Thomas Barber & Tyler Jonson are Reclassified as Four-Star Players

hungan1

Reaction score
Per 247SPorts (10/20/2017): Two current Gopher players made it to the 2017 Top 247 Best Player List.

Thomas Barber is rated the 175th best player. He moved up from being a *** 84.25 composite score, National Rank 1005 at NSD to a **** 92.00 composite score.

Tyler Johnson is rated the 240th best player. He moved up from a *** 86.43 composite score, National Rank 561 at NSD to a **** 91.00 composite score.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegePlayerRankings

Per 247SPorts (10/20/2017): Two current Gopher players made it to the 2017 Top 247 Best Player List.

Thomas Barber is rated the 175th best player. He moved up from being a *** 84.25 composite score, National Rank 1005 at NSD to a **** 92.00 composite score.

Tyler Johnson is rated the 240th best player. He moved up from a *** 86.43 composite score, National Rank 561 at NSD to a **** 91.00 composite score.

https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegePlayerRankings

So they reclassify the players based off their college performance? Just for fun basically?

Did they reclassify Eric Decker as a four star? And Hayo Carpenter as a two star?

This is just stupid.

It looks like they just started doing this in 2015 where they rated Steve Richardson as the 212th best player.

With the acquisition of Scout they must need to keep people employed or justify their existence. Why not, they have data analytics for everything nowadays. Some of our jobs are going to be replaced by smart algorithms eventually if not already happening.

How would like to see Reusse and Souhan replaced by robot automaton reporters? :cool02:

They must garner available game stats and other reports. It does not necessarily reflect great contributors to team play who never show up on any game stats.

Kind of a misleading thread title...To be fair, these are not really reclassification's as much as they are just ranking the top players of 2017.

If you look at Johnsons and Barbers actual recruiting profile they have not changed at all. These won't affect past recruiting rankings in any way. Cool to see some of the top players on the list and how they were not top recruits. Shows how a scouts opinion is not always correct.

Yeah, I thought about the title after I posted it. My bad.

So they reclassify the players based off their college performance? Just for fun basically?

To be fair aren't all the rankings just for fun? I mean they're pretty much just for the fans right? I guess coaches might use them as a sort of cliff note guide, but I can't imagine they really care about them.

To be fair aren't all the rankings just for fun? I mean they're pretty much just for the fans right? I guess coaches might use them as a sort of cliff note guide, but I can't imagine they really care about them.

I don't think this is entirely true anymore.

You'll hear recruiting rankings mentioned when coaches are hired/fired. Mark Coyle brought up the rankings on Claeys' class when discussing why the change was made.

Claeys was a better recruiter than people realized...[emoji56]

I don't think this is entirely true anymore.

You'll hear recruiting rankings mentioned when coaches are hired/fired. Mark Coyle brought up the rankings on Claeys' class when discussing why the change was made.

That's true. Although I think that's a pretty weak card to play.

I think coaches using the recruiting rankings is the equivalent to someone that’s working on their PHD thesis using Wikipedia. They both may happen but only to get a very basic idea of a particular recruit/subject that they are trying to find more about. Neither should be depended on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did they classify Adam Thielen as ? A 5 star?

Or he lucked into one of the best in state classes in a long time.

Kinda like saying PJ lucked into a PWO that was able to recruit 2 of his teammates. He still needed to close the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom