B1G Conference games

Has anyone heard if the Big Ten Tournament will be free on BTN Plus? Or will you have to buy the conference subscription to watch? I imagine thats where the first 3 rounds will be shown with the men's tournament going on at the same time this year.

When has anything related to BTN been free?

Is it typically on BTN or BTN Plus? Last year it is showing as playing on BTN.

Here's the "Live Television" language from a fact sheet for the 2018 Big Ten Women's Tournament Media Information:

"ESPN2 will air the 2018 tournament championship game at 7 PM (ET) on Sunday, March 4, while BTN2Go will carry the remaining 12 games of the tournament".

Looking at the brackets on line - the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday women's games will all be on BTN2Go. The men's games those days will be on BTN.

The Saturday women's games will be on regular BTN, according to the bracket sheet, with the championship on ESPN2. Men's Saturday games appear on CBS.

Chalk another black mark up against Jim Delany, the Big Ten commissioner on playing the men's tourney in Madison Square Garden and needing to be a week earlier than normal due to the Men's Big East tourney having the Garden on the week the Big Ten men's tourney would normally be played.

In past years, when the men's and women's tourneys were a week apart, this wasn't an issue and the women's tourney games were on regular BTN.

Chalk another black mark up against Jim Delany, the Big Ten commissioner on playing the men's tourney in Madison Square Garden and needing to be a week earlier than normal due to the Men's Big East tourney having the Garden on the week the Big Ten men's tourney would normally be played.

ESPN used to show some opening men's games but they aren't even doing that with this stupid schedule change.

I'm really hoping they open BTN2Go for free. I seem to remember watching volleyball NCAA tournament games for free in the fall but that may have been an NCAA mandate.

If it say BTN2Go, I’m assuming it’s free. If it would be pay streaming, it would say BTN+.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it say BTN2Go, I’m assuming it’s free. If it would be pay streaming, it would say BTN+.

There’s a couple different definitions of “free”. There’s absolutely free to everyone with no log-in required, and then there’s free to those who already subscribe to BTN through their television provider.... the latter definition most likely is what you guys are talking about.

There’s a couple different definitions of “free”. There’s absolutely free to everyone with no log-in required, and then there’s free to those who already subscribe to BTN through their television provider.... the latter definition most likely is what you guys are talking about.

I should have been more clear, I mean free to those who get BTN through cable, satellite, or streaming service.

Iowa tied it up. Going to OT. Rutgers has 4 players with 4 fouls. :confused:

Rutgers continued to choke during overtime. Iowa is gonna win.

Doyle is close to a triple double - 10 points, 9 assists, 9 turnovers.

Some unfortunate Scarlet Knight comedy occurred with about 3:08 left in regulation and a nine point lead (56-47), a Rutgers fast break was broken up when Scaife and Rollins ran into each other sending each of them sprawling and the pass bouncing harmlessly out of bounds. Naturally, Iowa found it's three point stroke and took advantage of Rutgers foul trouble to get it tied at 56.

Even then Rutgers should have wrapped it up. With 33 seconds remaining and a two point Rutgers lead, Scaife went one of two from the foul line and then they compounded the error by letting Doyle open in the corner for the three point tie and overtime. Coley, 20 points, was a difference maker.

Now, we need to be Indiana fans on Saturday. They face off with Iowa in Iowa City at 11 AM central time on Saturday on BTN. Go Tyra Buss!!!???

Now, we need to be Indiana fans on Saturday. They face off with Iowa in Iowa City at 11 AM central time on Saturday on BTN. Go Tyra Buss!!!???

Give me a couple of days and I'll get on the Buss. It helps that I want her to run over Iowa.

Should also cheer for Penn State to beat Nebraska tonight since the Huskers close out with Maryland. They could fall to 10-6 and Gophers could rise to #3 seed by beating Illinois. Huskers didn't lose to Minnesota or Iowa so they will win any head to head tiebreaker or a 3-way tie.

Should also cheer for Penn State to beat Nebraska tonight since the Huskers close out with Maryland. They could fall to 10-6 and Gophers could rise to #3 seed by beating Illinois. Huskers didn't lose to Minnesota or Iowa so they will win any head to head tiebreaker or a 3-way tie.

PSU/Nebraska (Go Lady Lions) is on BTN following Maryland/Michigan (Go Terps).

Michigan is going to win. What is going on here?

So Gopher fans should be cheering for Indiana and Nebraska this weekend? Either way, the Gophers will need to take care of business against Illinois or it won't matter.

Interesting to note that the BTN color commentator for the Nebraska-PSU game picked Nebraska's Kate Cain as the BIG Freshman of the Year over Destiny Pitts. Cain had 20 boards tonight against PSU. I still favor Destiny as the Frosh of the Year, as she has had multiple double-doubles and Cain just had her first in BIG play tonight.

It would make the most sense just to count the Freshman of the Week awards. Pitts is dominating with 7, but she’s definitely not going to win the last week.

Sevillian is not even in the arena with the flu. Iowa is rolling 42-24 at halftime. Looks like we're going to need Nebraska to win tomorrow.

From my information, wins from Iowa, Nebraska, and Minnesota lead to a #3 seed for Minnesota. Nebraska’s biggest fan tomorrow.

Gustafson is really, really good. I don't have a vote, but if I did, I'd vote for her as BIG POY over Mitchell...although I still think Mitchell gets it because she is a senior and Gustafson a junior. Indiana couldn't even come close to defending her...and Buss not much of a factor against the Hawkeyes today with a less than stellar day. Wish she would have had that type of game against our Gophers. I'll take either a 3 or a 4 seed...obviously prefer a 3 in order to stay away from OSU in the BIG tourney...not the best of matchups for the Gophers. I might be totally wrong with this, but I think Nebraska has a shot against Maryland. Maryland has lost 3 games in a row and they are reeling. And Maryland has also lost two conference home games this year to MSU and Purdue. The Terrapins have been dominant in this league since joining and they are an easy team to rout against.

Hmm, I think the Cornhuskers got jobbed at the end with the foul calls. Would have loved to seen Maryland and OSU in the same bracket. I wonder why the BIG is compelled to have Maryland end their season at home on the last Sunday every year.

Top Bottom