Shooter: Former Gopher health updates: Trawick (hip replacement), Cook (stroke), etc.

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shooter:

Former football Gophers: Leon Trawick (defensive end 1967-69), an attorney in Minneapolis, had hip replacement surgery Thursday and is recovering well at Masonic Rehabilitation Center.

Ernie Cook (retired physician and Jim Carter’s fullback understudy, 1969-71), suffered a stroke a few months ago but is doing well.

Craig Curry (QB 1969-71) suffered a serious stroke this month and is struggling with slurred speech and some paralysis.

Curry and Cook, a retired educator, reside in Florida.

https://www.twincities.com/2017/12/...-shurmur-could-be-coaching-bears-next-season/

Go Gophers!!

This reads like a conversation with my elderly mother. At some point most of one's friends, acquaintances, and family are going through medical crises and it tends to be a conversation piece with the older set.

This reads like a conversation with my elderly mother. At some point most of one's friends, acquaintances, and family are going through medical crises and it tends to be a conversation piece with the older set.

You are the old people now.

Don't be an ass. These stories will be about you some day.

I mean that in a good way. We all go through life's transition. We have loved ones that are experiencing challenging events later in their lives. Our time will come.

I lost my oldest sister to cancer, my mom, a niece who committed suicide after service in the Marines in Iraq, and a nephew who was killed in Afghanistan in the Army all in the same year. So really, count your blessings and appreciate each day and the friends and family you have.

per Shooter:

Former football Gophers: Leon Trawick (defensive end 1967-69), an attorney in Minneapolis, had hip replacement surgery Thursday and is recovering well at Masonic Rehabilitation Center.

Ernie Cook (retired physician and Jim Carter’s fullback understudy, 1969-71), suffered a stroke a few months ago but is doing well.

Craig Curry (QB 1969-71) suffered a serious stroke this month and is struggling with slurred speech and some paralysis.

Curry and Cook, a retired educator, reside in Florida.

https://www.twincities.com/2017/12/...-shurmur-could-be-coaching-bears-next-season/

Go Gophers!!

I hope they all recover. Seriously, though, nobody works harder than Jim Carter's PR guy.

Top Bottom