Is there a chance?

icepirate13

"11 Nagurskis would be murder
Reaction score
Get your team's alerts, highlights, and stories first
GET THE B/R APP
5-Star RB Trey Sanders Announces Decommitment from Alabama
Running back Trey Sanders has dealt a big blow to Alabama's 2019 recruiting class after announcing he was decommitting from the program.
Sanders explained his decision to re-open his recruiting on Twitter:
Sanders verbally committed to the Crimson Tide during his sophomore season in 2016 after visiting the campus in Tuscaloosa.
"I had gone up to Alabama for a visit two weeks ago," he told Drew Champlin of AL.com. "I fell in love with the place. I talked with my parents about it and my family and I was ready to commit on the way back to A-Day."
Currently enrolled at Florida's prestigious IMG Academy, Sanders is one of the nation's best recruits in the 2019 class. He's a 5-star talent ranked as the No. 1 running back prospect in the country, No. 2 player in the state of Florida and No. 10 player overall, per 247Sports.
Sanders had been giving indications he wasn't 100 percent committed to Alabama. He told SEC Country's Zach Abolverdi in October that Florida had moved "pretty high" on his list after visiting Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
Many of the nation's elite programs, including Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Miami and Oklahoma, have offered Sanders a scholarship already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was his roommate from Minnesota too?

You woke up from your dream...

It's not impossible. Just highly unlikely. But you never know. Zach has clearly made an impression on his lineman who bucked the more prestigious offers to come here. I suppose it's not crazy to think that there are more players on that team that consider him to be a guy worthy of following.

I'm going to guess that since he doesn't have a Gopher offer, there is zero chance he'd be interested in coming here.

I'd like for him and Charles Turner to commit, but it is not up to me. :eek:

We already signed the maximum 25. He’d have to come here as a PWO.

Trey Sanders to MN will be a game changer as far as recruiting goes. He may attract other high caliber players.

I am not betting on it to happen.

Hit me with it; give it to me straight

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nFTRwD85AQ4" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What’s the point of this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone with the Gophers even talked to the guy?

He doesn't appear to have an offer from us.

What’s the point of this thread?

Point of the thread to me is a 5 star recruit for 2019 is looking for a school. We have two standout linemen from his team. We have his QB... is it possible he would consider the Gophers? It is an interesting thought to consider imo

It is ruminative gesticulation that is good fodder for Gopherhole.

Point of the thread to me is a 5 star recruit for 2019 is looking for a school. We have two standout linemen from his team. We have his QB... is it possible he would consider the Gophers? It is an interesting thought to consider imo

Are we going to start a thread like this every time one of our commits has a 4 or 5 star teammate? This recruit doesn’t even have an offer from us and it hasn’t been reported anywhere that there is interest on either side. Hell neither Annexstad, Faalele nor Dunlap have even tweeted at him about the gophers and they won’t even be his teammates next year. It’d only be slightly less pointless to speculate if the NCAA will to grant Tom Brady another year of eligibility and if he will chose us if they do.

Are we going to start a thread like this every time one of our commits has a 4 or 5 star teammate? This recruit doesn’t even have an offer from us and it hasn’t been reported anywhere that there is interest on either side. Hell neither Annexstad, Faalele nor Dunlap have even tweeted at him about the gophers and they won’t even be his teammates next year. It’d only be slightly less pointless to speculate if the NCAA will to grant Tom Brady another year of eligibility and if he will chose us if they do.

If somehow PJ can sort of infect all our croots who know someone things could accelerate quickly.... like the Borg...

Who knows what happens behind the scenes and our guys don't have to tweet in case you're wondering. By the way you'll never achieve anything in life without trying.

Are we going to start a thread like this every time one of our commits has a 4 or 5 star teammate?

That would be silly. I'm thinking a single "All things Commit Teammates" thread should do it.

IMG doesn't just love their QB, they love PJ Fleck. There is a chance we could keep having recruiting success if we have developed "that relationship" with their coaching staff.

Get your team's alerts, highlights, and stories first
GET THE B/R APP
5-Star RB Trey Sanders Announces Decommitment from Alabama
Running back Trey Sanders has dealt a big blow to Alabama's 2019 recruiting class after announcing he was decommitting from the program.
Sanders explained his decision to re-open his recruiting on Twitter:
Sanders verbally committed to the Crimson Tide during his sophomore season in 2016 after visiting the campus in Tuscaloosa.
"I had gone up to Alabama for a visit two weeks ago," he told Drew Champlin of AL.com. "I fell in love with the place. I talked with my parents about it and my family and I was ready to commit on the way back to A-Day."
Currently enrolled at Florida's prestigious IMG Academy, Sanders is one of the nation's best recruits in the 2019 class. He's a 5-star talent ranked as the No. 1 running back prospect in the country, No. 2 player in the state of Florida and No. 10 player overall, per 247Sports.
Sanders had been giving indications he wasn't 100 percent committed to Alabama. He told SEC Country's Zach Abolverdi in October that Florida had moved "pretty high" on his list after visiting Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
Many of the nation's elite programs, including Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia, Miami and Oklahoma, have offered Sanders a scholarship already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe there is a chance.

In that case, it would entirely depend on if there is currently an IMG player that would come to Minnesota and would then try to convince this player to come with him. Annexstad is responsible for Dunlap and Faalele coming to the Gophers, as far as I understand.

In that case, it would entirely depend on if there is currently an IMG player that would come to Minnesota and would then try to convince this player to come with him. Annexstad is responsible for Dunlap and Faalele coming to the Gophers, as far as I understand.

You are really hung up on the idea that Annexstad was the sole reason we got Dunlap and Faalele. He played an important part in getting our foot in the door but he is not the sole reason those guys are coming here. They liked what the saw from the campus and the coaching staff and made the decision.

You are really hung up on the idea that Annexstad was the sole reason we got Dunlap and Faalele. He played an important part in getting our foot in the door but he is not the sole reason those guys are coming here. They liked what the saw from the campus and the coaching staff and made the decision.

It is somewhat semantics, but being strict -- you are right and I am wrong. Definitely no the sole reason, strictly speaking.

I think if I can reword it would be more like, without Annexstad we don't even get the opportunity to show Dunlap and Faalele what Minnesota is all about. Without him, neither of those two come to the "elite palooza" recruiting party thing. That recruiting party is what sold them, yes, but neither even come without Annexstad in their ears.

It's why he was treated like the defacto "26th scholarship player", even though that would have been against the rules, and why the staff pushed for him to get special coverage on signing day and in the Star Trib, while the rest of the PWO were ignored. He deserves it!

IMG doesn't just love their QB, they love PJ Fleck. There is a chance we could keep having recruiting success if we have developed "that relationship" with their coaching staff.

Yeah they love Fleck and about 20-30 other P5 coaches, many who have probably been landing players from there for years.

Top Bottom