Who do you think will win the All-SEC national championship? Georgia or Alabama?

Who do you think will win the All-SEC national championship? Georgia or Alabama?

• Georgia wins

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Alabama wins

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score

Bama and will be watching most since I love all college football.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alabama. And even though I really dislike how they set-up the chance or an all-SEC National Championship game the game will be on our TV.

I'll be watching because it could be a good game and for the historical significance of the game.

It will be only the 11th time in 40 years that Georgia will be playing Alabama. Historically that's how the SEC protects their guys on top.

Alabama. And even though I really dislike how they set-up the chance or an all-SEC National Championship game the game will be on our TV.

I'll be watching because it could be a good game and for the historical significance of the game.

It will be only the 11th time in 40 years that Georgia will be playing Alabama. Historically that's how the SEC protects their guys on top.

That last stat is ridiculous. 11 times in 40 years? WTF.

Absolutely will not watch.

I hope it gets the worst ratings in the history of the CFP, by far!!!

Why should anyone in the country outside of the states of Alabama and Georgia give a crap about this game??? NO THANK YOU

Alabama didn't even win its conference.

Alabama will win.

I'm not happy about an all SEC final, but it is what it is. Oklahoma could have won but they didn't. Clemson just laid an egg. I hope Georgia wins though. I'll likely watch as it could be a really good game. The Rose Bowl was sure fun to watch.

Please, let it be GA. Pretty please with sugar on top.

14th Time since 1976. You are correct, they rarely meet. They also protect themselves by rarely playing North of the Mason-Dixon line in out of conference games. I give GA credit for scheduling a road game in South Bend earlier in the year.

Cheering for GA. Took them last March at 30-1 odds so that pretty much guarantees an Alabama victory and worthless ticket.

I got down voted on /r/CFB for commenting this, but I really think this Championship will tank in viewership because it only has 1 conference to draw fans from. Sure there will be college football fans that will watch because its the championship, but they would be watching anyway.

When you have 2 conference, you wind up with fans from other teams in the conferences watching to see the outcome. Some are rooting for their conference, some are rooting against their rival. With 2 teams in the same conference playing, you lose out on a large number of those fans watching, because they count for both teams instead of just 1. It might even go down, because you may lose some SEC fans who don't care because the SEC clinched the title who would have otherwise watched and rooted for SEC.

Say what you want for who deserved to be there, but from a money standpoint I think this was a huge mistake, and the powers that are behind the CFP will try to prevent this from happening again.

I got down voted on /r/CFB for commenting this, but I really think this Championship will tank in viewership because it only has 1 conference to draw fans from. Sure there will be college football fans that will watch because its the championship, but they would be watching anyway.

When you have 2 conference, you wind up with fans from other teams in the conferences watching to see the outcome. Some are rooting for their conference, some are rooting against their rival. With 2 teams in the same conference playing, you lose out on a large number of those fans watching, because they count for both teams instead of just 1. It might even go down, because you may lose some SEC fans who don't care because the SEC clinched the title who would have otherwise watched and rooted for SEC.

Say what you want for who deserved to be there, but from a money standpoint I think this was a huge mistake, and the powers that are behind the CFP will try to prevent this from happening again.

Eh, maybe. The Bama-LSU BCS championship in 2011 wasn't the lowest-rated BCS championship game. Out of the 16 games played, it ranked 14th in ratings (source) - not the best by a long shot, but not the worst. I do think this might be the lowest-rated CFP championship game to date, but I doubt the ratings will tank. Probably a modest decline at worst.

I voted Bama but want Georgia. I'm particularly happy that the Dawgs will be in their home red with the silver britches. Best looking unis in college football.

You are probably right. I don't remember exactly what the TV ratings were, but I believe Bama-LSU for the 2012 BCS championship had the lowest ratings of any title game in modern history. Games like that fail to bring in some of the more casual fans which obviously causes ratings to suffer. And while that may be the case, I'd still rather see a system where they try to get the four best teams even if two are from the same conference. The almighty dollar will surely win out in the end, but if they start taking the ratings into account when picking teams that really de-legitimizes things imo

I'm mostly looking forward to the videos-gone-viral the following day showing drunk Alabama and Georgia fans assaulting each other in the stands.

The very simple, easy, and fair solution to that would be to require CFP teams to be conference champions.

Don't know if it gets done ... probably earliest would be the next contract of the CFP, which isn't for 8 more years.

Hope Georgia wins but don't really care that much either way. To be fair though I really wouldn't have cared much more if either Oklahoma or Clemson was there in place of one of the SEC teams. With those that expect this game to end up ranking near the bottom of the ratings list for championship games as I think a lot of people are sick of Alabama and I really don't think Georgia is that big of a draw either.

Absolutely will not watch.

I hope it gets the worst ratings in the history of the CFP, by far!!!

Why should anyone in the country outside of the states of Alabama and Georgia give a crap about this game??? NO THANK YOU

Alabama didn't even win its conference.

Who cares if they didn't win their conference. This isn't the nfl. They beat the number one seed and had more reason to be there than the teams that didn't. Not a bama. Or saban fan but it is what it is. I was rooting for clemson.

They didn't play during the regular season, so who knows? But I'm so disgusted with an SEC final, that I may not watch it. Oklahoma imploded in its third quarter with Georgia. Oklahoma-Alabama would have been an exciting game.

14th Time since 1976. You are correct, they rarely meet. They also protect themselves by rarely playing North of the Mason-Dixon line in out of conference games. I give GA credit for scheduling a road game in South Bend earlier in the year.

Cheering for GA. Took them last March at 30-1 odds so that pretty much guarantees an Alabama victory and worthless ticket.

True, before the Notre Dame game commentators were saying that Georgia fans had a lot of money saved up for a trip outside the South. Same thing with the Rose Bowl trip.

Used 1978 as a starting point, but they did play in '76 and in '77. If correct they played in '84, '85, '91, '94, '95, '02, '03, '07, '08, '12 and '15. Monday will be the 12th since '78.

Oddly enough, even though Georgia has been in the SEC Title game twice and Alabama 11 times, they've only met there once, in 2012. However, as we learned in the past, not winning your Conference Championship doesn't stop you from playing for the National Championship.

Oh and cheering for Georgia myself.

http://www.winsipedia.com/georgia/vs/alabama

Agreed and count me in as one who will not tune in.

Top Bottom