the biggest horses arses' to ever play the game. Tempers it a bit for me.

Harbaugh's probably got 2 years until they consider firing him. He's still an alum that took a team to a Super Bowl. It would be a tough sell to someone who would be considered better if they have a quick hook with him.

Harbaugh may be a pro coach in a week or two.

Well yeah Peters did suck, play calling was timid (until it was unduly aggressive) and lacked creativity, but hey CC, maybe Harbaugh should have had people around him to take the fall!

I think Michigan is a top 10 team next year. I think Harbaugh should stay at least 1 more year to see what he can do

Michigan was projected to not be all that spectacular this past year... and they weren't....

Maybe Chris could find Jim a fall guy or something:

Winning is the super glue that makes everything go together.

Grand prize winner.

If you win football games, there are almost no lengths that people won't go to throw a carpet over whatever "dirt" you bring along with you.

Wait, I thought it was ridiculous to expect results out of a coach until year 5, or something? Clearly Carter and Toomer need to be educated on the nuances of college football.

Top Bottom