Who do you think will win the All-SEC national championship? Georgia or Alabama?

Who do you think will win the All-SEC national championship? Georgia or Alabama?

• Georgia wins

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Alabama wins

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters
I hope Alabama wins so that the third best team in the SEC and the second best team in Alabama is also the best team in the United States...thus proving the south won the civil war

I don't much care.
I'd sooner GA win.
So therefore I think Bama wins.

Alabama. And even though I really dislike how they set-up the chance or an all-SEC National Championship game the game will be on our TV.

I'll be watching because it could be a good game and for the historical significance of the game.

It will be only the 11th time in 40 years that Georgia will be playing Alabama. Historically that's how the SEC protects their guys on top.

I guess it is a matter of opinion but I don’t agree with the statement that the frequency of Georgia and Alabama playing each other is how the “SEC protects their guys on top.” Georgia winning the SEC this year is just their 3rd conference title in 35 years. What is the SEC protecting Alabama from by not playing Georgia? It probably has more to do with simple history and they way rivalries developed over the years. Georgia and Alabama have never been strong rivals and have only been “acquaintances” if you will in the SEC. No different than Minnesota with Michigan State and Ohio State, whom the Gophers haven’t played near as much as Georgia and Alabama have over the years. Each school has its traditional rivalries it protects and rotates through the other schools once in a blue moon. Georgia plays LSU next year, Texas A&M in 2019 and Alabama pops up again in 2020.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14th Time since 1976. You are correct, they rarely meet. They also protect themselves by rarely playing North of the Mason-Dixon line in out of conference games. I give GA credit for scheduling a road game in South Bend earlier in the year.

Cheering for GA. Took them last March at 30-1 odds so that pretty much guarantees an Alabama victory and worthless ticket.

The Bulldogs have an upcoming home and home with UCLA in a few years. Georgia also had a home and home tentatively set up at one time with Ohio State but if memory serves the Buckeyes backed out for some reason I think. I’ve gotten the feeling from the current AD there along with Smart that this is something they want to do on a more regular basis. The fans down here really like it and have proven they will travel to support that team.

Other SEC teams are starting to travel as well. Auburn has a home and home setup with Penn State. Tennessee has one with Nebraska. LSU has a couple in the coming years with Colorado and Arizona State and lets not for get that we have one setup with Mississippi State.

I wish the Gophers would contact Georgia or Georgia Tech about a home and home, especially since we recruit that state pretty hard now.

I pick Georgia with its aggressive punishing defense.

I was a freshman at UGA when Georgia's 1976 team beat Bear Bryant's Crimson Tide 21-0 in Athens.

Athens was rocking that night...several years before the B-52s and REM hit the scene.

It was glorious that afternoon. Google is not helping to find out how many times Bama was ever blanked in a game...but it happened at least once "Between the Hedges."

Not likely to happen on Monday but U2 and I can certainly dream.

I'll watch because it will be a great game. It is perplexing you can get into the "playoffs" without even winning your division. OSU should have been in the playoffs being BIG champions regardless of their record.

I'll watch because it will be a great game. It is perplexing you can get into the "playoffs" without even winning your division. OSU should have been in the playoffs being BIG champions regardless of their record.

Ohio State did not deserve to be in the final four. You can’t get your ass handed to you by Iowa and loose like they did to Oklahoma at home and expect to get in. It shouldn’t even be argued.

If I was to bet, it would be Alabama. But I really, really hope I'm wrong. Go Dawgs!

If I was to bet, it would be Alabama. But I really, really hope I'm wrong. Go Dawgs!

Really interesting article in a Georgia newspaper about Kirby Smart and his recruiting system. One of the reasons he got the HC was the fact he actually showed a flow chart on recruiting in his initial interview. To fulfill his recruiting system, he hired 9 full time recruiting staff ($500,000 according to the article) that did not coach, but just worked in the office organizing the coaches who did the actual recruiting. They contacted every recruit EVERDAY -when legal- but also contacted coaches, parents, high school coaches throughout the nation. He also hired another 60 parttimers who were available for college visits, coordinating academic requirements,etc. Apparently there isn't NCCA regulation/s on number of office staff used in recruiting. He modeled his system after Saban in Alabama. Perhaps this explains their recruiting rankings.

Forgot to mention goggle Georgia recruiting system if you are interested in reading the article.

Hopefully GA...probably Bama.

Are TV ratings still calculated using Nielsen ratings? I'm curious how the ratings play out...money and viewership are big drivers. If ratings suck, might make the committee think twice about two schools from the same conference. Saw an article or something on TV saying the B1G footprint contains 1/4 of the US population - so ratings will be interesting since the B1G was shafted in the minds of a lot of people.

The Bulldogs have an upcoming home and home with UCLA in a few years. Georgia also had a home and home tentatively set up at one time with Ohio State but if memory serves the Buckeyes backed out for some reason I think. I’ve gotten the feeling from the current AD there along with Smart that this is something they want to do on a more regular basis. The fans down here really like it and have proven they will travel to support that team.

Other SEC teams are starting to travel as well. Auburn has a home and home setup with Penn State. Tennessee has one with Nebraska. LSU has a couple in the coming years with Colorado and Arizona State and lets not for get that we have one setup with Mississippi State.

I wish the Gophers would contact Georgia or Georgia Tech about a home and home, especially since we recruit that state pretty hard now.

Plus, the Gophers & Mississippi State will match up in the Warmath Bowl in 2026 & 2027!!!!

Ohio State did not deserve to be in the final four. You can’t get your ass handed to you by Iowa and loose like they did to Oklahoma at home and expect to get in. It shouldn’t even be argued.

Losing to Syracuse (high school level team) can get you in though plus OSU beat an undefaeted team in a confrence championship game.

Top Bottom