Maryland's Justin Jackson out for the season; Player intros at The Barn

Yeah, I like when the crowd sings along.

My biggest complaint and one I've sent many times to the University is the absolutely garbage halftimes. Record # of season tickets=record high revenue, yet we have below average dance groups and little kids playing at halftime. What happened to the Alexandria Aces? The Litchfield Dribbling Dragons? The Gymnastics team? ANYTHING???

I'd much much much rather see 4 random fans have to make a lay-up, free throw, 3 and half court shot in 45 seconds to win a $50 gift card than to watch another group of teenage girls dance. At least this is interesting to the crowd. Nothing kills the noise in the barn like a boring halftime.

The amount of little kids playing basketball has gotten pretty annoying. The U of M is huge--there must be some talented students who would like to perform something at halftime for free or very little money. Hell, might as well open it up to the public as well and just have people do short auditions. The amount of little kids playing basketball tells me that they don't give a sh!t about fans' halftime experience.

The amount of little kids playing basketball has gotten pretty annoying. The U of M is huge--there must be some talented students who would like to perform something at halftime for free or very little money. Hell, might as well open it up to the public as well and just have people do short auditions. The amount of little kids playing basketball tells me that they don't give a sh!t about fans' halftime experience.
And honestly, the number of pre-teen dancelines this year has been out of control. The creepiest was the group of girls all in identical blonde wigs.
Totally agree that the campus has to be overflowing with actual talent. That should complement the FM Acroteam.

Today’s gymnastic squad was solid. Had the cuteness factor and some nice acrobatics. And wouldn’t you know it...people cheered when it was done.

Also had the guy try the layup/free throw/3/half court shot. He failed but people cared! Someone must be reading my posts and getting stuff done.

Now I just want section 120, row 22 to be the wiener winner

Top Bottom