Sam Maresh

Can someone with a bit more knowledge over Sam's situation comment on the possibility of Sam ever coming back to be the 4* recruit he was out of high school? I'm pulling hard for him, but just wondering if its even possible after all hes gone through.

How is his explosiveness, quickness, etc. from the tumor in his calf? Is that still a big issue for him?

I can tell you that anything Sam is able to do on the football field is a miracle and his true disire to play football. I have the same thing as Sam. I was told by my doctor not to lift weights any more because of the strain on the heart. I spoke with someone that was a body builder & they stopped lifting after they found out about their bicupid. I have not needed to have my valve replaced yet. I am really amazed as to what Sam has been able to do so far after his surgery. My wife just had a heart transplant on Feb 22, so I know what heart surgery can do to a person. So I would say if Sam is just able to be out there and play that we should be very happy about that. If he can go out and regain that old 4* star ability, that would only add to the miracle. He's my hero already.

I can tell you that anything Sam is able to do on the football field is a miracle and his true disire to play football. I have the same thing as Sam. I was told by my doctor not to lift weights any more because of the strain on the heart. I spoke with someone that was a body builder & they stopped lifting after they found out about their bicupid. I have not needed to have my valve replaced yet. I am really amazed as to what Sam has been able to do so far after his surgery. My wife just had a heart transplant on Feb 22, so I know what heart surgery can do to a person. So I would say if Sam is just able to be out there and play that we should be very happy about that. If he can go out and regain that old 4* star ability, that would only add to the miracle. He's my hero already.

Right, and I'm not downplaying how great it is that he is even active at this point, nor do I want to seem like I'm ignoring that fact and just caring about what he does for our program on the field. But after watching that story (and having seen other stories on Sam in the past), it honestly seems like he himself almost puts football above all the other stuff (because the game really means that much to him). So that is really why I am asking someone to comment on the football side of things at this point (because that seems to be how Sam is thinking about it too), and I just want to know if with the heart and now the tumor, if it is realistic Sam will be able to realize his dream (of being that big-time dominate MLB he was on track to be).

Lets leave this post to that kind of commentary and not how Sam recovery is a miracle in itself, we've had hundreds of those posts (and deservantly so) that we have all expressed how happy we all are he just ended up healthy.

Hopefully I don't come across as insensative, not my intentions here. Basically my question/comments are derived from listening to Sam and his family and their frame of mind. Thanks.

Maresh

So did I miss Maresh and the flag at the beginning. I looked and I did not see him lead the team out but I thought I saw somewhere he had a flag on the field. Does anyone have knowledge of what he did or video of it.

Also--are they planning on red shirting him this year for sure

So did I miss Maresh and the flag at the beginning. I looked and I did not see him lead the team out but I thought I saw somewhere he had a flag on the field. Does anyone have knowledge of what he did or video of it.

Also--are they planning on red shirting him this year for sure

He was in the middle of the pack, and the flag was never unrolled when he left the tunnel, so it was not as amazing as it could have been. The way Brewster was talking he would be the first guy out of the tunnel, but he was more like guy #50. Sam tried to unroll the flag as he ran, but only got it about halfway by the time he got to the sideline. Hopefully they can do something like that again.

Top Bottom