Richard Pitino on Nate Mason's ankle: 'Don't anticipate him missing a whole lot'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

Pitino said on WCCO radio over the weekend that Mason is still day-to-day, but he's not seriously hurt and not expected to be out long. Mason returned home to Georgia for Christmas. He was given three days off like the rest of the team before the Gophers return to prepare for this Saturday’s game against Harvard.

“He’ll get some time off,” Pitino said. “I don’t anticipate him missing a whole lot, so dodged a bullet there, which was obviously very, very important.”

Pitino said the injury initially looked like Mason hurt his Achilles’ tendon.

“But it was really just kind of like the back part of his ankle,” he said. “Fortunately, it’s nothing too serious.”

http://www.startribune.com/richard-...anticipate-him-missing-a-whole-lot/466614953/

Go Gophers!!

Well, I hope that is accurate because I wouldn't want him to suffer long-term problems because of a misdiagnosis.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not too concerned about a misdiagnosis, but “day to day” means very little. Remember Andre Hollins and his long, slow recovery.

Well, I hope that is accurate because I wouldn't want him to suffer long-term problems because of a misdiagnosis.

We have terrible doctors around the U. He's probably out for the season. [emoji33][emoji6][emoji41]

We have terrible doctors around the U. He's probably out for the season. [emoji33][emoji6][emoji41]
Well, let's ask the Psychology Dept, maybe they'll send a receptionist posing as a doctor.

So they'll send you? [emoji23]
I'll let Red talk for me.
fce01e3dc06d08b9b044055725b8df4e.jpg

You’re right. It’s clearly something much more serious and they’ve incorrectly identified it.

You’re right. It’s clearly something much more serious and they’ve incorrectly identified it.
You gotta love GopherHole. Even a supportive statement like not wanting Nate Mason to suffer long term negative effects from an ankle injury is a slam. You guys must have super ankles that don't suffer from accumulating injuries.

You gotta love GopherHole. Even a supportive statement like not wanting Nate Mason to suffer long term negative effects from an ankle injury is a slam. You guys must have super ankles that don't suffer from accumulating injuries.

Bringing up the Spector of something worse is a negative point of view.3864E67E-233B-46A4-AB6C-D41B1A93ADEE.jpg

Bringing up the Spector of something worse is a negative point of view.View attachment 5309
Only if you live in a Pollyanna world. You project your own negativity by not considering there could have been a worse scenario and not appreciating where you are at.

As you're a medical professional, could you please explain what "HIPPA" is?
You don't have to be a medical professional to know that HIPPA is the legislation that established rules regarding the release of a person's medical information and records. Basically, you just can't walk up to a hospital or medical office and ask "What is wrong with so-and-so?"

You don't have to be a medical professional to know that HIPPA is the legislation that established rules regarding the release of a person's medical information and records. Basically, you just can't walk up to a hospital or medical office and ask "What is wrong with so-and-so?"

I know very well what HIPAA is, as I use it every day in my work. It seems that's what you're describing. See, most medical professionals that I work with can accurately cite and define basic medical terminology, like for example HIPAA (not "HIPPA", whatever that is). Perhaps you should stay in your lane and leave the diagnoses to the professionals.

I know very well what HIPAA is, as I use it every day in my work. It seems that's what you're describing. See, most medical professionals that I work with can accurately cite and define basic medical terminology, like for example HIPAA (not "HIPPA", whatever that is). Perhaps you should stay in your lane and leave the diagnoses to the professionals.
I can't believe this board. I express the hope that Nate does not have a worse injury than is reported and I get attacked because I am not a medical professional. GH takes the cake for sheer paranoid hypocrisy.

I'm sure that if I said that I hoped a player could save up enough money to buy a present for his little brother that I would hear "are you a financial professional?" "How do you know that wouldn't screw up his financial plan?"

This is just another example of ivory tower isolation and it's resulting hypocritical paranoia.

I can't believe this board. I express the hope that Nate does not have a worse injury than is reported and I get attacked because I am not a medical professional. GH takes the cake for sheer paranoid hypocrisy.

I'm sure that if I said that I hoped a player could save up enough money to buy a present for his little brother that I would hear "are you a financial professional?" "How do you know that wouldn't screw up his financial plan?"

This is just another example of ivory tower isolation and it's resulting hypocritical paranoia.

You more or less implied that the medical staff is incompetent for no reason other than your own assumptions. That's why people got defensive.

People are attacking you because it was a very weird post. You have zero reason to believe that Nate's injury was a poor diagnosis or that his long term health is of concern.

People are attacking you because it was a very weird post. You have zero reason to believe that Nate's injury was a poor diagnosis or that his long term health is of concern.

Beg to differ. Some people attack him because he comes off as a complete jerk who has an agenda.

Beg to differ. Some people attack him because he comes off as a complete jerk who has an agenda.

I got a good chuckle out of that. For a spit second I was wondering if someone was seriously defending him. He even fell into dpo's smug trap and for once it wasn't annoying

Top Bottom