Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromthevalley View Post
    Now, we need to be Indiana fans on Saturday. They face off with Iowa in Iowa City at 11 AM central time on Saturday on BTN. Go Tyra Buss!!!???
    Give me a couple of days and I'll get on the Buss. It helps that I want her to run over Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromthevalley View Post
    Now, we need to be Indiana fans on Saturday. They face off with Iowa in Iowa City at 11 AM central time on Saturday on BTN. Go Tyra Buss!!!???
    Should also cheer for Penn State to beat Nebraska tonight since the Huskers close out with Maryland. They could fall to 10-6 and Gophers could rise to #3 seed by beating Illinois. Huskers didn't lose to Minnesota or Iowa so they will win any head to head tiebreaker or a 3-way tie.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by overpass View Post
    Should also cheer for Penn State to beat Nebraska tonight since the Huskers close out with Maryland. They could fall to 10-6 and Gophers could rise to #3 seed by beating Illinois. Huskers didn't lose to Minnesota or Iowa so they will win any head to head tiebreaker or a 3-way tie.
    PSU/Nebraska (Go Lady Lions) is on BTN following Maryland/Michigan (Go Terps).

35-33 MICH at the half

Michigan is going to win. What is going on here?

6. Default

So Gopher fans should be cheering for Indiana and Nebraska this weekend? Either way, the Gophers will need to take care of business against Illinois or it won't matter.

Interesting to note that the BTN color commentator for the Nebraska-PSU game picked Nebraska's Kate Cain as the BIG Freshman of the Year over Destiny Pitts. Cain had 20 boards tonight against PSU. I still favor Destiny as the Frosh of the Year, as she has had multiple double-doubles and Cain just had her first in BIG play tonight.

It would make the most sense just to count the Freshman of the Week awards. Pitts is dominating with 7, but she’s definitely not going to win the last week.

Sevillian is not even in the arena with the flu. Iowa is rolling 42-24 at halftime. Looks like we're going to need Nebraska to win tomorrow.

From my information, wins from Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota lead to a #3 seed for Minnesota. Nebraska’s biggest fan tomorrow.

10. Default

Gustafson is really, really good. I don't have a vote, but if I did, I'd vote for her as BIG POY over Mitchell...although I still think Mitchell gets it because she is a senior and Gustafson a junior. Indiana couldn't even come close to defending her...and Buss not much of a factor against the Hawkeyes today with a less than stellar day. Wish she would have had that type of game against our Gophers. I'll take either a 3 or a 4 seed...obviously prefer a 3 in order to stay away from OSU in the BIG tourney...not the best of matchups for the Gophers. I might be totally wrong with this, but I think Nebraska has a shot against Maryland. Maryland has lost 3 games in a row and they are reeling. And Maryland has also lost two conference home games this year to MSU and Purdue. The Terrapins have been dominant in this league since joining and they are an easy team to rout against.

64-59 Maryland end of third

76-75 Maryland with 0:26 left

13. Default

Hmm, I think the Cornhuskers got jobbed at the end with the foul calls. Would have loved to seen Maryland and OSU in the same bracket. I wonder why the BIG is compelled to have Maryland end their season at home on the last Sunday every year.