Victory walk

Maroon92

Reaction score
We just missed getting down there for the Victory Walk. Can anyone comment on the atmosphere and the amount of people who watched it compared to the dome? Where does the bus drop them off and where is the route they walk?

Also-- any comments on the rest of campus--either through campus/Northrup mall etc and also down frat row and the Dinky Town area. We stayed mostly in the Stadium village area.

We just missed getting down there for the Victory Walk. Can anyone comment on the atmosphere and the amount of people who watched it compared to the dome? Where does the bus drop them off and where is the route they walk?

Also-- any comments on the rest of campus--either through campus/Northrup mall etc and also down frat row and the Dinky Town area. We stayed mostly in the Stadium village area.

It was a nice "sea of people", see the pic I attached

Attachments

• The Bank 001.jpg
    The Bank 001.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 121

I was standing just outside of Mcnamara as they turned toward the stadium. Too much polite clapping there. But at the stadium it was pretty great. I wish they would make the thing for the students instead of the alumni if they have to make a choice. I'd rather see it go furthur down University instead of through McNamara although it's would be a brief traffic nightmare.

There was a totally different vibe for yesterday's walk when compared with the ones at the Dome. The players were clearly soaking it all in and loving the interaction with the crowd. For example, my son (age 5 and a bit shy) was wearing a #7 jersey while huddled up against his grandma's leg. Decker spotted him when walking by, so Eric stopped and bent down to give him a big smile and a high five. He even waited a few seconds before my son finally decided that it was okay to let go of grandma for a bit. LOL. I saw numerous examples of this interaction with the players, so I thought that was a welcome change from how serious the players seemed at the Dome walks.

Hopefully this sort of atmosphere continues and it wasn't simply a side effect of opening day at a new stadium.

I was reminded quite quickly how young these kids are. The upperclassmen were all engaging (Decker is a natural) and having serious fun with it, realizing their roles in the activity. But the young guys and newbies were all a bit scared and probably in shock. This is a great thing for the social development of the athletes. Brew is really great this way.

It was crazy, from the plaza all the way to the stadium it was 5 people deep in all spots and a couple spots were deeper.

VERY important for people to make an effort to get there again this week for the 9am Victory Walk, we don't want the crowd to go down 50% for the 2nd game, get your butt there! Thanks,

I thought this was a dumb idea when I first heard about it a few years ago.
I am happy to be proven wrong.

It was like being at a real college football game. The pre-game scene at Sally's was spirited. They played the rouser a few times and the place was packed with maroon and gold. The party at Mcnamara was well attended and well run. No outdoor TVs though. The pre-game scene was very good every where I went. Everybody seemed to be having a great time building a day around Gopher football. This is good and something we haven't had for a long time.

from gopherace at goldensports.net
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3akj3X0kkk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-3akj3X0kkk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
nice shots of every player, but schnoodler is right about the polite clapping.

The video is great. I saw the Ohio State walk on TV and it appeared that the fans were roped off from the players/coaches. The Gopher walk appeared to be a lot more fun than what happened in Columbus.

By the stadium

The video is great. I saw the Ohio State walk on TV and it appeared that the fans were roped off from the players/coaches. The Gopher walk appeared to be a lot more fun than what happened in Columbus.

It was great! The players seemed to be enjoying themselves, where as the Dome Walks seemed more like a chore. Joy versus chore. TCF Stadium v Dome - -Hmm.

The final 15 feet or so were roped off to keep the space walkable for players coaches band and spirit.

For those that may not know the blonde woman in the still picture is Mrs. Brewster who was outed by Dave Lee on the radio.

Also those of us who were on the north side of the gate also got to greet the visiting recruits and their families. That was a great treat!

Really - the atmosphere at the Dome was never this good, even when the weather all else was equal or better. The true test will be this Saturday with the earlier Victory Walk.

Top Bottom