Pitino on Harris: "He plays hard...We have to find minutes for him.”

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

MORE TIME FOR HARRIS?

A player who could be seeing more playing time off the bench is freshman Jamir Harris, who scored nine points on 3-for-5 shooting from three-point range Saturday. He’s leading the team shooting 44.8 percent from beyond the arc this season (Mason is second on the team at 44.2 percent).

“I think the last two games have been good for him,” Pitino said. “He’s a freshman, but he’s one of those guys who is a lethal weapon sitting there on a team that doesn’t shoot the ball well from three. But there are so many other things that go into the game that he’s learning. Him and Isaiah don’t have a clue right now. And that’s Ok. That’s normal. With Jamir, it’s understanding defense. He can do it. He’s willing. He plays hard … When he shoots the ball, it looks good. We have to find minutes for him.”

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...anticipate-him-missing-a-whole-lot/466614953/

Go Gophers!!

So basically he has a hot hand and that might get him playing time over other players who are shooting ice cold from Three Point Land.

Isn't that what a coach is supposed to do or are we celebrating the legacy of Captain Obvious?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

So basically he has a hot hand and that might get him playing time over other players who are shooting ice cold from Three Point Land.

Isn't that what a coach is supposed to do or are we celebrating the legacy of Captain Obvious?

That’s not at all what he said.

If a player can shoot and/or play good D a coach will always be looking to get him more mins.

So basically you are complaining that he talked...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This post literally makes no sense, as others have insinuated. Clearly you were looking for any reason to complain about Pitino, but really you just embarrassed yourself. Pitino provides a lot more insight for fans than most coaches. Which factor played a larger role in your post: stupidity or agenda?

This post literally makes no sense, as others have insinuated. Clearly you were looking for any reason to complain about Pitino, but really you just embarrassed yourself. Pitino provides a lot more insight for fans than most coaches. Which factor played a larger role in your post: stupidity or agenda?
More information? More words maybe, so I hope they fill your column inches. When coaches talk to the press they are all about using the most words to convey the least amount of information.

I hope you grow award-winning produce in your garden because you certainly welcome sufficient manure to do that.

Ewert complaining about Pitino. Nothing new here. Only missing the studying his tie comment.

Defense is usually the reason most college freshman don't play a lot, the minutes will increase as he adjusts to the game I think is what he was saying.

He really needs to develop some PG/playmaking skills. For being 6'1, he doesnt bring much offensively other than 3 point shooting. But he cant just sit out in three point land and hope he gets open.

More information? More words maybe, so I hope they fill your column inches. When coaches talk to the press they are all about using the most words to convey the least amount of information.

I hope you grow award-winning produce in your garden because you certainly welcome sufficient manure to do that.

You don't stop do you? Having a bad day?

I like Harris on the defensive end. He isn't the best defender by any means but he IS a willing defender which is good. He'll learn and get better.

I'd like to see him display some offensive skills aside from shooting 3s but he can definitely stroke it when he is in rhythm. Pretty looking shot.

If nothing else he is proving he isn't afraid to shoot

He really needs to develop some PG/playmaking skills. For being 6'1, he doesnt bring much offensively other than 3 point shooting. But he cant just sit out in three point land and hope he gets open.
You're right, which is why Pitino is trying to get the kids to learn how to make cuts away from the ball.
Don't just sit there. Cut to different spots where you can catch and shoot. Be hard to guard away from the ball.
A guy can make an NBA career out of playing defense and making 3 point shots. Harris needs to learn how to play defense and then just find his spots around the perimeter on offense so he can catch and shoot.

At least Harris appears to care. He was visibly upset with himself when his man scored two or three straight buckets last game.

Top Bottom